“Great airport hotel”

Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Glastonbury,CT
“Great airport hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel using a free night coupon I earned through Marriott rewards. I think a $250 rate would be acceptable for this hotel being close to the airport. I've read a few reviews in which people complained about the price and I would agree over $300 would influence my star rating.
However , for the purpose of our Phoenix/ Sedona trip, this hotel was perfect for a night before an early airport departure to continue our vacation.
It's very well maintained, rooms very spacious and clean and very efficient staff. I planned to return our rental car the night we arrived and shuttle to the airport but with the free parking option, it worked perfectly ( though the rental car center at PHX tis a little far from the airport...give yourself a little extra time).
We drove into Phoenix to grab dinner near the stadium and it was a fairly easy ride in. If I ever fly into the Phoenix area again, I'd definitely use this Marriott!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kktraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
san diego
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed 5 days this week at this property. It was a pleasant stay. Room was always clean Food was good staff was very pleasant. Cudos to the team there, Prior to this stay I had totally lost faith in the Marriott Brand. Because of this hotel I know feel there is hope within the Brand. Ask for even numbered rooms Great View of the Airport on higher floors

Room Tip: Even numbered High floors are great for viewing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jamie G, Public Relations Manager at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts, regarding your stay.
We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience here, as you montioned.
Our higher floors offer a great view of the airport, while the other side offers panoramic views of camelback mountain and the valley.
We look forward to be at your service when your plans call for a visit to the Phoenix area.

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was arriving into PHX a night before my girlfriend so needed a spot near the airport to meet her in the morning. After a long day of travel, I really just needed a place to stay. After a little confusion (likely my fault as my brain was half function by this point in the day)with getting connected with the shuttle from the airport, upon arrival, Lindsey (New to working the front desk) went above and beyond to make sure it was taken care of, offering me access to the club level lounge and taking care of my in-room dining for the evening. Wow, I didn't even ask and this girl was wiling to do anything to make sure that little issue didn't affect my stay. Thanks again Lindsey :)

Room was perfect for a Marriott near the airport, and the rooms had plenty of space with a comfy bed (and i'm picky about the beds).

The lounge was busy as the restaurants and bars looked like a fun spot to grab a drink but I just wanted to get to my room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I'm a government employee, so I got a really good rate here. Room was clean and quiet even though the hotel is near the airport. Staff was attentive and helpful. Being a Marriott Gold member I had access to the concierge level. Concierge lounge was pretty small considering the size of this hotel. However, when my travels take me back to Phoenix I plan to stay here again. Parking is free which is another big plus for this hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 April 2014

As a major road warrior, being loyal to a hotel chain is two way....the Marriott knows business travelers and strives to make sure we are taken care of each stay! This Airport hotel delivers this promise and does so with friendly service, larger guest rooms with productive work desk areas, comfortable pillow top beds, larger bath rooms, etc. The Concierge Lounge open to Elite Guests (Platinum Guest Here ) offers great evening and morning food service/drinks. etc. My two night business stay was productive, and comfortable due in part to this Marriott Hotel. Highly recommend this property to fellow business travelers looking for a solid hotel choice in Phoenix!

Room Tip: Request higher floor Camelback view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Go for the buffet breakfast. Fresh juice, lots of different fruit, yoghurts in the fridge, wide selection of breads and bagels to toast. Cereals, grits all there. Scrambled egg, country potatoes, sausages, bacon.. or have your own omelet freshly made for you; you chose the ingredients.

You can even have breakfast on the quiet patio.

Fully equipped gym and outdoor pool. Very quiet when I was there; a nice place to relax at the end of the day.

Great comfortable twin bed and nice powerful shower with different spray options.

Friendly attentive service at the bar and they will also serve you in the lobby seating area.

The bistro is good if you are not going downtown. Fairly typical AZ fare and you certainly won't go hungry!

Completely hassle free check out and regular included airport shuttle.

The only thing missing is a downtown shuttle but the energetic bell-hops can get you a cab in a few minutes.

Can't fault this hotel and is much better value than downtown.

Room Tip: Stayed on 5th floor. Quiet. Nice view on distant mountains and, of course, the freeway and airport b...
Green Features: Re-use towel procedure which I like. Hang up towels you can re-use.
1 Thank mcanning59
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My room was very nice. Everything worked. I liked the restaurant and bar. Staff are wonderful. I had to go downtown every day to the convention center and the light rail is very convenient. My only issue with an otherwise perfect hotel is that the shuttle to the light rail was unpredictable. I was told it would go to the airport first. So out of interest in time, i took a taxi several times downtown which was $20-22 each way. But when I took the shuttle, it went to the rail first, so this surprised me. When you return you need to call for the shuttle; at night I elected to use the taxi again.