“Not the greatest hotel but enjoyable!”

Sleep Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #70 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

nice hotel for good price. The only problem I encountered was on website they made pool look much bigger than it is. Great staff very friendly breakfast was decent and room was clean and quiet. I will stay again and will recommened.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This facility was average at best. The staff was not very friendly and could have been more helpful. I was trying to find out my Choice Rewards number and I was refered to the 800 number. While the hotel was clean, it seemed a little run down and drab. The room and bed was comfortable but again, it didn't "sparkle". It was about 13 miles from the Maryvale Ball Park which is the Milwaukee Brewers Cactus League park. A grocery store and restaurants are about a mile away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

What can I say, adequate but small. Sliding back the pocket door gives you access to the bathroom where you will find a stool and shower stall only. The room really didn’t support our luggage fully as we found things to be a bit compact. The continental breakfast was just that, nothing more, nothing less. Evening the parking was limited with only one entrance for access. I believe because it was NASCAR weekend in Phoenix that the price for the room was little high. We seemed to sleep which is the most important reason to be spending the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

The Sleep Inn is what you would (should) expect. It is a room with a couple beds, a desk, tv, wifi, and a bathroom. Nothing extravagant, just a place to lay your weary head. The room was clean and pleasant. The hotel is next to the freeway which is convenient, but noisy. The AC was extremely loud, but at least it was cold. You can hear water when the neighboring rooms are using it.

The rooms do have a safe, which is important to me, although they do charge $1.50 a day for the privilege (worth it). The TV is old, but I don't care.

Overall, it's a clean place to sleep, and that's all I was looking for.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Although the room was decent, the 'free wireless internet' was very, very slow and at time nonexistent. I was troubled by cigarette smoke wafting into my room. After the first night, the manager assured me that it was someone who had checked out, but the smoke came back every night. The breakfast was adequate, but I wish there had been more fruit, and the orange juice was more like water than juice.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The sink was a bit worn, but the shower was new.

The staff was quite friendly, however until they can fix the internet problem and make the entire hotel non-smoking, I probably won't return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We chose this hotel based on the value. We certainly didn't expect luxury, but we hoped at least for cleanliness. In the latter category, it fell far short. The room itself was on the smaller side, but did have a desk and and a metal rod for a "closet." The sink is outside the "bathroom." Behind the pocket door (filthy handle on the inside) was a molded plastic shower (grimy floor) and a toilet. The beds were reasonably comfortable and each had a curiously small set of pillows - square like "European Pillows" but half the size. Breakfast is included, which was average. The pool/hot tub is located outside adjacent to the parking lot and surrounded by a fence.There is a computer available for use, and printing is free. All in all, a great value, but not certain it is worth it for a room where the cleanliness leaves a great deal to desire.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelswell1116
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights 2/13/2013 and 2/14/2013 while visiting our daughter. The room was very reasonably priced so I was a little worried that it might not be nice, but we were pleasantly surprised. Much better than a Motel 6 or most economy motels. The beds were comfortable. The room was quiet. The bathroom was small (shower only), but it worked for us. The breakfast was OK (muffins, yogurt, boiled egg, coffee. waffles if you want to make them). The staff was nice, no problems checking in or out.

We will stay here again next time...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family