“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #54 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Dallas, Texas
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

10 minutes from the airport. Also great rates during the summer (I think it is almost double for "winter" rates).

Easy free parking. Check-in was quick. Great fitness center. Concierge lounge was nice. Wish it opened earlier for us with early flights?

Easy access from the freeway. Will stay here again (if I get "summer" rates).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott Phoenix Airport. Very friendly and courteous staff. Clean rooms, airport shuttle and good food. We stayed here multiple years for our conference. Staff was very accommodating for all of our members.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Glastonbury,CT
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel using a free night coupon I earned through Marriott rewards. I think a $250 rate would be acceptable for this hotel being close to the airport. I've read a few reviews in which people complained about the price and I would agree over $300 would influence my star rating.
However , for the purpose of our Phoenix/ Sedona trip, this hotel was perfect for a night before an early airport departure to continue our vacation.
It's very well maintained, rooms very spacious and clean and very efficient staff. I planned to return our rental car the night we arrived and shuttle to the airport but with the free parking option, it worked perfectly ( though the rental car center at PHX tis a little far from the airport...give yourself a little extra time).
We drove into Phoenix to grab dinner near the stadium and it was a fairly easy ride in. If I ever fly into the Phoenix area again, I'd definitely use this Marriott!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kktraveler
san diego
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed 5 days this week at this property. It was a pleasant stay. Room was always clean Food was good staff was very pleasant. Cudos to the team there, Prior to this stay I had totally lost faith in the Marriott Brand. Because of this hotel I know feel there is hope within the Brand. Ask for even numbered rooms Great View of the Airport on higher floors

Room Tip: Even numbered High floors are great for viewing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jamie G, Public Relations Manager at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts, regarding your stay.
We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience here, as you montioned.
Our higher floors offer a great view of the airport, while the other side offers panoramic views of camelback mountain and the valley.
We look forward to be at your service when your plans call for a visit to the Phoenix area.

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was arriving into PHX a night before my girlfriend so needed a spot near the airport to meet her in the morning. After a long day of travel, I really just needed a place to stay. After a little confusion (likely my fault as my brain was half function by this point in the day)with getting connected with the shuttle from the airport, upon arrival, Lindsey (New to working the front desk) went above and beyond to make sure it was taken care of, offering me access to the club level lounge and taking care of my in-room dining for the evening. Wow, I didn't even ask and this girl was wiling to do anything to make sure that little issue didn't affect my stay. Thanks again Lindsey :)

Room was perfect for a Marriott near the airport, and the rooms had plenty of space with a comfy bed (and i'm picky about the beds).

The lounge was busy as the restaurants and bars looked like a fun spot to grab a drink but I just wanted to get to my room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I'm a government employee, so I got a really good rate here. Room was clean and quiet even though the hotel is near the airport. Staff was attentive and helpful. Being a Marriott Gold member I had access to the concierge level. Concierge lounge was pretty small considering the size of this hotel. However, when my travels take me back to Phoenix I plan to stay here again. Parking is free which is another big plus for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 April 2014

As a major road warrior, being loyal to a hotel chain is two way....the Marriott knows business travelers and strives to make sure we are taken care of each stay! This Airport hotel delivers this promise and does so with friendly service, larger guest rooms with productive work desk areas, comfortable pillow top beds, larger bath rooms, etc. The Concierge Lounge open to Elite Guests (Platinum Guest Here ) offers great evening and morning food service/drinks. etc. My two night business stay was productive, and comfortable due in part to this Marriott Hotel. Highly recommend this property to fellow business travelers looking for a solid hotel choice in Phoenix!

Room Tip: Request higher floor Camelback view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business