“Excellent hotel, convenient location and good value for a stay in Phoenix”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Plymouth
“Excellent hotel, convenient location and good value for a stay in Phoenix”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

This is a good place to stay if you are spending some time in Phoenix. The rooms are spacious, quiet and extremely well equipped - you could easily entertain several people in your room. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful each time we dealt with him. The breakfasts are good and there is a "happy hour" on some weeknights with generous servings of wine or beer. The pool is a bit small but is good for a splash about and the hot tub is good too, although the proximity of some rooms makes you feel you are sitting in a goldfish bowl. The location is good with some restaurants in walking distance, bus stops outside and the light rail is about 10 minutes walk. They have a very good dining guide, arranged by cuisine and style. The only niggle was that the wi-fi was fiddly to access and on one occasion I gave up as it vwas so slow. But you can access the internet and print stuff in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JR-from-London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My co-worker and I were in town for a confernece and were staying a different hotel down the street that had been overbooked due to a computer system issue. They sent us to the Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Airport and paid for our first night, got us a great rate and we were very happy to have switched. The room was good, the hot breakfast was nice and free wi-fi is always appreciated. The staff was friendly and helpful. One area I would like to see changes in is the fitness area as it was small and only had 4 machines.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank annade1
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Have you ever been sitting in the lounge of one of these fancy 5 star hotels and thought to yourself, "this has been a great night, but I just wish there was some cheese sauce on tap." Well my travel weary friends, your dreams have come true. Sitting in a seedy part of Phoenix, on the edge of the hood, sits the Residence Inn by Marriott. It begins when you walk in and see Brittany and Katya running the show. Only in America can a girl from Ukraine and a girl from the emerald city team up to provide a utopian experience. Then, you enter the lobby and will leave you like Deleon when he first encountered the mythical fountain of youth, there, on tap is CHEESE!!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank gmoney3168
Seattle
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Checking in was fast and courteous. The hotel is clean and the rooms, for the most part, are very quiet. We were fortunate to stay on the nights that the hotel held evening socials (light meals, beer, wine) and it was nice to be able to meet casually with the others in our group. I forgot my Sony radio in the room when I left and the hotel just called to say they were sending via Fed Ex this afternoon. That level of customer service makes a big impression.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Allegany
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Great shuttle service to and from airport. Shuttle driver VERY helpful with information about the area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I volunteered to give up my seat on a flight from PHX to Palm Springs. The only hitch was that the next available flight was the next day and I'd have to it stay the night. Not a major problem, but it's always stressful to change plans at the last minute. Fortunately, it couldn't have gone more smoothly.

The airline put me up at the Residence Inn and it was great. The shuttle didn't take too long to pick me up and the driver was great. He had a couple of non-english speakers on board and he tried valiantly to answer their questions.

The front desk staff (Brittany is the best!) was awesome. Extremely friendly and talkative and answered all my questions eagerly and patiently. Plus there was a happy hour with free beer and wine!

I was amazed at the size of the room. Very spacious and well-appointed. AND very quiet. A major plus in my book.

Checkout in the morning was smooth. And despite leaving before the scheduled start time of the hot breakfast, it was ready early and I got a nice bowl of oatmeal.

Bonus: It was a very quick shuttle ride from the hotel to the airport.

For an unexpected change in plans, my layover in Phoenix went as smoothly as it could have.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Claybow
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Stayed here twice. First night Christmas night after flying into Phoenix from Florida, the other 6 nights later, the night before we flew home. Our main destination was Tucson, but this ended up being a good base for us while in the area.

Arrived super late on Christmas night due to some chaos at the Phoenix airport and car rental counter (2 thumbs down to Hertz for this trip). Just happy to be getting to the room as we had an over tired 2 year old that needed to go to bed. Check-in was smooth and easy. My husband and I were traveling with my parents as well, and they put our rooms super close together and on the first floor, which was nice since we still had to bring all our bags in even though we were only staying for one night. Both times the room were clean and orderly.

My son slept on the pull out sofa and they sheets for it were in the closet. I sat on it twice, and it didn't seem so bad. Hubby and I stayed in the Queen in the bedrrom (no Kings in any of the one bedroom room here). We are used to a King at home, so the quenn seemed a bit tight. Pillows were bad too, but mattress was fine. Heard a bit of noise through the bedroom wall into the adjacent room, but it went away quickly and we never heard them again.

Breakfast was a typical Residence Inn. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either. The food is what it is, but at least the dining tables and food counters were clean.

Front desk staff was friendly. On arrivel on Christmas night they knew which restaurant we could call for food (an Italian joint of some sort, which had decent sandwiches)- and where to direct us on the morning of the 26th to find the nearest drugstore for trip supplies (a new CVS right down the street).

Do not know the costs since my parents were extremely generous and cashed in their hotel points for us to stay both times. If we were to return and the price was right, I would stay again. Also loved that the internet was free.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family