“Great Customer Service”

Courtyard Phoenix Airport
Ranked #68 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Recently a myself and a group of co-workers were in Phoenix for continuing education, and Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. We experienced many wonderful things on our short trip, however 1 customer service representative made all the difference for our group. David Franco went out of his way to accommodate and make us feel welcome. One of the seminars that we were there to attend was "Ritz Carlton Experience" and I feel that he gave us that type of service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hi Jamie Z!

Thank you so much for your review and telling us about the amazing service that David provided. I'm so happy that you saw David put the "Ritz Carlton Experience" in action during your trip. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We recently stayed here before flying out of Phoenix. The staff was so friendly and the hotel was very nicely decorated. The rooms were very comfortable and convenient. I would highly recommend staying here if you get the chance and wish that I could have stayed longer; the pool area looked awesome too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Hi walkonthebeach5,

Thank you so much for the recommendation. We believe that we're prefect for your short trips needing to be close to the airport or long trips so you can visit downtown Tempe and Phoenix. I hope that you'll get to stay with us longer on your next trip through Phoenix.

Thanks again!

Allen

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here one night just to be close to the airport. The hotel was nice, but there is really nothing else in close by, so you either need a car or you can take the hotel shuttle over to Tempe (which I did) to eat dinner. The hotel is very clean with a nice pool area and gym. My room and bathroom were also very clean. Breakfast came with my rate, but did not start until 7:00 (not sure if this is every day), but you can get items to go. The only complimentary coffee they offer is the one cup package you get in your room. This is the first Courtyard that I stayed at that did not have complimentary coffee in the morning. Only a small thing but it would be nice to offer that to guests. The Fairfield Inn is right across the parking lot. I would probably just stay there next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hi Debbiejo,

Thank you for the review. I'm glad that you found our hotel convenient for your short trip needing to be close to Sky Harbor International Airport. Our Bistro restaurant hours open a little later on the weekends so I'm happy to hear that you were able to get one of our many grab and go items for your breakfast. During the weekdays, we open at 6am and 7am on the weekend. However, you can order Starbucks Coffee and any of the grab and go items 24 hours everyday.

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had forgotten to make a reservation before my business trip. David was able to get me into a room and then drove me and my party to dinner using the shuttle the next night. His attitude and professionalism are hard qualities to find when you travel as much as I do.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Brian M.,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to David at our Front Desk. David is a valuable member of our front desk and really takes pride in making certain our guests are taken care of. I will make certain we regognize David for his service and share your comments with him and the rest of our team.

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Close to the highway 10 exit. We arrived after a long drive and were able to eat and relax at the hotel. The hotel lobby and room were clean and updated. The lobby and bistro were connected spaces. The bistro had individual tv booths and a large big screen viewing area - perfect for Saturday college football. Adult beverages were available and the food selection was ok. The pool area was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Mike D.,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I'm glad that our Bistro enabled you to relax and unwind on the road. Our lobby is perfect to watch the big games. We hope to see you during your next trip to Phoenix.

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great hotel! Super clean! Lobby and pool area very well kept. Easy access to major roads in Phoenix. There are no restaurants or shops with in walking distance. You will probably need a car or utilize the hotel shuttle. Rooms very clean and friendly staff. It was great having Starbucks coffee and snacks in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello Travelingusa13,

Thank you for the review! Our hotel is in the perfect location, being close to the airport and also minutes away to downtown Phoenix and Arizona State University. Thank you for providing the tip in using our hotel shuttle. Our team is happy to take you within a 3 mile radius to shopping and restaurants.

I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We hit seven cities in seven days on our vacation, and we needed to spend the night in Phoenix before going to the airport and going home. We got this hotel on a Saturday night, and it was reasonably priced. When we got there, it was much fancier than we had expected. We thought we would be getting a discount type-thing, but it was posh. This is the type of hotel that would have cost three times as much on the East Coast. The pool was clean, and a very nice size. I cannot say enough about the room. It was immaculate; spacious (and I am a large man); and the staff was the real treat. From the moment we arrived, we were being offered hand-carts, and being asked if we needed anything else. They had free shuttle within three miles of the hotel, and they actually asked if we were sure we didn't want to use it to get something to eat. Since it was the last day of the trip, we left a ton of trash for them, but they were happy to take it. This is a great hotel, especially for what we needed. The breakfast was also great, but we only had ten minutes to eat before leaving to drop off the rental car and get our flight.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello RAB40AZ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate it! I'm happy to hear that our hotel was a highlight during your trip. Our experienced team takes pride in servicing our guests and I'm happy that they made an impression with you.

We hope to see you again soon! Have fun celebrating your World Series win in Boston!