“Agressive Time share peddling, great golf course, Very thin walls”
Review of Legacy Golf Resort

Legacy Golf Resort
Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the second stay for us at the Legacy. there are so many goof things about the resort I don't want to take them away so that's where I'll start. the really good things were.

golf course condition
golf course is managed very well
golf course and front desk staff friendliness
pool and amenities
great price.
very comfortable bed
Very nice grounds
great location

Here are the things that I did not like

Concierge could not take a polite reply that I did not want to waste my time attending a high pressure time share selling session. she asked me repeatedly(6-7 times) and even called my room, she did stop after I asked her to stop with the harassment (not very relaxing and made me feel uncomfortable to go to the front desk afterwards)

The studio we had definitely needs updating. the appliances are old and the attention to detail in the trim and paint needs work.

This final thing and the only reason I will not return is THE WALLS ARE SO THIN I COULD HEAR THE PEOPLE SNORING ALL NIGHT LONG IN THE NEXT CONDO. Really sucked!!!

I shared my concern with the hotel staff and they told me that they would have to tear down the walls and rebuild to fix it. There are some very easy and economical ways to fix this. Sound barrier wall insulation. There is no excuse for not addressing this problem with so many comments from guests about the same problem. yeah its going to cost a few bucks to fix it but people would rather pay than to have to wear ear plugs or not sleep because of this.

quite unfortunate because the place is really good if you can put up with the bad parts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene B
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for sharing details from your recent stay, Gene. I was so pleased to learn you thoroughly enjoyed our golf course and pool facilities ... that our associates’ friendly attitudes made you feel welcome!

On the other hand, I want to extend my personal apologies for your feeling harassed by the resort’s Guest Guide/concierge. While many of our owners and guests enjoy receiving these updates, others prefer to be left alone. I wholeheartedly agree; one should only have to say “no” once.
Too, I am genuinely sorry that sound levels from the adjoining unit impacted your ability to enjoy a good night’s rest. We’re excited to witness a structural rooms renovation project beginning next year – sure to alleviate these distractions.

I appreciate your continued patronage – as well as your candid observations – and hope you will allow us the opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs time and again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Definitely a resort property and not a hotel. Lodging is spread out and helps to have car, but not required. My room was one bedroom, 2 person jacuzzi, separate shower and toilet room, small kitchen with stove and full size fridge.
Plenty of room to spread out. No minibar or even bottled waster provided. No room dining service. Golf shop restaurant was good and quick for breakfast. If you intend to use this, try to get a room close by.
Room was clean, plenty of towels, iron and board. Good free internet. Front desk service was timely and welcoming. I did not get a timeshare pitch.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LoveToVacateMichigan
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for sharing this review, LTVM.

While I was pleased to learn our spacious 827 square-foot condo-style accommodation was a great fit for your expectations ... reading your nice words regarding our associates’ welcome was really appreciated!
We strive to go the extra mile every day, and truly appreciate hearing when our associates’ service levels exceed our customers’ expectations.

Please come visit us again!

Best,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My son, husband and I put together a last minute golf trip to Legacy, and it far surpassed our expectations! Because of reading other reviews, we requested a 2nd floor unit (king bed and pull out sofa). We had absolutely no problem with noise, and the unit was clean, comfy and spacious.

This resort has an amazing golf performance center with state of the art technology and immaculate practice facilities, and we took lessons each day in addition to playing 18 holes. We were happy just to be playing golf in February, but we couldn't believe what a beautiful course this was!! It had the right combination of challenging holes and wide fairways, and the the course conditions, especially the greens, were impeccable.

A special note should be made about the great food, service and value in the clubhouse The prime rib special on Friday night was amazing, and we also enjoyed a delicious breakfast (how great that they serve breakfast until noon!) and lunch, too. As another review stated, there aren't restaurants and shopping immediately adjacent to the Resort, but with this kind of food available, you may not want to go somewhere else anyway!!

We look forward to going back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

I’m so pleased to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Legacy, Chris! It’s always appreciated when someone takes time to let us know how we’re doing.

Your nice remarks are being shared with the managers from Golf and Food/Beverage – as well as their associates and the groundskeepers who strive to exceed our visitors’ expectations.

We’re so glad we could be a part of your good times, and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Legacy Golf Resort just one night while in Phoenix on a business trip, and it was lovely. It truly is a "golf resort" and not really a business traveler's hotel, hence the title of my review. My room was huge, very clean, and had an updated bathroom with high-end all-natural soaps and shampoos available. There was a full kitchen and small living area in the unit, but I was only here the one night, and ate both dinner and breakfast at the clubhouse dining room. Dinner was just ok. Breakfast was great and very enjoyable to eat outside on the patio. I would definitely stay here again if ever in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: If you don't want to have to drive to breakfast, ask for a room close to the clubhouse, as this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for your nice review, Karen!

I’m delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your condo – including our new earth-friendly amenities.
Experiencing a great breakfast out on the restaurant’s patio – overlooking our picturesque golf course and mountains can be wonderfully indulgent. We’re so glad you were able to partake!

Should your future schedule – be it business or personal – bring you to Arizona again, we’d love the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a king studio that was gigantic probably 20 x 40 ft. It had a king bed with pull out sofa and mini kitchen facilities. It also had a mini patio/balcony. The pool is quite large with towels provided poolside. Lots of lounge chairs. We ate at the clubhouse restaurant with quite reasonably prices. The grounds are nice with a lovely golf course and pro shop. The only unfortunate aspect is the property is in a light industrial location so there are no shops, restaurants adjacent. You have to use your car and travel several miles before you are out of that industrial park. If you like to stay at the resort or are only there for a few days its great. We do not golf so that also makes a difference. The unit was well furnished and very clean, with comfy bed.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ddn

Thank you, DDN ..... your feedback is wonderfully thorough! Knowing that many travelers consult TripAdvisor before finalizing their plans, I’m most appreciative of your candor.

It was really nice to learn that your studio accommodations were a great fit ... and you found the bed so comfortable!
While our proximity to downtown Phoenix and Sky Harbor International airport makes The Legacy an attractive choice for business travelers .... our on-site recreational activities and enthusiastic associates still reinforce a family-friendly atmosphere.

I really hope you’ll think of us on your next visit to the Valley of the Sun!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great price, great resort. Service was solid, golf course immaculate, pool and hot tub area were nice. Everything was great EXCEPT for the paper-thin, non-sound insulated walls. In our first room we thought the couple next to us were hard of hearing because they had their TV volume so loud. We asked for a room change and got one with no problem. But our second room was the same. We could hear soft conversations fairly clearly. Anything like a cough from the other room sounded like it was right next to us. And that's no fun in the middle of the night!!!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. But that wasn't enough for us.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you, Chuck for providing feedback of your recent stay! I’m so pleased to hear you were able to experience our championship golf course and relax in the hot tub!
On the other hand, I’m genuinely sorry that sound levels from nearby units impacted your ability to enjoy a great night’s rest.

I am excited to share that a structural rooms renovation project is slated to begin in 2015, which should alleviate these inconveniences.

We’d love you to give us another chance to showcase our hospitality promise!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Have stayed here twice now. The grounds are lovely, the pool so-so. More for adults, nothing fun for kids. Rooms are very nice, spread out over acres. Good place to walk a lot. Rooms are spacious with kitchens and pull out sofas. Deck or patio with each room. Walls sire incredibly NOT sound proof. I HATE it when you can hear your neighbor's toilet flushing or have to listen to snoring from the next room all night long. We got a wake up call at 5 AM, we had not ordered it. If you don't answer it rings again until you do. They were sorry. Then no more sleep because someone next door was snoring. Staff was very friendly and helpful to the limit of their authorization to be that way. But there are definitely not enough staff at registration at heavy check in times. Location lacks as well.

Room Tip: Studios are quite roomy and work well for short stays for 2 people or couple with a child. 1 Bedroom...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to share your impressions, Becky.
I'm disappointed to learn of the delay you experienced at check-in, as well as the unwelcomed noise levels coming from an adjoining unit ... yet, I sincerely appreciate your mention of our associates' friendly, "can-do" attitudes!
It's through constructive comments such as yours that we constantly strive to improve both our facilities and services.

Your continued patronage is certainly valued, Becky. I hope these issues will not deter you from choosing The Legacy again someday.