“Excellent!”

Ranked #60 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Spent 2 nights here while in town for meetings-full disclosure, given the caliber of the hotel I had been at the night before, almost anything would be an improvement! Having said that, the hotel really is excellent. Hotel still has eurosquare pillows on the beds-great for reading. Bed is the usual Marriott very comfy. Bathroom is pretty good size but counter space for 'stuff' might be an issue for more than 1 person in the room. Love the fact that I can log-in to the hotel's internet for the entire length of stay once & not have to keep signing in every 24 hours (Hilton, I'm looking at you!). Concierge lounge is a bit on the smallish side but a nice selection of offerings as well as views of the area. Despite what staff @ the front desk said, there is no access to the lounge, whether just for drinks or a place to work, Friday afternoon or Saturdays. Shuttle from the airport is on-demand but going back it only runs at the top & bottom of each hour, so be sure to be in the lobby 5 mins before the scheduled departure or you'll be waiting. Once on the shuttle it's a very quick 3 minute drive to Terminal 4, the first stop at the airport. Didn't get a chance to really explore the area but it didn't appear there was much w/in walking distance though there is a full-service restaurant on-site, as well. Room service the first night was very quick. Would most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank txrus

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed here off and on since the property opened. It's getting a bit dated but is still a good clean room. Spacious, generous towels and THANN amenities. Fast wi-fi. The only issue I had was a 25 minute wait upon arrival for the shuttle (the hotel is only 5 minutes away). Apparently the electric shuttle vehicle broke down so they had to get the regular van to come get me. But the morning shuttle driver was friendly, courteous and left a very positive last impression on the way back to the airport. Friendly staff all around, so I still recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CleopatraBunny
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Really nice and helpful front desk staff. Restaurants within walking distance. My kids enjoyed the pool. The rooms are a bit cramped, but nice with a seating area and sleeping area. Rooms were spotless and updated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The physical facilities at the Marriott Phoenix Airport hotel are in need of a facelift. The decor is tired and the rooms need maintenance. After spending 8 months there, I must say the crown jewel of the property is the friendliness of the staff. They truly went out of their way at every opportunity to serve their guests every day. Housekeeping is good and the rooms are clean. Overall, it is a reliable and consistent hotel stay.

Room Tip: Request a room opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am puzzled by the reviewer of May 25. I had a very agreeable stay here. OK, some of the furniture is not the latest or most stylish, but my room was fine. The main blip was that the reservation was not found in the system. I had made it late the previous evening, after the place where I usually stay in Phoenix had to cancel me due to building problems. I made a legit reservation, which I showed them on my phone, but they did not have it. ( made through Marriott website. ) It was not a problem, but had the hotel been busy, then it would have been.
The front desk staff were most welcoming and friendly, as were all the other employees I encountered. I asked about the swimming pool, but it was closed for maintenance, but not to worry, their shuttle took me over to the nearby Residence Inn for a swim. I had a late dinner in their dining room, shrimp with grits, which was really quite good. I was taken efficiently to the airport early the next morning. So while some updating may be in order, and it is an impressive looking property that looks a little past its prime, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel,

Room Tip: For $99.95 it was a good deal. I understand it is considerably higher at other times.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have been a Marriott honored guest for over several decades now. I have never seen a Marriott property in worse shape than this one. I checked in and checked out. This property needs a complete overhaul and then some. I would recommend the W Aloft down the street. Come on Marriott, step it up!!! Apparently not a corporate location. They should be stripped of their ability to call themselves Marriott! I am very loyal to the Marriott brand, but I must be perfectly honest about this experience!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shaun L
Jamie G, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest

We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will do our all possible to meet and exceed your expactations.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This must have been a top ranking Marriott in the late 80's and in the 90's but now it's showing its age, and I'd bet it's on the short list for a rehab. The rooms and the bathrooms are large, but it's the blonde wooden furniture and older Marriott designs. The bedding seems newer, and the hotel is clean which is great. The shuttle runs every 30 mins to the airport, which is a mere 5 mins away. The staff seems exceptionally friendly and helpful. The pricing seems appropriate for the age and wear of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KFerg

Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your thoughts with us about your stay.
We value your input regarding the need for a update and we are working towards that.
We certainly appreciate the wonderful comments regarding the cleaniness, friendly staff and service. We look foward to be at your service when your plans call for a visit to the Phoenix area.

Sincerely

Phoenix Airport Marriott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Encanto
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)
Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
#14 of 34 in Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#15 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Phoenix Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!