“A Good Place”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #85 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here during the spring training season.
All and all, the price was good, the room was clean, and comfortable, The property was well maintained.
The staff was really nice, making our room available a little early...not by our request, but just to be accommodating.
We will definitely stay here again, and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CallerDale

Reviewed 27 February 2012

By far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. This location is a disgrace to the Marriott chain. The hotel itself is very old and dirty. The elevator doesnt look like it has ever been cleaned or vacuumed. The sheets on our bed were dirty when asked for a new set they gave us two flat sheets. Of course the sheets werent changed the following day. Then my husband and I both forgot our phone chargers (iphone & blackberry) and of course they are no where to be found. So not only is this place a dump but things disappear! The customer service was terrible when I called about the chargers. I know typically Marriott properties are a safe bet but stay away from this one! It is terrible!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne C
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed several nights at this Fairfield Inn. The room was so-so on space, but typical for hotels of this type. Rooms were clean and the maid service timely and acceptable. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were way too soft for my taste. The fan of the room A/C unit was quite loud, even on the low setting. The free breakfast was very nice. The folks at the front desk were very hospitable and friendly, both the late night crew and the morning staff. Parking was sufficient and fairly protected. Even though the hotel was full with several college club soccer teams in town for a national tournament, the noise was minimal and not intrusive. The staff did a good job replenishing the breakfast items as the ravenous soccer players consumed the food every morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed in Pheonix for the first time on a 7-day business trip. This hotel is CLEAN and the rooms appear to have been redone within the past 12-18 months. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

Property is right on the light rail and I used it or the hotel's free shuttle to get everywhere I wanted to go.

What make this place is the staff. All shifts and all departments were all smiles all the time. Better service than I've received at twice the price.

I was first given a handicap accessible room with an adjoining door. I went down and explained I just don't like adjoining rooms and the clothing rack was too low for my clothes to hang without touching the floor. No problem; changed rooms with a smile. Ride to the convention center at the last minute? No problem.

The area is NOT dangerous or scary but There is no view to speak of. There is a BurgerKing on one side and an IHOP on the other but there was no cooking smell outside (surprising). The area is clean.

If there is a downside its the excersice room: clean and 2 new treadmills but no elliptical and weight machine offered very limited options (no lat pulls, curls, etc).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RogueWorldTraveler
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Right on the highway. Quiet, clean, nice staff, breakfast included. This was just an overnight stop over and it was perfect for that. Definitely priced right with a nice breakfast offering hot items as well as normal continental selections.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We stayed here for a week with a good coupon rate. The location worked great for us. We had a room with a king size bed, desk, fridge, microwave and a comfortable chair with a foot rest on the top floor facing North. The room itself was a little on the small side, but comfortable.We could park our car under our window, the lot was well lit. The breakfast had quite a bit of variety and the area was pleasant and clean.
We were told the pool would be heated but it was not. The hot tub was fine.
The staff was helpful and great to talk to. The only negative thing we had to mention was a very inconsiderate janitor.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

When a serendipitious opportunity arose to spend a little time in Phoenix with my fiance', who is stationed out-of-state, after his one-day task assignment at Luke Air Force Base, I scrambled to put together a flight and a last-minute stay. I selected this particular hotel because I trust Marriott properties and the Fairfield Inn Phoenix North seemed conveniently located between the base and the areas of Phoenix we wanted to explore in our 24 hours together.

I arrived earlier than anticipated, but Sue, the assistant GM, welcomed me like family and went to great lengths to ensure that I could check in right away, even though it was before check-in time. I'm sure she and the housekeeping staff had to go to some measure of trouble to do so, but her professionalism and charming personality kept me from feeling like I had inconvenienced anyone.

In reading other reviews, I see that others have commented that the property is not in a very good part of town. I travel extensively and work in the travel industry, and, while it is not in a resort or tourist area, it didn't seem too bad at all. I've definitely stayed in far worse locations, and know that even the nicest of resorts are plagued with vandalism now and then. (A good practice is to never leave valuables in your vehicle, no matter where you are.) The hotel is located within sight of I-17 and Bell Road, and I felt quite safe walking to a nearby Applebee's alone at dusk while waiting for my fiance' to arrive.

Our stay proved to be exceptional, with a clean, quiet room, a complimentary breakfast, friendly, helpful staff and all the amenities one expects with a Marriott property. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple