“Good Hotel”

Ranked #136 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Port Jefferson, New York
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

I stayed in this property during Martin Luther's King holiday weekend in January. I walked from downtown Phoenix to the hotel. It took me 50 min. The route was safe. However as you approach the motel you get this "weird feeling" that you don't wanna walk much around there because maybe something bad will happen. Again its not unsafe - I walked even at night and nothing happen. It looks like an industrial area. No shops around. A convenience store is a few blocks away ~ 20 min walking. The property itself is excellent. Trust me this Travelodge is good.The building was in good shape and it has a nice swimming pool. While walking in the hotel, in contrast to the surrounding areas, you get a good feeling. Little noisy however. There is train coming by that makes some noise.The hotel clerks were fine also. A Chinese family operates it. I asked them some info about nightlife in Phoenix and they were willing to help me. Rooms were clean. TV was also entertaining: You could watch adult movies for free! Breakfast was average. Typical like any Travelodge. Note however that even though they claim wireless internet, internet WAS NOT available in my room (or any room?). In summary, this place is a good hotel in a not so perfect area. Given the price however I think its a good choice. The only think that I didn't like was that there is nothing around there (at least to the best of my knowledge).

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank grevo77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
explorers09
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

We were on a quick business trip to Phoenix. We had to pay up front upon arrival for the 2 nights we were staying. Only a receipt was given, so no line items to compare. Queen Size bed was more like a Full/Twin. We were in a rush when we checked out, and didn't notice on the printout copy that we were charged daily room safe fees. Upon calling Travelodge, we were told that they have to charge the fee. We did not use the safe, and it was not noted anywhere on our original booking info. They refused to refund the room safe fees. We will not stay at this location again. We did not feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank explorers09
Royal Oak, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

Travelodge North Phoenix (off Black Canyon HWY)...Nasty!
It was a non-smoking room but smelled strongly of stale old cigarettes! The bed
matress was old and sagged in the middle. We could feel the springs. The carpet
was sticky and so had to wear shoes in the room. The top blanket was about 30
years old, tattered and gross...we just stripped it off and threw it on the
floor. We reserved the room due to the lack of them in the city because of the
NCAA games in which ASU was involved. We booked a week and a half prior. I
called the day before arrival to check to see if they had a pressing service or
one that they knew of in the area that had 24 hour service and the man on the
phone was very rude with one word answers. DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank metalartist111

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

los angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2008

I stay at this motel about once a month. This motel is getting better and better everytime I stay. I like this place.

Stayed January 2008