“Just what we needed”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #86 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Right on the highway. Quiet, clean, nice staff, breakfast included. This was just an overnight stop over and it was perfect for that. Definitely priced right with a nice breakfast offering hot items as well as normal continental selections.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 11 December 2010

We stayed here for a week with a good coupon rate. The location worked great for us. We had a room with a king size bed, desk, fridge, microwave and a comfortable chair with a foot rest on the top floor facing North. The room itself was a little on the small side, but comfortable.We could park our car under our window, the lot was well lit. The breakfast had quite a bit of variety and the area was pleasant and clean.
We were told the pool would be heated but it was not. The hot tub was fine.
The staff was helpful and great to talk to. The only negative thing we had to mention was a very inconsiderate janitor.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

When a serendipitious opportunity arose to spend a little time in Phoenix with my fiance', who is stationed out-of-state, after his one-day task assignment at Luke Air Force Base, I scrambled to put together a flight and a last-minute stay. I selected this particular hotel because I trust Marriott properties and the Fairfield Inn Phoenix North seemed conveniently located between the base and the areas of Phoenix we wanted to explore in our 24 hours together.

I arrived earlier than anticipated, but Sue, the assistant GM, welcomed me like family and went to great lengths to ensure that I could check in right away, even though it was before check-in time. I'm sure she and the housekeeping staff had to go to some measure of trouble to do so, but her professionalism and charming personality kept me from feeling like I had inconvenienced anyone.

In reading other reviews, I see that others have commented that the property is not in a very good part of town. I travel extensively and work in the travel industry, and, while it is not in a resort or tourist area, it didn't seem too bad at all. I've definitely stayed in far worse locations, and know that even the nicest of resorts are plagued with vandalism now and then. (A good practice is to never leave valuables in your vehicle, no matter where you are.) The hotel is located within sight of I-17 and Bell Road, and I felt quite safe walking to a nearby Applebee's alone at dusk while waiting for my fiance' to arrive.

Our stay proved to be exceptional, with a clean, quiet room, a complimentary breakfast, friendly, helpful staff and all the amenities one expects with a Marriott property. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travlprincess
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Was shocked at how cheap this hotel was, and the next morning we figured out why. Car windows smashed in, all of our belongings stolen. Do not stay here. Lost hundreds of dollars worth of personal property. Bad area.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dunky31
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We were in town for a wedding and decided to stay at this Fairfield Inn. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and the room was nice and clean. The bed was firm, but comfortable. The breakfast area had plenty of room and the food selection was good. The location of the hotel is good (just off Bell Rd at I-17). I've stayed at this same hotel while in the area on business and had the same experiences.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We stayed here in March 2008 for a business trip. I absolutely loved this hotel! The room was clean and well decorated we even had a few minutes to check out the pool. The breakfast every morning was Wonderful! We started staying in Marriott's after this stay. The only negative we had is when we went to take the rental car back we asked in the morning if they would then pick us up at the airport. They said yes, no problem. Later that evening we went took back the rental car and called the front desk...well the driver had a family death and could not come into work that evening and they didn't call anyone else in. WE had to try to find a cab to get a ride back. It ended up working out fine but you would think the hotel could reimburse use the $15 cab ride and they never did. I understand that is not an every day occurence that is why I still rate the hotel very highly because they really did treat us Great!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank insurance209
Reviewed 2 September 2008

I stayed here for business for 3 days. On the second day I was locked out of my room and the maids threw away all my toiletries. I have no idea why this happened. I complained to the manager but was not refunded any part of my stay. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and was given a free night stay at another Fairfield Property. I tell everyone I know NEVER to stay at this property. The Embassy Suites Phoenix -North one exit down at Greenway Road is terrific and I recommend that property with their generous cooked to order free breakfast instead. Spend a few dollars more there and save yourself the risk of poor service here.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business