Our stay at the resort was very disappointing. From the time of check in through to our departure we ran into problems. We had booked a ten day stay at the resort and had requested a room on the 2nd floor with a golf course view. Upon checkin we were given a room on the second floor with a golf course view. When we went to the room we found we were given a room that was already occupied. Back to the reception desk where we were assigned another room but, alas, no view but we were told we would be put on a list so when one came available we would be moved....this never happened. As well, our golf coupons were not available when we checked in but we were told they would be delivered to our room in the afternoon. The golf coupons never showed up, we had to go back to reception in the evening and then had to wait 20 minutes for them to prepare them which they did so incorrectly, only one golfer not two, so they had to correct them again. They were apologetic.
Now, about the room, it is very dated but spacious. The room was clean. But, the walls are so thin you hear everything your neighbours say, including their snoring which kept my wife awake on a few occasions. The rooms are to be cleaned every four days, well, day 4 came and by the time we finished our golf round it was 1:30 when we returned to our room we found our room had not been cleaned. I then called to ask why the room had not been cleaned and was told they would do it right away. We went out again and came back around 6 and the room had still not been cleaned. I called again and told them at that point that it should wait till the next morning. They did clean it the next day. On day 8 when it was to be cleaned again I thought I would be proactive and call the reception desk at 7:30 in the morning to ensure that we were on the list for cleaning as I didn't want them to miss us again. I was told it would be taken care of. Well, after golf again, guess what, it had not been cleaned. I then spent another 20 minutes between calls to housekeeping and reception to confirm it would be cleaned in the afternoon. I also asked to speak to a manager who was not available. I did ask for a call back... We got back to the room again at 3:30 and the room had still not been cleaned. I called again and asked to speak to a manager and was told only the supervisor was available. She confirmed that she would speak to housekeeping and the room would be cleaned immediately. The room did get cleaned by 5:00 …. But I never did get a call back from a manager.
The day before we were to check out I called to ask for a late checkout as we golfed until 1:30 and would have liked to freshen up after our round. We were told that they could not confirm whether this was possible until the morning of checkout. I called back on the morning of checkout and was told that a late checkout was not possible. They did agree to hold our bags in their bell room and the reception agent that handled this for us was very helpful.
The golf course itself was in excellent condition and was a challenging track primarily due to the careful placement of sand traps and challenging fairway bunkers.
At end of day, given the issues we encountered and the quality of the accommodations we would not stay at this resort again, however, we would play the golf course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legacy Resort is an oasis of green at the base of Phoenix’s scenic and well known South Mountain. Featuring spacious suites decorated in Spanish mission-style with rich wood cabinetry and earth-toned fabrics and a full kitchen or kitchenette. An on-site 18-hole championship golf course that was named a top 10 Golf Courses to play in Phoenix by Golf Digest. Also a sparkling pool and a deluxe health club, coupled with an endless variety of recreational activities amidst an inviting resort community. Make The Legacy Golf Resort your destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, reunion or golf outing. We are ready to help you create your legacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Legacy Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Golf Hotel Phoenix
- Legacy Resort Phoenix
- Legacy Hotel Phoenix
- Legacy Golf Resort Phoenix, Arizona