“Great Stay and Staff”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Our check-in was quick and the room was clean. The front desks staff were nice and helpful. A free, hot breakfast each day was a bonus. Thanks, Presley for help with the waffle iron. The muffins were delicious! My guests and I used a lot of towels and we were never questioned about needing more. Thank you housekeeping. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackson1979

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I having been staying in this hotel for over 9 years and I find that the service is second to none. Every employee I have ever worked with has always treated me with the utmost cursity and have bend over backwards to help me. Its start from the top with Tim(General Manager) and filters down to the rest of his team. In addition to the service, they also have a great breakfast and great rooms. I am a Plantimum member for Marriott and I know I have plenty of places to choose from when I'm in Phoenix; and I choose this Fairfield Inn!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tim O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review! It is been our pleasure serving you over the last nine years and we hope to continue to do so for many more years to come. We look forward to helping you achieve Lifetime Platinum Elite status with Marriott Rewards!

See you next time,

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived and when I entered the room the smell of cigarette smoke knocked me over. I called the front desk immediately and told them of the smell. I asked if they gave me a smoking room in error. I was informed the entire hotel is non-smoking. I requested another room and was told the Hotel was pretty booked & they didn't have another room to offer me. I then had to ask for some sort of air freshener. The front desk person acted a little confused but then asked if it would be ok if the "Shuttle Driver" could bring some up to me. The driver came up right away and handed me a big bottle of room freshener. It didn't work but we were stuck as it was the weekend of the BWW Bowl Game. Our friends stayed in the room next to ours and their room did not smell. Beds are comfortable here, it's in close proximity to ASU & the Airport. They offer a Shuttle to & from the Airport 24 hrs a day. So not a bad place to stay. Just very disappointed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cruzanrumgirl
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear AngieandJoe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay using TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear you experienced an issue with your guest room. I understand your concern regarding room odor, and we go to great lengths to ensure our rooms are neutral in odor without using pungent air fresheners. It appears, however, as though there may have been an undetected residual odor from a previous guest and I sincerely apologize for this issue.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you would be willing to provide regarding your stay, particularly the room in which you stayed, so we can follow up on this issue and ensure it is resolved. Please contact me at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com at your earliest convenience and I will be more than happy to follow up with you regarding this issue.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you at our hotel again soon.

Warm Regards,
Timothy O'Regan

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean, check in smooth, and the staff was courteous & helpful. Breakfast was simple, with kid friendly options. The shuttle service worked perfectly, & runs on the 15 & 45 of the hour. Overall, a great value with the park & fly option.

Stayed: December 2013

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night after arriving to phoenix from Chicago. The hotel is OK but very worn out. We had to be moved to another room after our key wouldn't open the door of our original room. It took 3 times if going back to the lobby before they gave us another room,kind of irritating. The room was OK but everything was old and needed updating. The breakfast wasn't very good and the coffee was swill. I think there has to be a better choice of hotels near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share details about your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced with your room key upon arrival. I understand how frustrating it can be when you have to go back to the front desk due to key difficulties and we strive to keep our hotel locks in working order. I am very sorry your particular lock was experiencing some problems during your stay.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport has recently undergone an extensive $1.3 million renovation. We replaced all of our guest room furniture, bedding, lighting, lobby furniture, breakfast room fixtures, carpet, wall vinyl, doors, bathtubs, and just about anything else we could think of! I am concerned you feel the property looks old and needs updating and would love to speak to you personally about specific examples so we can further evaluate the need to improve our property.

I welcome your comments and invite you to contact me directly at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com to share any additional information. We truly care about what our guests have to say and hope to use your comments to further improve our hotel.

Thanks for your business and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed for only one night. When we arrived the bathroom had hair all over the floor and shower and no toilet paper. We called the front desk, who called housekeeping. Housekeeping arrived and basically I was told that she was blind, she didn't really speak English, so she couldn't see the hair in the bathroom. I can appreciate hiring people with disabilities but to clean a guests room seems like the wrong place for a person with bad vision. I had to call 3 or 4 times to the front desk to get a crib. We accidentally left our child's blanket there, and it has still not been found. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Terri K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of your guest room not being cleaned according to our high standards. While we do pride ourselves in hiring people with disabilities, we also employ a housekeeping supervisor to inspect rooms after they have been cleaned to ensure issues like the one you experienced do not occur. Unfortunately, in this instance it appears as though the inspector did not inspect your room before it was released to the front desk to be assigned to a new guest. Please accept my apologies for our failure to provide a room that's clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards for which Marriott is known.

Please contact me directly at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com regarding your child's blanket. Regretfully this forum does not provide me with enough information to research a missing item, as it does not provide your full name or the dates on which you stayed. At first glance of our lost and found log, I do not see a blanket listed as found, but I would be more than happy to research the item in greater detail once I receive your information.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope to welcome you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Overall, it's a Fairfield near a major airport. The hotel was clean and the staff was attentive. I stayed when it was a windy night in Phoenix so the Direct TV was have considerable difficulty picking up a signal. Breakfast included the typical item including sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, and toast. It is near a major highway, and I heard a good amount of traffic during the middle of the night. Overall, I'd consider staying again, but not for more than a night. There didn't look to be a lot of eating options in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the interstate as possible to reduce the amount of noise.