“Excellent choice for business!”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #56 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Beverly Hills, CA
“Excellent choice for business!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2007

I stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights and found it to be excellent. The staff is very professional, and always greeted me with a smile. The business facilites are excellent, and the rooms perfect for working late into the night. The free airport shuttle made it a simple task to get in and out of quickly. The only thing I didn't like was the surly attitude at their restaurant, and the mediocre food, but there were many options close by, so that was not a problem.

• Liked — Convenience to the airport
  • Disliked — Surly restaurant staff
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank twashing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2007

For 15,000 Marriott Rewards points, this excellent facility was a very pleasant steal for me. But without points, I would have paid $269/night plus taxes and other fees, and I'd probably be a little more critical.

The rooms are recently updated with generally quality materials and good lighting everywhere. Both the rooms and common areas were very clean and quiet during my stay. The buffet breakfast was a touch bigger and tastier than I've had at recent other Residence Inn stays. The Internet service in the common area was well-equipped and sufficient for efficiently printing out boarding passes, checking the news, and the like.

The front desk staff was efficient and helpful, but one or two of the staff were somewhat aloof and impolite, while another manager was very friendly. The free airport shuttle was on time, convenient and speedy, although the front desk mumbled something about possibly competing for shuttle space with hotel employees on certain shuttles during the week.

I didn't have the time to use the other amenities, but others seemed to enjoy the hot tub, the fitness center is advertised as 24 hours, and several other typical Residence services are available.

I've stayed at a fair number of Residence Inns and Courtyards, and this was one of the nicest, especially using points.

• Stayed February 2007
1 Thank finickytripper
PHXRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel.
It was great to read that you enjoyed our hotel and I'm happy to note that we've even renovated since your review so things are even fresher than before! Also, recognizing that I am a bit bias, we have a really stellar staff in place at the hotel now and I'm excited about the constant positive feedback we recieve about them!
As far as your concern about pricing, the 'good' news for our customers is that we are actually offering much lower prices than the $269 you were quoted for your stay a couple years ago. And, as is the case with all Phoenix area hotels, you'll find even deeper discounts during non-peak (spring) months.
Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit to the area.

monterey, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2007

stayed during baseball spring training in 2006. love the hotel. nice cozy studio apartment like room with full kitchen. nice bed and view of the basketball court.

hotel had nice big gathering room for breakfast and weekday dinners. fireplace and overstuffed furniture. enjoyed chatting with other guests.

chinese cultural center and shopping just across the street. good chinese restaurants and general store. very spacious quality to hotel and neighborhood. shuttle to airport was convenient.

i will definitely stay there again when i am in phoenix,.

• Liked — size of room and breakfast area.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2006, travelled solo
4 Thank CAbigdaddy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and we met your expectations of what a Marriott hotel should be. I'm happy to report that, since your review, we have done an extensive renovation to the hotel which has given it an even nicer image.
The Chinese cultural center continues to be a great neighbor of ours and their authentic menus can't be beat!
We look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Deerfield, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2006

I am a buisness traveler looking for cleanliness and competent staff in a hotel. This hotel meets my needs and therefore I have come back several times. The rooms are large and comfortable, and very well kept. The breakfast area is pleasant but gets very busy, so come down a bit earlier than you planned if it's during "peak" period.

One of the built-in bonuses of this hotel is that it is directly across the road from the Chinese Cultural Center. The bulk of the "center" is a shopping area for Chinese-American stores and restaurants, and all of them are good -- and very reasonably priced. I have tried a few of them on different visits. If you walk across, remember that Phoenix drivers don't know the meaning of the word "pedestrian" and you must be very, very careful crossing the high-speed traffic to get to the center. Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
9 Thank retro1959
Thank you for your kind words. I too am a big fan of the Chinese Cultural Center across the street - and I probably visit there more often than I should!
We certainly pride ourselves on being a reasonably priced quality hotel right in the crossroads of Phoenix's major cities: Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the area!

All the best,

Allen, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2006

We stayed here in March. The room was near the laundry room which had a horrible odor. The bed was uncomfortable and we did not have enough towels. Hotel was overpriced for $139 per night We had read the previous reviews and expected much more. We were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2006
7 Thank cchicks4
Hello. I recognize that it has been some time since your review however, since I am relatively new to the hotel, I wanted to make sure I have a firm understanding of how the hotel is performing. To that end, I appreciate your candor in describing your experience at our hotel. We generally recieve positive feedback about our hotel but, clearly, in your case we failed to uphold your expectations for our hotel and for that I apologize. Since your stay we have made some significant improvements (renovations) to the hotel as well as to our staff!
I welcome you to come back and see what we've done to the place!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2005

I don't know how this stay could have been better except if I had stayed longer. Everything about this place was great - extra large room with kitchen and wireless office facilities and a fabulous breakfast. Other hotels should take a queue from this hotel on how to do a breakfast.

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our property. We certainly work hard to provide our guests with a high quality experience and it's good to know that we are finding success in those efforts.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2004

This Residence Inn is well located not far from the airport. The facility is well kept and the rooms are clean and well maintained. The kitchen facilities are lacking, however, so if you plan on staying for more than a day or two, don't plan on cooking much. The front desk staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, but was unable to give driving directions to a local restaurant, which I found by asking a policeman later in the day.

4 Thank Thor1999
We appreciate your feedback about the hotel. Through candid comments like yours we are able to identify areas of the hotel which are running well, and also areas of the hotel which need some additional focus - like helpling our front desk improve their local area knowledge. Since your visit we have installed high speed internet at the front desk which enables our team to look up (and print) directions to anywhere our guests might need. Additionally, since your visit, we have renovated the sleeping rooms (including our kitchens) providiing many more ammenities than we previously had.