“Very close to PHX airport”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Thousand Oaks, California
“Very close to PHX airport”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here for the first time recently because I had an early morning flight home the next day. Arrived late (9pm) and the front desk lady was very nice, greeted me as a Gold elite member but unfortunately never mentioned the concierge lounge on the 12th floor opened ‘til 10pm. It would have been nice to grab a drink or snack before heading to bed.

The room was nice and comfortable and everything was clean and in working order. My only complaint would be that the bed pillows were a bit small, and there were some stains on the carpet.

For breakfast, I went down to the lobby only to have to go back up to the 12th floor after being told at that point about the concierge lounge. Breakfast was simple, nothing fancy, but enjoyable. Unfortunately there was one gentleman on his cell phone speaking loud almost the whole time I was there, being rude to those of us wanting to enjoy a nice quiet breakfast. I would recommend not allowing cell phones in this lounge.

Checkout was quick and the friendly front desk woman gave me pre-printed directions for my rental car return. If I had to stay close to the PHX airport again, I would probably stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mrstats69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I don't have anything bad to say about anything about the hotel or staff. I've stayed here several times. On three occasions we were left stranded at the airport and had to call a taxi because the Marriott Shuttle Bus failed to pick us up. We never had a problem getting us to the airport but coming back just didn't happen. The first time we thought it was a fluke. That second time we were told it would never happen again. The third time was the last time. We do continue to stay here but use a different service that's reliable. It's possible that the problem has been fixed since but I can't trust them after my experiences.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheSaltyPepper
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Forget the rooms (that were very nice, by the way), price (which was well done) or the food (which was very good for the price); it all came down to service. After driving for days we needed connecting rooms and a late check out. By the time I checked in, the front office individual had it all taken care of with the connecting rooms. And, for the late check out, she gave us "an extra night" to ensure that the cards would work until 2 pm. All this without charging us extra. She knew exactly what to do to make the trip go better at that very moment. It was all about the service and they were awesome.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here for a week during my husband's two week long business trip. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping was very intuitive to our needs (i.e. first day I had my razor on tub and that night I had bath gel sitting next to my razor. They saw we were water drinkers and had bottled water next to the ice bucket daily. I felt very pampered. Location was 5 min from airport which was perfect on so many levels as my husband was working across the street from airport. Also located on 44th street which is a main thoroughfare north to camelback mountain and other main crossroads as well as inches away from the 202 loop. The room was large and comfortable with cozy chair and ottoman, comfy fluffy bed and pillows and a large desk for my husband to work on. i spend many hours in the room as i would take my husband to work at 6:30 and most places do not open until 10 or 11. Did not notice the highway noise at all. i also used the pool almost daily to sit and read in the shade and jump in to cool off as we were there in July. Would say they need a few more umbrellas, the one I used was shakey and I had to ask for a staff member to raise it. We did not use the restaurant. I did use the little gift shop. Disappointed that the internet was not included. Would love to stay here again and hubby will be coming back.

Room Tip: I loved our room, we did have a balcony but no chairs to sit on. There are not many balconies. We d...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stay at Marriotts regularly for business. I stayed twice in the past month, once for business and once with my wife for personal business. The personal service was excellent. The property is more than well-kept. it is very clean and neat. The only negative is there is no fast, low-cost breakfast option, such as a coffee shop.

Room Tip: The restaurant is a tad pricy, but good service. The views are vey good; north faces Camelback.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I arrived late on a Friday evening from an East coast flight. I phoned the front desk and requested a shuttle pickup. Mary provided me very specific directions on which door to exit and which curb (north vs. south) to wait at. Nice touch. Shuttle driver arrived promptly and property is short drive away, far enough that you don't hear airport noise. Property is among other branded hotels on same street and is well maintained. Lobby is impressive considering the value of the stay. Front desk arrival was excellent. I was tired and hot but it was made easy. Normally I have concierge lounge access, but due to the late hour it was closed. I was offered cold bottled water as an alternative which was appreciated. Room on the 10th floor was more spacious than I expected and spotless. Very supportive mattress and crisp sheets helped me sleep before moving on the next morning. Although breakfast was included, I couldn't take advantage as my next flight was early. A quick conversation with the shuttle driver the night before gave accurate guidance on airport arrival time to clear security screening backlog. Brief stay with appreciated service from the staff, recommended property.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank QualityAuditor
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Phx Sky Harbor Marriott is a great location and value especially for East Coast business travelers with early flights. A new modern hotel with great food and amenities. It is not a resort which is good if you are looking for a well priced business hotel with business class quality.

• Stayed June 2012