I liked the layout of the room and that was it. The manager and assistant manager were beyond rude to me my entire stay. They seemed to be in perpetual bad moods - maybe it's the heat and the fact that they have to live in Phoenix? Who knows, but I was promised one rate and then told the rate had changed in the middle of my stay. Even though they had my credit card on file, they wouldn't accept cash without a large deposit. I have stayed in multiple ESAs before and I've NEVER had that problem. We're staying in an ESA in Los Angeles now and they happily accept our cash with no problems. I also heard the assistant manager being very rude to someone else on the phone while I was in the lobby, so I know it wasn't just me.
If you're one hour late paying the rate, the shady, cranky manager will be pounding your door down Again, I've never had this experience at any other ESA - when you're staying for a month, they know they are going to get paid. We've staying in so many hotels across the country, and this was the WORST experience we've ever had.
My child's brand-new white socks were BLACK after she walked around on the carpet. I scrubbed and scrubbed the wood flooring throughout our stay but I could never get it clean. It must have had about 20 layers of dirt and filth on it.
I'm not sure if all of the cash/deposit issues were due to the Arizona location, but I couldn't be happier to be back in California where we're treated with respect.
I do have to say that the second-shift desk clerk, Maria, was a total sweetheart. I felt so bad that she had to work with the manager and assistant manager - poor thing!
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless there is a management change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crossland Studios Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway. We are located right off of the Black Canyon Freeway and located within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Our property is 13 miles away from the Phoenix Convention Center and the Arizona State University-Downtown Campus. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America Phoenix
- Extended Stay Phoenix
- Phoenix Extended Stay
- Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway Arizona