“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sterling International Hotels

Sterling International Hotels
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Sterling International Hotels
Ranked #153 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
San Francisco, California
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

We had mistakenly not booked one night of our week long Spring Training vacation. We were in Tucson heading back to Phoenix and started stopping 50 miles from Phoenix to find a place. There was nothing to be had any where. My husband finally suggested we go to the seediest part of town and find a motel/hotel. This is where we landed. It was pretty awful but under the circumstances we were relieved. The ice machine was broken but under the circumstances I really needed a drink. Drove across the street (never walk here!) and got ice. Took my glassful and the desk clerk graciously accepted the rest of the 10 pound bag. I believe sleeping in the car would have been worse (but not sure) Still we will laugh about it many years from now.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Infrequenttraveler07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

It was really bad .... I found rat excrement in the floor, bed and on the base of the air conditioning, also, many death insects in the bathroom. It should be closed by the health department.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hafniaa

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Oakland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

5-6 roaches in my room. i was moved then saw another i slept that night in a chair. tv got few stations some unclear. i paid for a week stay. manager says main office will decide on refund. now im told even if i didnt stay i cant get my $ back. im going to fight this of course

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank fries007
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

The airport put us up in this dump because of a flight problem!! They even warned us not to go outside by ourselves at night!! Walk in large groups or just stay in! There was no toilet paper, dirty towels, the TV had a cigarette burned all the way threw it (oh yes, and this was a non-smoking room). The smoke detector and air conditioner had been beat to pieces, and it smelled like a toilet with poo in it that had not been flushed in month...Or two. There was a stain (I could swear was blood) on the floor and I refused to sleep under the sheets...We were so disgusted we called a cab so we could sleep on the airport floor. As we waited in the lobby, the grody girl working the front desk asked us if we wanted our free breakfast (not that we would have ever said yes) but there was a nasty black cat in the lobby she said was a stray she let in...It was jumping up on the counters in the kitchen...ggggaaaaagggggg we couldn't get out of that dump fast enough!!!

• Stayed March 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CricketBellaRose
OHIO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

I had to go to Phoenix for a last minute business trip. I was able to get a clean, decent room at a great price last minute. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for my meeting. I would highly recommend this hotel any day of the week. For the money it gets a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2007

First off I went to the place on 12/20/2007. I drove up and it seemed to be a decent place for the price. When I went inside the lady at the front desk was dressed in shabby clothing and was completely rude to me. I ignored the fact that she was rude since I was tired and just needed a room after a long drive from Sacramento. I paid in cash and was given the key to the room. When I went up to the room it was in terrible condition. The door was open and when I had peeked inside I saw the room to be a complete mess. It smelt of urine and the bed looked slept in. I went back down to the office moments after renting the room and explained to the lady that the room was a reck and that I do not feel safe staying there. I simple just wanted my money back so I could go elsewhere to feel safe. She completely refused to speak with me and told me I must leave the office at once or she would call the police for harassment. Shocked and not sure what to do at this point I left. My son and my nephew both tried calling to reason with her and she simple said there is nothing to talk about and hung up.

I called the next day 12/21/2007 to speak to a manager. The person on the phone sounded like the same person from last night. She would not give me her name but stated she is a manager and said that she would not give me the money back nor would she talk to me concerning this matter. After a few minutes trying to talk to her she hung up stating "There is nothing more to discuss".

I do not recommend staying there. I would suggest that your better off sleeping on the streets or in your car then staying at the Sterling International Hotel. Good luck.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Jbunlimited
west coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2007

I am so disappointed with all the hotel rating sites that still list this dump.
It should be closed by the health department.
It is untrue to give it even 1 star.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank markupWestCoast