“One night in Phoenix”

Sleep Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #70 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 9 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I chose this motel because I have stayedin one before in Idaho and was very happy...however this location ...no so much. After check in I went to my assigned room and noticed something on the walls.....I open the drape and saw splashes of where apparently a food fight had taken place. I tracked down ...a very nice....housekeeper and she cleaned the walls while telling me of a soccer team had stayed and thrashed the rooms they were in...TWO WEEKENDS PRIOR! I informed the front desk...I got...oh ok. OK?
Day two. I was given fresh towells. That's it. Didn't make the bed...didn't take out the trash..didn't vacume. I went to the front desk...he said...while looking at the computer screen...that room is marked clean...REALLY? would you care to see it? He said no...it is marked clean....so no apologies ..no compensation ..nothing.
So if you can't give a care...go ahead and stay....I wont be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I selected this place for one reason; low cost. In fact, I saved over $100 for my two night stay and I'll take that any day over a place with some *sparkle*. This is a well-maintained budget motel that is conveniently located near the I-17 & I-110 freeways. While it is older than some, I did not find it to appear run down at all. The staff was friendly, even at nearly midnight when we checked in. The rooms are exactly what you should expect for the price. Small and basic. The bed was comfortable for me and they even provide more pillows than you need. If you happen to need a late night snack, I found that the chips and soda in their vending machine is much cheaper than getting it at the nearby gas station. There was one thing I had an issue with and it was the air conditioner. Several times overnight, it would turn itself off and I had to get up to turn it back on. It gets stuffy in the room when it's not on. Overall Sleep Inn meet my needs and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Here were the good things: The room was clean and a good size. There was free wifi and breakfast was included. There was an outdoor, heated pool that was in good repair. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Local calls were free, as were the weekday editions of USA today. The rate was under $60.00 per night.
Areas that could be improved: The lobby furniture was a bit worn. My room overlooked the pool, so it was noisy all day long and up to 10pm when it closed. The bed was a little lumpy. The breakfast was so so. Except for the gas station convenience store 1 block away, the closest shopping/food area was 1.25 miles, which is far if you don't have a car. They also don't recycle. I had quite an accumulation of plastic bottles and paper that I felt guilty about throwing away.
If you are on a budget and this location works, I would definitely consider it. I felt safe and did take several walks around the adjacent neighborhood.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor, in the even numbers. If you don't need the safe, request that...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

nice hotel for good price. The only problem I encountered was on website they made pool look much bigger than it is. Great staff very friendly breakfast was decent and room was clean and quiet. I will stay again and will recommened.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This facility was average at best. The staff was not very friendly and could have been more helpful. I was trying to find out my Choice Rewards number and I was refered to the 800 number. While the hotel was clean, it seemed a little run down and drab. The room and bed was comfortable but again, it didn't "sparkle". It was about 13 miles from the Maryvale Ball Park which is the Milwaukee Brewers Cactus League park. A grocery store and restaurants are about a mile away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

What can I say, adequate but small. Sliding back the pocket door gives you access to the bathroom where you will find a stool and shower stall only. The room really didn’t support our luggage fully as we found things to be a bit compact. The continental breakfast was just that, nothing more, nothing less. Evening the parking was limited with only one entrance for access. I believe because it was NASCAR weekend in Phoenix that the price for the room was little high. We seemed to sleep which is the most important reason to be spending the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family