“Good place, great price.”

Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
Ranked #140 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 6 December 2013

For the price, location, set up and cleanliness of the room, and all the little extras involved, I thought this was a good place. However, someone before me in the room had a cat because the smell was pretty overwhelming. Had I stayed more than a single night, that would've been an issue.

Still, I'd recommend Extended Stay and will probably be back to this same location. (Though I'll probably ask to inspect the room prior.)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MrMiller23
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our hotel's location. Still, I am sorry that it had a slight odor. In response, our staff is working to eliminate this smell and ensure it is not an issue moving forward.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My fiance and I stayed here mid November, 2013 and got room 216. The room was a nice size, had a stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher and enough dishes for a meal. The bed was comfy and the AC/Heater worked fine. But there were just some negatives that stand out. When we first got to the room we noticed the last person who stayed there left their clothes in the dresser. We alerted the front desk who told us to come get a plastic bag to toss them.

Second issue we had was the tub barely drained. We checked in on a Friday, reported the issue Saturday morning and it was not fixed until Monday...we had to check out Tuesday.

The tub also had signs of rust.

The TV channel selection was also limited to about 10 stations.

The only cooking device given was a small pot, no pan to cook. Tip: Go to Fry's down the street and buy a cheap pan.

Over all the room was clean, but noting special and the down falls are what stood out. We filled out the survey the hotel gave us, and a manager wrote me and gave me a free night for the future...but i don't think I'd want to stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are off the main road, you won't hear the road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there were cleanliness issues and that you had issues with your tub. In response to these issues, we will be inspecting each room prior to guest check-in to ensure cleanliness. Also, I will be working with our Maintenance staff to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner. I am going to review these issue with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This Extended Stay America is conveniently located. We were here a week and enjoyed the comforts of staying at a hotel that was more like home. The beds were very comfortable, the heated pool was great and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our hotel and what we have to offer. I'm glad that to hear that you found our location convenient and your suite to be comfortable. Also, I am pleased that our staff provided you with great guest service.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Sheets we got from the front desk for the sofa bed had hair on them and appeared to not be clean, the sheets on the king bed had big stains on them, the shower curtain had several red stains on the inside of it. The room did not appear to be cleaned properly, the window and the T.V. had smears all over them. The Sofa bed was very lumpy due to the wear of the mattress.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Mark - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that hear about the cleanliness of the room and the linen. We will be inspecting all guest rooms prior to check-in to ensure all linens and the room are to our cleanliness standards.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Room had all typical room amenities of this chain: refrigerator, stove, microwave, flat screen TV, sofa. They gave me fresh towels promptly upon request at the front desk.
My stay would have been good except for the following.
The only source of fresh air was the front door. I can't leave the front door open all night for fresh air. The window did not open, the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not run. There was a smell of smoke in the room, I don't know if that came from a nearby room. After 7 days there, I woke up with a sore throat and a sinus infection/irritation of some kind, and thick stuff in my nose and lungs that lingered for almost a week. The doctor told me the room conditions could have caused that.
Also the room did not have a totally new "feel". The kitchen cabinets appeared to be new additions, but the carpet, bathtub, refrigerator didn't seem to be new. Perhaps the other rooms are better.
There was also a very long hair on the pillow before I layed down on it the first night.
I stayed at other Extended Stays in other states and liked my stays much more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was a hair on your pillow case. I am working with the housekeeping staff to ensure that the lack of cleanliness of the room does not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me a tpmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I blindly chose this hotel, not sure of the area I was staying in and unfamiliar with the chain. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. I was so pleased to see how clean and nice the accommodations were. We were next door to a fine restaurant, so that made the experience even nicer. We were surrounded by great restaurants of varying expense levels and other attractions, overall a nice area. It felt more like an apartment or time share than a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, they seriously care about your experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the street, the freeway is noisy. The kitchen cabinet cupboard stick...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Melody - Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you found the cleanliness and and location of our hotel ideal for your stay. We strive to provide a great experience for each guest and I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I really enjoy my time at this Hotel , For most part it was quiet and I had no problem with the other stays here on either side or upstairs. I swam a lot in the pool and took morning walks on the bike/ walk trails . I like the kitchen . I had a nice flat screen TV . Free internet service and it was pretty good most of the time. I used my computer everyday and thorough out the whole day.. My bed was nice and comfy. I thought the breakfast was good but I wish their had more of a variety of things. But I did like getting my coffee in the morning every day. I just really enjoyed it her and wish I could have stayed longer . It was like living in a studio apt.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and I had no problems and would get a bottom floor again
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were so comfortable here, We strive to make all of our guest feel welcome and want to return.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.