In August 2011 I was in a car accident & had to have my left hand amputated. Almost 2 years later I'm coming to terms with being an amputee and finally looking into getting a prosthetic. Because the length of time it took to recover my family and I moved from the Valley to my boyfriends house in Flagstaff. Since the change to my body & our move I struggled with deep depression. We traveled to Phoenix to my first appointment of getting my prosthetic started. This wasn't an easy thing to come to terms with, so on the day of check-in I was feeling quite down. Well when we arrived to the hotel, we were exhausted, hungry, and emotionally drained. We actually were driving by & drove up to check the price of a room for the night. We wanted somewhere near my appointment site. The front desk clerk was a young gentleman named Ray, he was pleasant as he greeted us. We asked him pricing for 1 room w 1 bed, there were 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 children ages 8 years & 5 months. He promptly looked up pricing which was $79.00 per night, not bad. We noticed the pool near the office & asked if we could get a room on the bottom floor near the floor. He responded no problem, & looked for a room to accommodate us. After checking he informed us there was no rooms that we asked for but he could upgrade us to a king bed w a jacuzzi in the room, on the bottom floor near the pool, for the same price. Wow. We took it. He continued to inform us of all amenities on site, breakfast times, pool hours, parking, check out time, and the 3 mile radius of the free shuttle. Multitasking, he had us sold & checked in under 5 minutes. This might not seem like such a big deal, after all, that's a front desk persons job. But to a person & family that has been through a lot of emotional stress that day, it meant the world. No fuss, he made everything easy & comfortable. To me, a woman who is now insecure with her body, being in public, coping with depression, it meant the world. He never once looked at me the way some people do, he treated me like a normal person, he acknowledged my presence without me speaking, he smiled & made me feel welcomed. We slept like babies that night, we my kids & boyfriend spent hours at the pool, in the morning we enjoyed the delicious breakfast. We have found the only hotel we will be staying at during our visits to the Valley. Thank you Ray & fellow staff. I felt like home away from home, it goes noticed & the little things make a world of difference to some people. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Count on the Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore hotel to offer a comfy, modern base minutes from the entertainment district at Biltmore Fashion Park. Located in the Biltmore Corridor of Phoenix, the hotel is within minutes of exciting shopping, dining and leisure options. A free shuttle service within a three-mile radius and an airport shuttle are available daily. Enjoy being in a hotel near historic Old Town Scottsdale, downtown Scottsdale and Scottsdale Fashion Square. The Phoenix Convention Center and Phoenix International Sky Harbor Airport are just a short drive away.Relax in a warm, inviting guest room with a range of thoughtful amenities. Appreciate the convenience of having amenities that include a microwave and mini-refrigerator. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access, use the handy lap desk, enjoy your favorite music on your room's alarm clock/iPod player and watch movies on the HDTV.Join us each morning for Hampton's free hot breakfast®. If you're in a hurry, simply grab a free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday through Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. If you're visiting for business, our friendly Hampton team members will be delighted to help plan your event in Phoenix in one of three meeting rooms suitable for 8-85 guests. Wind down after a busy day with a rejuvenating workout in the 24-hour fitness center or with a dip in the outdoor pool and whirlpool spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland At Biltmore Phoenix
- Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore Arizona