Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
Ranked #137 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My husband and I just sold our place in az, and need a place to stay for awhile tell the cold weather changes in the north. We went to several extended stay places in this area. I have to say we were pleased when we decided to stop and check out the metro center extended stay. Staff was friendly, helpful, and the room was very nice better than other extended stays we look at. The Hotel staff also allowed us to look at several choice options before we decided on a room. Oh and the price was excellent as well. I also like that it had a sofa instead of one chair in the room I hate when one of us has to sit on the bed for lack of any place else to sit. When I first read some of the bad reviews my thought was we could not be staying at the same hotel. I can’t speak about the experience other guest have had but I can tell you ours was a very good one, and we will stay again. :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Never seen such a dirty hotel, We had booked 6 days and after 1 hour regret. The place smelled like a cigar,The toilet is clogged with dirt....We were first 3 day in the Extended stay America hotel at the airport on oak street ,and this hotel was very good and clean.it is better if the manager of the hotel once traded with the other hotel to learn how to run a hotel.
I can not understand that the management of both hotels do not take action .....I do not recoment this hotel.

Room Tip: go to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank silletje b
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was the worst hotel stay ever. You officially ruined me and my husbands vacation. The place smelled like a cigar and there was a pair of old broken eyeglasses in the bed. The bed had two poles hanging from it that we kept hitting our feet on. The water went to our anckels in the shower. The dishwasher ran water all over the floor and when I told the desk clerk, she gave me a mop. WTH? We had to keep hearing a knocking sound on the wall all day and all night from the flee dog on the other side scratching.The toilet was black and rusty at the bottom. The water took a long time getting hot. The couch had a stain on one of the cushions. And I had to pay $1 for each pack of coffee. And to top it off, the manger, Who we had to wait til the next day to complain to had a shirt on that looked like it came from the bottom of the drawer. Makes LA Exstended Stay look like Club Med. If anyone asked me about staying there, I'd say "DONT DO IT" Better luck at Motel 6. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not at Metro Extended Stay
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vivawhat
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Manager Kevin Butler and his staff were very attentive to anything we had problems with as in dishwasher, A/C, etc... Management worked a great price for our month stay while we looked for and purchased a home here in the city of Phoenix. Great location to restaurants as in Papadeaux's Cajun Cuisine, & TGI Friday. Rooms are not luxury, but very clean and adequate for a temporary living space while staying for a long period of time. Kitchenettes were very functional, fridge had ice maker, had a dishwasher and a 2 burner stove top.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2010

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 22 December 2008

First of all, the location really lacks any creativity. It's in the middle of a business complex. What is there to do but drive in the nightmare traffic, right next to the hotel. It's dirtiness, smelliness is just the beginning. Apparently previous guests urinated in the heating system so when you needed air...look OUT! Sheets, towels, pillows straight from dollar general so don't look for any comforts here. When I asked why we were given rooms with one bed instead of two, they said very clearly and bluntly... YOU BOOKED WITH PRICELINE, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! so
buyer... BEWARE... run run run from here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank betz88
Reviewed 3 November 2006

The place as expected, king bed with full kitchen, everything is fine, we booked a room for 2 nites thru priceline for $25 per night so no complaining on my part. Room is clean/neat even tho close the I17 but no car noise as we can hear from the room.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank nguyen27
Reviewed 2 November 2006

When I stayed at this hotel six months ago I was absolutely disgusted at how dirty and smelly it was. I am a moderate smoker and so had requested a smoking room, but even as a smoker I was totally TURNED OFF by the reek and stench of the room, it was as if the carpets and drapes had not been cleaned for YEARS! Secondly there was tomato sauce ( I hope ) on the kitchen wall, dirty bathroom with burn marks, dirty outside with filth stuck to the air conditioner and building, just unbelieveably unclean, and I am not a clean freak. Even the front desk person was dressed in a shirt which looked as if it had not been laundered in weeks. Maybe this hotel has pulled it together in the months since my stay, but if not RUN AWAY from this dump.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business