“Staff awesome the rest was disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
Ranked #139 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Glendale, Arizona
“Staff awesome the rest was disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed there the other night in a king size room. The first thing I noticed when climbing the stairs was an overflowing trash can under the stairs. The can stunk horribly and had all sorts of flies and bugs flying all around it. There was also all sorts of watermelon rinds all over the ground around it.

I got to the room and opened the door. As soon as I opened the door a wet, moldy smell overwhelmed my sense of smell. The room was very clean. I turned on my A/C hoping that would remove the smell. I also noticed on a king size bed I got 2 pillows which were not even long enough to cover the top of the bed. I stayed in the room for about 2 hours but the mold smell was giving me a terrible headache and giving me nausea.

I decided to check out and my money for the stay was not refunded. The staff was pleasant and when I checked in the woman told me how long she would be there and offered any information.

The hotel is in a great location and the staff was friendly but the room smelled so bad of mold I couldn't use it, yet I had to pay for it anyway.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is in a good location if traveling to north Phoenix. The weekly rate makes this hotel a very good value.

I chose a two Queen bed room. Clean with good outside access so I could park right in front of my room. I had three bikes, tennis ball machine, shotguns, etc to get in and out of the truck each day so this drive up access was very handy instead of having to access room from an inside hallway.
The hotel is right next to I-17 yet I never noticed any traffic noise.

There are many good places to eat nearby which makes it handy.

Another thing I likes was that they had a security guard patrolling the location during the night. I was able to leave a few items in the back of my truck without being worried of theft.

They provided a continental breakfast each morning consisting of coffee, fruit, muffins and granola bars.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Road trip from Seattle Washington to the Phoenix Arizona area for spring training.

We decided to stay at this hotel because of the rates and the location. It was less than 30 minute drive to each of the ballparks we went to see games at.

Since we stayed seven nights we got the weekly rate. The room was decent, nothing fancy but perfect for the reason we were there. The king size bed was fine, not a pillowtop like mine at home though. After a few nights it did start feeling kind of hard.

Keep in mind that at extended Stay America as they do not come clean your room everyday, they only come do it one time a week. It may be an option for an extra fee, I'm not sure. For towels and toilet paper and things that you run out of you just go to the office bring your soiled towels and they give you fresh ones. There are no pool towels you use the towels from your room.

Each room has a little kitchenette, supplied with plates, bowls, cups, coffee cups, silverware, and even a frying pan. We also noticed that it has a little dishwasher, but we did not use that while we were there. There is a full size refrigerator and a dishwasher as well.

The free wifi was really slow but it was nice that we didn't have to pay for it, there was an upgrade option I think it was $2.99 per day to increase the speed, which we chose not to do.

We swam in the pool a few times, it was decent. We used the laundry facilities once, they were okay. We brought our own laundry soap, but they do have small portions available in vending machines at the office.

The grab and go breakfast is actually pretty lame, but since we stayed at an extended Stay America last year we knew what to expect. There are wrapped muffins, packets of instant oatmeal, breakfast bars, granola bars, itty bitty little apples, oranges, coffee, hot chocolate packets and hot water. I wish there had at least been some fruit juice or milk. For someone who has children there's really nothing for them to drink other than hot chocolate. There are flavored creamers available as well. The breakfast is available from 6:30 a.m. Until 9:30 a.m.. At 9:20 a.m. one morning they had run out of coffee and the gal refused to make more. This was not a problem for me as I had instant coffee and my own creamer in the room but for others this may have been a problem. There is also a mini coffee pot in each room as well, which we did not use.

Overall the staff there was great, very professional and friendly. We had no problems at all with our room or the stay there. We had originally booked for eight nights, but decided to go home after 7. They refunded the last night no problem.

There is a seafood restaurant right next door that got pretty lively with people outside on their patio every evening in too late night when we were there. This did not bother us but it was kind of loud so someone with small children might want to ask for a room further away from that restaurant.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Wellington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Without doubt this place offers the best value for money, service and facilities I have experienced during several years of travelling within North America from the UK.

From the warm, friendly, efficient welcome (KC and her colleagues should win "receptionists of the year" awards) to the time I, sadly, had to leave everything was great.

I had a studio suite, which is an extremely large bedsit, with queen-bed, settee, large-screen tv and work desk. Also a fully equipped bathroom, separate washstand and "wardrobe" area with ironing board and iron. There's a separate kitchen area with cooking hobs, microwave oven, coffee-maker, toaster, a full-size fridge-freezer and a dishwasher. Basic crockery, cutlery and coooking utensils are supplied. However (being single, male, lazy and on holiday, I invested a few dollars in disposable utensils and allowed the local eateries to cook my main meals.
Within the complex, there's also a shared pool and a clean, economical guests' laundry room.

Brilliant, and all for around £233 (US$384) for nine nights!! (This was in mid-March 2014, through Booking.com and full, non-refundable payment had to be made when booking) Expect to pay an additional (refundable) US$100 damages deposit on arrival.

Do not expect daily housekeeping, unless you pay extra, however towels can be exchanged at reception as many times as you like. They also supply extra towels for use at the pool.

The location is great and easy to find - just off I17 (Peoria St exit) - with easy access to into downtown Phoenix. There is also a plethora of bars/grills/restaurants around with the closest (Pappadeux) right next door.
Several large shopping malls are also within a few minutes drive.
Personally I was in the Phoenix area for Spring Training baseball and ice hockey. All of the sports complexes are within 20/30 minutes drive and there is also a horseracing track within 15 minutes.

I have no doubt that, when in this area again (hopefully March 2015) I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I think the location of room depends on type - number of rooms, beds, smoking, pet-friendly, accessi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Mike – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, your fully equipped kitchen, and our pool and laundry facilities. As well, it’s great to hear that our staff provided you with such a warm welcome. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Renton, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our room was clean and the kitchen made it easy to fix our own meals. There was a large fridge, a two burner stove, microwave and dishwasher. The room didn't seem well equipped with dishes (1 fry pan, 2 large plates, 1 small plate, two bowls, 1 cup (no glasses) plus some miscellaneous silverware. There was a coffee maker, but they didn't supply coffee. There was good coffee available in the lobby however - plus muffins, fruit and breakfast bars.

There was a large flat screen tv that swivelled so it could be seen from the kitchen or the sofa or the bed. There weren't a lot of channels the selection was okay - lots of sports. WiFi access was adequate.

Right behind the property is a nice bike path/walking trail along a dry river bed. There is a restaurant next door with a pleasant outside patio/bar. They had live music on Saturday after about 6pm.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the park and have less noise from the freeway. Rooms on the south side w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your TV, our free Wi-Fi and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay in a convenient location. Still, I apologize that you found your kitchen to be ill-equipped. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Kitchen was dirty. The dishwasher looked like it had been used but was not clean, no dishwasher soap or dishwashing liquid and the dishes were filthy. There was also a HUGE hole in the door as if someone had tried to kick it in and the water would not shut off in the bathtub. To top it of - the maids did NOT clean the room and when I called to request service, they said that their housekeeping only cleans the room if you are staying 5+ days. I work in hotels/resorts and this is the most obsurd rule I have ever heard of. You don't even have enough towels/soap/ etc. to get you through the 2 or 3 days that you do stay. You have to physically walk to the lobby with your dirty towels in order to exchange them for clean ones. I will not be booking my parents here again. I was definitely not impressed to say the least.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kari F
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Paige turned an unpleasant situation at another property to an excellent one! This property really has a gem in Paige. I have never had a front desk explain literally all the details; amenities, breakfast, pool, workout area, towel exchange, etc. She was great and should definitely TEACH others how to be a FRONT DESK Attendant!! She provides 5 star service. She should get a bonus for exceptional service all while having a smile on her face.

The manager at that time at the property, Robin, also used her superiority skills to resolve a ugly matter with another property in a very quick timely manner. Great service from this property!

Room was clean and location is great. Next to Pappadeux (SeaFood), Hwy, other restaurants, Mall and shopping center.

Pool is heater and they also provide grab and go breakfast. Good experience and I appreciated it. Thank you, you two! Your great service and SMILE really felt like great guest services.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled that our staff, especially Paige and Robin, provided you with such great service during your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your clean room, our convenient location and our grab-and-go breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.