Phoenix Airport Marriott
  • Restaurant
US$233
US$180
  • Restaurant
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$128
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsphoenix airportthe concierge loungefront deskshuttle runslobby baran early flightbusiness hotelmeeting spacenext morningwould stay here againroom servicethe shuttle driverbusiness meetingrestaurant staffsky harborrental carup to date
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Was here only 24 hours. Very comfy hotel. Nice C lounge. Great meeting rooms and staff. So close to airport. Shuttle was a bit slow picking me up - waited 30 mins.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I spent a couple of nights here for work. It is a short shuttle ride from the airport (the shuttle runs every half hour in each direction, 24/7, easy!) but once in the hotel you don't sense the airport as being anywhere near. THe air is clear and there is no airport or highway noise.

Being a Marriott, the beds were super-comfortable, the rooms were clean. The staff was wonderfully helpful. They have a fine restaurant for meals. Between 2 and 5pm, when the restaurant is closed, you can get the same food at the bar. I don't like bars but because this one is in the lobby and bright and cheerful, I felt absolutely fine sitting there alone and chatting with the friendly bartender, Noel. I've seen other reviews that trash the pool area. I'm not sure what people are expecting but I rather liked the pool. I have no complaints about the chairs and loungers by the pool, although they did run out of towel. The gym is small but adequate.

I did not have a car and was happy to discover a small mall area about three blocks away with a supermarket, a large pharmacy, restaurants (fast foodish!), and some limited clothes shopping options.
My room had great bigs windows and plentiful hot water in the tub. I had no problem with the internet, although I think it's time for the Marriott to STOP CHARgiNg for internet service! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Having come from a similar hotel in Oakbrook, IL, perhaps in the lower scale of hotels, I expected more. Plus, the Marriott in Atlanta, which was in the first leg of this trip, was also nicer.

The staff are very nice, always asking about how I like my stay. The hotel is in need of remodeling as the rooms look kind of dated. The bed is comfy, though. The shuttle only takes you to/from the airport. When I stay near the airport, I generally do not have a rental car, so having the shuttle available for nearby trips would be so nice. Also, they charge for the Internet access whereas the Marriott in Atlanta does not, which was overall nicer. My wish would be that hotels charge more and include the access.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

VERY convenient to the airport. Also very convenient to the main highway (202) that provides access to all other highways. Very convenient to Scottsdale (up 44th street) as welll as downtown Phoenix. Pool area needs major attention; pool is very good but deck and other amentities around pool need attention. Did not take shuttle but saw it available at all times from 5:30 am until 10 pm. No safe in room was a bit of an issue but front desk quickly accomodates request for central safe. Breakfast in restaurant was good but standard options. Front desk and restaurant staff attentive and helpful. Parking is convenient and accessible. Internet from room was spotty. Even though this is on the highway we did not hear any noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Ready for a update. front desk staff was excellent and the parking was very good ( you will need a car if your staying more than a day). Rooms are dark and A/C is not adequate ( this for a march stay). I was upgraded to a patio room, however the patio's are very small and no seating. Inside the room except a lysol smell and a 32" tv that cuts out of display. My guess is the rooms are due for an upgrade, green cloth seat for the desk, towels are thread bare. The concierge lounge offers free breakfast however the selection is poor. in three days oj was always empty, meat offering was sliced summer sausage and runny eggs ( guess out of a carton). Pool was a disater and the lobby bar has seating for 7. Overall fine for a one nighter but if you are planning any more time in the area i would suggest another property.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business