“wife won't stay again”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport
Ranked #111 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was in Phoenix for business and my wife decided to stay in the room. She later told me there was a horrible odor as if meth was being cooked nearby. She did not like the appearance of some residents staying there as though there for long term. Only restaurant conveniently close to walk to was a Waffle House, tho the service was good and food ok. We'll most likely not stay at this Extended Stay location again as the reason we were here this time was because it was very close to where I had a class for the day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kendrick L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Kendrick – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced an unpleasant odor during your visit with us. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is resolved. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at phx@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again so we can provide you with a better experience.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport

Reviewed 23 January 2014

They do have a roll in shower (I use an electric wheelchair) but it would be hard to be able to control water temp and get wet if you use their built in chair. I brought my own chair but still had problems hanging onto short wand. Good space around bed in room, but no outlet by bed to recharge phone or wheelchair. Bed is slightly higher than chair, but that makes it easier for me to transfer from bed to w/c. Kitchen worked for me, microwave at knee level. I could reach freezer from chair. Quiet location. No shelf next to bathroom sink, so I used space on shower chair. Overall I like this chain for travel. About same price as motel 6 with more features and generally in safer places.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that handicap room had enough space around the bed, as well as the accommodations in the kitchen worked for you. I will have my maintenance look into the length of the shower hose.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel from January 8 to January 13, 2014.

From my check-in with Maria, the staff member whom I dealt with most, to the day I left, my encounter with the staff was just pleasant. They were always friendly, considerate and professional.

The room was exceptionally clean. I was so amazed about the cleanliness of the room that I decided that I will have to find some dirt somewhere. I checked everywhere, under the cooker hob's dials, under the sink, and of course, behind the toilet. Everything was just spotless clean!

My experience exceeded my expectations 10-fold.

2  Thank FCSchwartzPhoto
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

It is so rewarding to read that you had an exceptional stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm thrilled that your stay exceeded your expectations in cleanliness and that our staff was so professional. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Rooms were really dirty! From the cigarette burns in the blankets, hair in the shower, cigarette smoke in the non smoking room, dirty silverware, 40 minutes to check in-not a place I would recommend.
Staff doesn't talk to each other. Made a promise to move my supervisor to a student room and then didn't fulfill the promise. Let's not forget the stains on the sheets and the random hairs on the "clean" towels.

PS. Hope you enjoy the smell of Indian food.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sbenner17
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was unclean upon arrival. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting every room more thoroughly prior to check-in moving forward. As well, I apologize that our staff did not move a member of your group as requested. Please know, I am speaking to them about this issue and will ensure it does not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at phx@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I enjoyed the hospitality of this place especially from the manager Tammy and Taylor who made sure my stay was more than comfortable. Kudos to both of them. I will highly recommend this place to my
associates. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Regina - Thank you for such a positive review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you think highly of our staff, especially Tammy and Taylor. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is a great choice for any purpose of trip. The room was clean, spacious and homey with a kitchenette, bathroom, dining room, recliner, the works. The front desk staff member was kind, courteous and very helpful as well. It is very close to the airport but not so close that you are hearing airplanes all the time. It's in a very safe area as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any purpose as it would suit anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room, especially the kitchen, and our staff's great service. As well, it is great to know that our location was convenient for your needs. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is definitely a place I would recommend for stay. Check in went well, my room was clean and I even recieved a complimentary upgrade to a king sized bed. Once I got to the room I recieved a call from the desk making sure the room was up to standard. I will look for extend your stay from now on when I travel.

Room Tip: When I got to the room there was no remote for the television this was taken care of in a snap by th...
1  Thank JERRY S

Jerry - Thank you for your exceptional review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had a smooth check-in experience and enjoyed the complimentary upgrade our staff provided. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you return in the future!