“It was very welcoming & the staff made it feel like a second home.”

Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 June 2013

In August 2011 I was in a car accident & had to have my left hand amputated. Almost 2 years later I'm coming to terms with being an amputee and finally looking into getting a prosthetic. Because the length of time it took to recover my family and I moved from the Valley to my boyfriends house in Flagstaff. Since the change to my body & our move I struggled with deep depression. We traveled to Phoenix to my first appointment of getting my prosthetic started. This wasn't an easy thing to come to terms with, so on the day of check-in I was feeling quite down. Well when we arrived to the hotel, we were exhausted, hungry, and emotionally drained. We actually were driving by & drove up to check the price of a room for the night. We wanted somewhere near my appointment site. The front desk clerk was a young gentleman named Ray, he was pleasant as he greeted us. We asked him pricing for 1 room w 1 bed, there were 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 children ages 8 years & 5 months. He promptly looked up pricing which was $79.00 per night, not bad. We noticed the pool near the office & asked if we could get a room on the bottom floor near the floor. He responded no problem, & looked for a room to accommodate us. After checking he informed us there was no rooms that we asked for but he could upgrade us to a king bed w a jacuzzi in the room, on the bottom floor near the pool, for the same price. Wow. We took it. He continued to inform us of all amenities on site, breakfast times, pool hours, parking, check out time, and the 3 mile radius of the free shuttle. Multitasking, he had us sold & checked in under 5 minutes. This might not seem like such a big deal, after all, that's a front desk persons job. But to a person & family that has been through a lot of emotional stress that day, it meant the world. No fuss, he made everything easy & comfortable. To me, a woman who is now insecure with her body, being in public, coping with depression, it meant the world. He never once looked at me the way some people do, he treated me like a normal person, he acknowledged my presence without me speaking, he smiled & made me feel welcomed. We slept like babies that night, we my kids & boyfriend spent hours at the pool, in the morning we enjoyed the delicious breakfast. We have found the only hotel we will be staying at during our visits to the Valley. Thank you Ray & fellow staff. I felt like home away from home, it goes noticed & the little things make a world of difference to some people. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

SunnyRJames,
Thank you so very much for your touching review and for taking the time to share your experience with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. It wonderful to know that our staff left such a lasting impression with you and your family through their kindness, excellent service, and warm hospitality. I’m pleased we could add a little comfort during this difficult time so you could enjoy your stay and a good night’s rest. I’ll be certain to award Ray with a special commendation for his outstanding service. He was very overwhelmed to see your appreciation in your comments here. We’re happy to have had you and your family as our guests, and we look forward to being your home away from home during your return visits. Thank you again for writing.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great Hot breakfast each morning, fee parking and free wifi unlike the higher priced hotels. I picked Hampton because of location and was pleasantly surprised. It's also a couple blocks away from a Trader Joe's food store and a Fry's food store (great places) and Half Price Books store. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Terry M,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our hotel. It’s great to hear we exceeded your expectations with the variety of value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We hope you’ll visit us again soon at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed for 10 days recently at the Hampton (room 239) and were so pleased with the overall experience. We were greeted warmly by every staff member we ran in to. We received an excellent rate and would not hesitate to stay again at this great hotel.
Our king room was exactly as shown in the pictures provided. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was so comfortable. The hot breakfast had some variety to it every morning and was kept well stocked. The all day coffee was a nice treat as was the cold water!
Upon arrival there was quite a bit of debris in the pool from the palm trees surrounding it but two days later we noticed that the trees had all been trimmed and the pool cleaned up. The staff responds to the needs of the guests in a timely fashion.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Mi4Sons,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Hampton Inn Phoneix-Biltmore. I’m pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and responsive to guests’ needs, as well as our accommodations clean, comfortable, and spacious during your stay. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel while on a trip to go to a ballgame at Chase Field. The room that we got was probably the best that we have received while staying at various Hamptons Inns. We would definitely come back to this hotel while visiting the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Richard Y,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay here, and loved our rooms so much. That means a lot to my staff as well as myself. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

First off, I was bowled over by the pleasant demeanor of everyone of the staff at the Hampton Inn, starting with its shuttle driver, Art. The small courtesies made the trip enjoyable, ranging from the full-service morning breakfast to the evening beverages in the lobby. The room was comfy and spacious, and provided all the little things I depended on (hair dryer, shampoo, etc.). It was not just comfortable and safe, but welcoming because of everyone's genuine care. Our company arranged for this trip, so I definitely speaking up and requesting the same reservations in the future. Thank you, Hampton Inn team!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Carmen G,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. It’s great to hear that our friendly staff we exceeded your expectations with their excellence in service. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our comfortable accommodations, and all the various amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Loved this Hotel. It was clean the room sized nice and just very comfy. the modern wash basin was fun with water coming from the top!
The pool was a little cool for the end of May, wished it had been heated warmer. The hot tub was OK.
The pool side towels were awesome-biggest I've ever seen at a hotel. The lounge chairs were like a dream-I can't stop thinking how comfy they were, especially because the other hotels had broken and uncomfortable ones to lay on..
We traveled on our motorcycle and had no problems getting around close by for Groceries, Pizza etc.
Have stayed at other Phoenix Hotels-I highly recommend this one and will stay here when in Phoenix again!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor had a view with some greenery outside-was missing that after just seeing de...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Laurie R,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. It’s great to hear you loved our hotel and found our accommodations to be clean, comfortable, and spacious. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your review and high recommendations of our hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a nice, above-average Hampton Inn. Staff was friendly and efficient: from my late-night check-in through check-out three days later. Good sized, clean rooms that appear either new or (at least) recently renovated. Lots of nice little conveniences as well, such as USB charging ports on the bedside table. Breakfast was the usual Hampton stuff, but was fresh and both the serving and dining areas were clean and well-maintained. Sound insulation between rooms seemed quite good, since I never heard either of my neighbors, even though there were people in both rooms. I would recommend asking for a room away from the main street, though, since the window didn't seem to block much noise. Another pleasant surprise was the size of the fitness center and the amount of equipment available. It's nice to see a Hampton with more than just a treadmill and stationary bike! Finally, this hotel is located just down the street from a large shopping mall and business area, so there are plenty of choices when it comes to restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank orltraveler37
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

orltraveler37,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our friendly staff, clean rooms and value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and found our central location well suited for your travel needs. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Kevin Barbour, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Paradise Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Central City
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore? Share your experiences!