“Beg buggs, dirty rooms and poor management”

Knights Inn Fairground-Phoenix
Ranked #139 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Wow, thought that any hotel in the wyndham group would be clean and safe. I was wrong, this place is a dump. The hotel staff checked me in at midnight to a filthy room. We waited at the night window for 15 min before check in to a room with no phone, un vacuumed carpet, no towels and dirty bed sheets. After one trip to the office for the towels we discovered the sheets were dirty. One in the morning, no room phone to call the office, and the sign at night window says be back in 15 min. Waited an hour and nobody came. 2 in the morning fell asleep, woke up at 7 with a body rash and bug bites. Went to the office at 8 am to let them know of the problems, and check out... Get this they did not care!!! There was no magement until eleven, they dont give refunds and they said that it was my fault for not waiting at one in the morning outside the night window while the staff is some where on property. They did not even want to give me my $20 cash deposit for the bed bug discovery. This is a filthy operation, and the health department needs to know about them. Dont even risk your $50 here, motel 6 is a way cleaner deal.

Room Tip: dont risk your money, bed bug infested...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Fairground-Phoenix

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Called to let them know we were going to arrive late. They saved us a room but the room wasn't fit to be rented. Both A/C's didn't work. The picture on the wall had broken glass in it. The drawer was broken. The floor hadn't been vacuumed. There was a used condom under the bed. A pair of dirty panties in the room. After several calls they finally tried to fix the A/C, but couldn't find the breaker. After going back and forth for a day, they gave us another room. There were no towels in the room, but at least one of the two A/C's worked. We have pictures, but will think about posting them.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Im sure most of you have seen these kinds of places before. They are generally in not so nice areas of the city and cater to the seedier side of society. I was surprised that a nationwide chain like Knights Inn would allow it to happen to one of their places. There was a very visable sex trade going on at the property, with both the girls from the strip club nearby and the drug addicted street prostitues who frequent the area. There was blatant drug dealing going on. I heard one deal go down literally right outside my door. People in and out, doors opening and slamming all night long. In the drawers of the nightstand and under the bed there was drug paraphernalia that had not been cleaned from the day before. The mirror above the sink was gone.There were no towels. This was without a doubt the worst hotel room I have ever had in my life. I was in room 123. After reading some of these reviews, I think they have a nicer wing reserved for customers who make reservations. I did arrive after 1am without a reservatiion.So maybe that is why. To sum it up, if you are familiar with the late night inner city drug and sex scene you know that it is best to avoid those areas whenever possible.There was not a point in the 1 night stay that I was afraid for my safety. That being said, I would not be confortable having my wife/gf here and absolutely not on kids.I saw broken meth and crack pipes and some syringes in the parking lot. Spend the extra 15 or 20 bucks and stay somewhere else. Although I'm sure they do clean it up for major events like the Final Four and Super Bowl.

Room Tip: Dont accept room 123!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank acranger
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I was passing by Phoenix and decided to go to the State Fair near downtown area. This hotel was very close to the state fair and was reasonably priced, so decided to stay here. The room was clean and well kept.
Small issue: I did see a street bum walking on the property and was concerned about theft, upon calling the front desk, he immediately took care of the situation.
The hotel was decent and will stay here again if I come through Phoenix again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Farley-Nicholas
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I have read some other reviews and it may be that current owners are trying to improve the place slowly. The room and sheets seemed to be clean, thank goodness. The mattresses were poor. The truly disappointing issues: my bedspread had holes in it. It should be discarded. The love seat in the room shared by my mother and sister was badly stained and torn in several places. If this piece of furniture were placed on the curb, I don't believe anyone would stop to pick it up. The ceiling shook in my first floor room when the guest above walk around - so much so that I was not able to go to sleep until the other guest finally settled down. The "breakfast" was comprised of so-so coffee, juice, and a 6-pack of stale muffins.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Amjay56
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I had to stay here one night on a four-day business trip, because the Super 8 which was closer to my conference was booked on the Monday I needed.
I just wanted A CHEAP and fairly convenient place to crash after a long meeting. I had some trouble at first, as when I arrived there was a "back in 20 minutes" sign on the door. Not good when it is 4:45 in the afternoon and one is wiped out from a day of traveling and sitting in a meeting! I decided to take a cruise into the neighborhood to look for a bite to eat. Bad neighborhood, quite "ghetto" in feel, and the only place to eat anything was an AM/PM. When I returned, the sign was down, but it took the clerk several minutes to appear, and he then asked me to wait a moment.
When he returned, he seemed a bit slow and confused, but at least was friendly and sociable. I finally got the room secured and off I went. I was very happy it was on the ground floor and reasonably close to my car as the hotel seemed a bit secluded by the freeway, with a spotty neighborhood nearby.
The room was standard, no frills, which was fine. I did have a non-smoking room but you could tell someone had smoked in there. Fairly clean but not spotless. Some noise in the parking lot at times at night, and I wound up having to secure the curtain with a hairclip, as it did not close completely in the middle. The noise I took care of by turning up the TV.
Speaking of TV, they have satellite. When I first turned it on, the Playboy Channel was on. I was afraid of being charged for this later, but so far so good on that.
They do have the internet, and it did work well for me, so no problems there.
Overall, for a one night crash, this is not bad. Do not expect to get any nourishment from the "continental" breakfast, as mentioned by others. This consisted of coffee and a cheese muffin that was stale. I was glad that the conference I attended offered a "real" continental breakfast, for sure!
When I went to check out, there was again a sign on the door "back in 10 minutes" which makes me wonder how often this happens?
I would recommend, as I said, if someone wants a cheap and fairly reasonable place to lay their head, but not for an extended stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2009

I got a line item receipt and there was a charge for a safe. I am concerned that the price on the internet was $151 and the actually price was $208 for four nights. Check the fine print on the internet (additional charges) and check your receipt. At this price there are better hotels nearby. Lots of signs indicating that the clientele at the hotel is not necessarily very nice and that the management is having some problems with them.

Internet (Hughes Direct) was 56K when it was working and there were a couple of nights when I could not get e-mail. Friendly people but the manager argued that there was nothing wrong with the internet but I got the feeling he knows there is a problem but there is no solution available. Internet Cafes are down on 7th Ave if you stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business