“Not a fan!”

Ranked #53 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not a fan!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

This was the hotel my office group stayed at prior to flying out of Arizona. The lobby area was nice, but that was the beginning and the ending of the nice. Once I got to my room, I instantly got the impression that this hotel used to be a Motel 6 or Super 8 motel. The bedding was cheap....as in 50 thread count sheet cheap! The bed was horrible overall, the furniture and carpeting was simply pathetic.

I can say that the hotel was involved in some modernization process as their were workers outside my window working on carpeting.

I have stayed in some very nice Courtyard hotels.....but this definitely wasn't one of them!

Room Tip: Book at the Fairfield Inn across the parking lot!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank daf62757
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your note. I am sorry to hear that your visit wasn’t up to standards. We do have a great lobby, but once you walk down the hallway it is a much different story. I am happy to share that you were correct with the activity going on in the parking lot. We are currently undergoing a full guest room renovation and will be done at the end of January. We are putting in new carpet, new Sealy beds (12inch like you would have at home) new beautiful linen, curtains, wallpaper and guest room furniture.
I hope your travels bring you back to Phoenix again so you can experience our new product.
Donalei Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

I've been here well over a week now. A little different than every other Courtyard around. I like this one a lot. The staff here is extremely pleasant and accommodating. Kara, Michelle, Scott and Jake are awesome. Sorry if I left anyone out, great team at this place.

• Stayed December 2012
HI Ron,

Thank you so much for your nice note! I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip and our staff took such good care of you during your visit. I am very excited to share that since you have left we have started our full guest room renovation and should be fully completed by the end of the month. I hope your travels bring you back so you can experience our new Sealy beds and the beautiful new linen.
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Free airport shuttle runs every 30 mins. Was there in 10 mins when we called at 2:30AM. Free secure WiFi in rooms. Many breakfast options (hot or prepacked stuff like muffins, cakes, fruit, yogurt). Pool, hot tub, small exercise room on site. HD TV with 2 HBO channels in rooms. Starting point for Copper Canyon tours (resold by Trafalgar and others).

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank R K
Hello R K
I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip. I hope you enjoyed the trip out to Mexico as well! Such a fun experience. I am very excited to share that since you have left we have started our full guest room renovation and should be fully completed by the end of the month. I hope your travels bring you back so you can experience our new Sealy beds, upgraded guest room furniture and the beautiful new linen.
Mims, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Front desk staff was awesome! David let us know on check in that we could return our rental car the evening before and that the hotel had shuttle service that would take us to the airport the next morning. This was such a convience for us since we had a 6:30am flight. We were able to return the car the evening before our flight, were picked up by the shuttle, returned to the hotel, was able to sleep an extra hour and then shutttled to the airport the next morning. The morning of our departure, the front desk informed us complimentary coffee and newspapers that were available while we waited for the shuttle. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, bed could have been a little less hard, outdoor area was beautiful and airport noise a little irritating but this is the price you pay for being close to the airport!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area have a great view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Hello Patricia!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Courtyard Phoenix Airport. I will be sure to share your comments with David and the rest of the team about your stay.
I am also pleased to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. At the end of this year we will be starting our rooms renovation and we will be adding new Sealy beds to make our rooms even better.
I hope you will come back and visit us to experience our service again and sleep in our new beds!
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Sure it's a Courtyard--and I stay in a LOT of them. The rooms are a bit dated--blue carpet, red couch, pictures of the old rotary phone and fountain pen. Standard fare. The service is great though. Very friendly staff at front desk and bistro--even the maintenance guy was chipper. I forgot to bring my i Phone charger, and asked the very pleasant front desk clerk where a CVS or computer store was. Instead, she pulled one out of a box in the back and handed it to me! I thought that was a great touch. Be glad to stay here next time I'm in town for business.

They do seem to be in the process of updating the hotel. The bistro looks good and so does the pool area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank iburiedpaul
Hello iburiedpaul
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our guest rooms and our staff.
I agree that our rooms are a little out dated especially compared to our Bistro and pool area. However I am very happy to share with you that we will start our rooms renovation between October and November of this year. Our colors will change as well as the furniture.
Thank you for your comments about the staff. We understand that our guests travel for a living, so anything we can do to make it a little easier is something we take a lot of pleasure in.
I hope your travels bring you back to Phoenix in the fall and you will be out guests again to experience our service and our newly renovated guests room.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Checked into this hotel late on a Thursday night after a long flight from New England. The shuttle was extremely fast and responsive. We didn't have to wait longer than 3 minutes.

Once we got to the hotel, check-in was a breeze. The lobby was recently renovated and looked very stylish and modern. The rooms were a different story. They smelled musty and old. They were smaller than what I would expect of a Courtyard. Our room had two double beds. I prefer a firmer mattress so they were very comfortable for me. They felt a little bit like memory foam. I didn't investigate to see if they were or not.

The free shampoo was Paul Mitchell brand which was an unexpected surprise.

In the morning, the shuttle was prompt. Everyone who we encountered was very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vintage1990
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Hello! Thank you so much for your note about our property. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to take care of you during your visit.

I am happy to share with you that our rooms will be renovated this year. We do go out of our way to keep our rooms clean and in good condition. However as you mentioned, they are dated.

We hope that you will visit us again this year to experience our new guest rooms.
Manteca, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Only stay here because it is near the airport especially since the rates are very high for what the hotel has to offer. Small rooms, limited and unattractve dining area and lots of airport noise. Good points are nice outside areas around the pool and fire pits and next door to the Hilton which serves food late into the evening.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank onthegoTwainHarte
Hello,

Thank you for your message about our hotel. I am happy to take back the topics of dinning and our rate strategy and see what changes we can make. It is feedback from our valued customers that makes our hotels better.

We look forward to your next visit so we can exceed your expectations