“Most attentive staff I have experienced in a long time”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #62 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Diego, California
“Most attentive staff I have experienced in a long time”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Every staff member from checking, to housekeeping, to restaurant staff were extremely attentive during 2 different stays in a short period of time. I travel most of the year so while the hotel itself was what I expect from a Marriott (good things) the staff was the best I have encountered at any hotel, boutique or otherwise. This is my favorite hotel in Phoenix.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
sacramento, CA
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel on business and also had an event in the meeting space. The hotel staff was absolutely fabulous. Every staff member I encountered was gracious, made eye contact and wanted to be sure all needs were met. The quality of the food for room service was great.. At the bar/restaurant it was so so. The only headache I had was my room key kept getting demagnitized with any contact with my cell phone so becareful to keep them separated.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 April 2011

A nice well located hotel. Staff friendly and accommodating. Beware if you are a Gold Elite member...no free breakfast only for Platinum members.. Executive Lounge closed on the weekends. So, a little non-accommodating for some of us.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BonVoyage555
Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I love tripadvisor.com and used the site to find this hotel. It met all my needs--price, location and amenities. Our room was very clean and very spacious (8th floor). The bathroom was the same on both points. It was also very quiet--we seldom heard noise from the hallway and never once heard noise from the adjacent rooms. The beds were nice and comfortable. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. We only ate at the hotel restaurant once--for breakfast. It was good, but seemed pricey (as did the lunch and dinner items we saw on the menu). The hotel bar is in the lobby--seemed a little awkward to be there. The pool, hot tub and exercise areas were clean and roomy. The best part really was it's location, as it was close to the freeway so you could get anywhere you wanted in the Phoenix vicinity with the greatest of ease.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripster_From_WI
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I was in Phoenix for a conference that was being held at the Mariott Phoenix Airport and decided for ease to stay there as well...great decision! I was picked up by the free courtesy shuttle within about 20 minutes of landing. Check-in was a breeze. I stayed on the 6th floor and somehow ended up with one of the rooms that had a balcony which was a bonus! The room itself was extremely spacious and comfy. In addition to the super plush bed there was a work station desk and a chair for reading. The bathroom was extremely clean and stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash. During my stay, the front desk provided me with a razor and shaving cream since you can't carry on easily. I ate in the restaurant once each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast was yummy with your usual breakfast buffet including omelet station. Lunch was a little overpriced for a limited buffet. Dinner was pricey, but the meal was excellent. I also did room service which is the same menu as the restaurant. Due to a mix-up/miscommunication, my room service was comped which was much appreciated. Check-out was a breeze and I easily caught the shuttle back to the airport. My experience at the Mariott Phoenix was great and I would recommend it to anybody!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Once again we were VERY pleased with this hotel. Excellent service etc etc etc. Convenient to airport and they have a shuttle!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Finding a hotel that was clean, quiet, and near the airport for our trip back East turned out to be tricker than I expected due to all the construction work currently surrounding the airport. This hotel was in a perfect location to get downtown and to the airport with the minimum of hassle. Rooms were clean and staff courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple