“Excellent customer service at this hotel”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #59 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I spent last week on a business trip here. The entire staff was extremely helpful and friendly. All of them speak to you when they see you and always ask if they can be of any assistance and how your stay is going.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

The Good: Sizeable rooms, comfortable bed, great staff, good breakfast, decent price, 10 minutes from airport with free shuttle.

The Bad: Some stained furniture, wear-and-tear, and location. Repeat, location.

Granted, airport hotels are rarely surrounded by amenities, but this one is basically in the middle of residential apartments and next to a school. Don't plan on walking to the corner store or restaurant for a snack. With no nearby options. The lobby bar closed unusually early. I would stay here again only if I needed to be as close to the airport as possible. Otherwise I'd look a bit more

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 7 January 2013

A nice comfortable no frills hotel great for my business stay. Very friendly staff, they all greet you when you pass them which is a nice touch. Probably a little over priced based on all the hotels in the area. Room service was prompt and friendly.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013

great rooms, atmosphere, and service, directions from the airport a little bit trcky.. taxi took some time to get to the airport. a lot of traffic. to the airport.. a little price for the luxury
but it is decent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I followed the directions for being picked up (the desk clerk said it would take 20 minutes, which for me is already too long to wait), but nobody came. Called back...must have rung 15 times before she answered...and the desk clerk apologized and said it'd be 5 to 10 more minutes. It was 20, and I suspect the guy only came then because there were two other families waiting. When I got back, the desk clerk welcomed me and then took off, leaving me at the counter for a couple of minutes. I understand a mistake, but taken together the staff came off inattentive and downright rude.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank teufelsdroch
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

Check in
Holy boobs! The lady behind the counter was not dressed to be welcoming guests to a so called "4 star" hotel quick check in nonetheless

1st room all and I mean all of the wallpaper was peeling back more than an inch at most seams the outside of the phone was yellow with the consistancy of smoke stains I had to hold it away from my face it literally smelled.

2nd room
Same as first just a non smelly room and no smoke stains. The bed was about the only thing clean in this room. We were tired from the day and wanted to go to bed so we gave in and just put up.

We utilized the Marriott for a stay-cation we wanted something elegant to break the mundane of our home and this was elegant..... back in the early 90s they really need to consider a major revamp to there 4th floor rooms you can tell this has never happened.

We did complain in the morning and we got a "sorry we will try harder next time"
I would recommend any other hotel in the area even a discount hotel you'd at least have a better chance of getting a sanitary room.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank arkman3000
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The staff (front desk/bell staff) were so friendly and helpful. They welcomed us warmly, offered us a bottle of water each and granola snacks...all at 12am in the morning! The room was comfortable and clean although we were there just few hours before our flight home. The free shuttle to the airport running every 30 minutes was very convenient (even at 6am) and it is just about 10 minutes from the airport. If you stay in the phoenix area and have an early flight, this is a good choice for that last night.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple