“Absolute perfect for business or vacation”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 May 2009

This hotel is a very good. Extra large rooms with full kitchen installed, clean bathroom, comfortable bed, clean carpets, very friendly staff, good sized clean pool area with lots of chairs around the pool, designated smoking area with chairs, great full hot breakfast buffet in the morning is also included. Also free WIFI internet access and free internet terminal in the lobby and there was even a free printer with paper available. The location is very close to Sky Harbor airport but still quiet. Very good access via freeways to downtown Phoenix and sightseeing in the area. We were almost blown away by the service, location and size of the rooms. We have not (yet) found a better deal in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2009

We had an overnight stay after our flight from the UK. We were a party of 5 and had booked a two bedroom suite, with my son sleeping on a sofa bed in the living area. Ir was reasonably compact, each bedroom having its own TV and bathroom. My son had to walk through our bedroom to get to the bathroom. The kitchen area was really nice to have. We bought reasonably priced snacks, milk and beer from the hotel. Buffet breakfast was a good spread. Our room was quiet although the aircon was noisy.
We also used the airport shuttle to get from the airport and then to return to the airport to pick up our hirecar. That all went smoothly. The minivans seem to go at regular intervals.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I have stayed at this Residence Inn several times during the past two years. Aside from the proximity to the airport, the professionalism of the front desk staff keeps me coming back. They have always been prompt to acknowledge my presence at the desk, and courteous when getting me checked in and out no matter what time of day or night I show up, helpful for storing a bag, and with directions to a grocery or restaurant, The rooms have been very clean every time, beds have been extremely comfortable, and the prices reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2008

Well, it's an easy place to find in relation to the airport. Nice parking lot with a nice sampling of cacti near the front of the building.

Check-in was prompt, yet relaxed which was fine by me. My first problem was after checking in, I had to constantly use my room card. Within 30 feet, you'll need your card out for the back of the lobby, the pool, and the door to enter the building which has your room. I'd hate to see anyone with more than one bag deal with those doors.

The room had everything I needed plus a good little kitchen. When I stay longer than two nights, I love to have more than just a little dorm-size fridge for some groceries. I found the role of housekeeping - in regards to the kitchen - to be confusing. Everything was nicely organized, but some stuff was half-washed and the rest was stuff I was going to wash and dry myself. Nonetheless, I made great use of my kitchen!

The room had two big drawbacks. I probably would've found a better quality deal and the television looked like it was at the end of its depreciation.

The nice part is that Marriott has always been good to me when it comes to comfortable beds and showers. That's usually why I'll choose Marriott first if I don't know the area well.

The outdoor pool is surprisingly comfortable and provides the option of having your own little cookout.

While the breakfast buffet food is average, it is well run.

All in all, it was OK. Next time, I'll just stay downtown or in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2008

We've stayed in a lot of Residence Inns around the US and they're all quite similar, but this one is a HUGE place. There are hundreds of rooms, but it's still quiet enough. The rooms are light and comfortable as you would expect, but the one negative point about this room was that it didn't have an oven. It had a hob and microwave, but not a proper oven. However, breakfast is included and it's a good breakfast too, with a good range of hot and cold food. Opposite the hotel is a large Chinese supermarket and a couple of Chinese restaurants so eating is not a problem if you're here for one night before going to the airport the next day. The hotel also has a nice pool area with barbecues should you wish to grill your food.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2008

My husband and I stayed at this property as we had an early morning flight. I have to say the staff was excellent. They are very well trained in service which I truly appreciate these days.

The rooms were excellent as always- comfortable and well equipped.
The only thing to be aware of is to be sure to bring your room key if you are walking from your room to the front desk since they will be in separate buildings and you must have your key to get back in your building. I left mine in the room with my husband while I went to the desk and could not get back into the building and had to knock on the window so he could let me back in . (Good thing we had a 1st floor room)

The shuttle was right on time to the airport and even though breakfast did not start until 6am and our shuttle left at 530am- they still had hot coffee and juice out and fresh fruit so we could grab something before going to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again. I am a travel agent so I get good rates at Marriott anyway, but this property stuck out due to the service of the staff.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank travelgrl1
Reviewed 18 June 2007

We were able to check in (very) early. Staff was very friendly. Upon entering our room, we noticed that our bed was not done completely with pillows missing. It took no more than 5 minutes after calling, for the staff to come and make the bed. Later on we received a note form the front desk apologizing for this and a small bag of goodies. We thought it was a very thoughtful gesture.
Breakfast is the usual, nothing extra ordinary.
Location is great. Airport, car rental and highway is very close. There are a bunch of Chinese restaurants that are good right across from the hotel (can walk)
Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business