“Excellent - best hotel on a trip”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #86 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This was the best hotel experience on a long road trip. We had a large room that was clean. It had a refrigerator, microwave, and good lighting. The free breakfast was the best for a hotel, with several egg items and toppings for hot cereal. Wow, I wish all hotels were like this one. The office and breakfast staff were friendly and very hospitable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2012

One night stay here....location was a bit hidden and weird but fine. Rooms were simple, need updating but still clean and ok. Nothing reasonably nice or bad I suppose. There was a small spider on our bed. lol.
The buffet for breakfast was quite nice and truly the best part of our stay in comparison to the Holiday Inn we stayed in the next night.
Front desk staff on the night of Sept 28th were not particularly warm and fuzzy, but acceptable during all interactions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip and I had a wonderful stay. When I checked in I was super tired because I had been up early for meetings in Southern Arizona, and had to drive back to Phoenix because I had training the next morning and I was very tired and wanted to get to sleep. WHen I got there Rodney and Jennifer were very friendly and welcoming which was nice to see being that I was so tired. When I asked if there was a room with a king bed available (I originally had 2 doubles), they happily upgraded me. They also gave me a map of Phoenix that had local restaurants and coupons for those restaurants which was nice because I did not know the area. I had a bottle of wine and they offered me a wine opener and glasses. Needless to say, the made a great first impression.

When I got to my room it was BEAUTIFUL! There was nice lit hallway, up to date decorations, flat screen tv, microwave, mini-fidge, and very clean beds and linens. The room was very clean and well-maintained. The beds were very comfortable. They had a timely wake-up call.

The complimentary breakfast had all kinds of food (waffles, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, fruit, jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, assorted juices, and any type of toppings or condiments you would want for the above mentioned foods. The breakfast was totally worth it.

Whenever I came and left the hotel, I was always greeted with a smile and Jennifer and Rodney remembered who I was made me feel very welcome. There were coin operated laundry machines which were convenient because I had some clothes I needed to wash, and I got change at the front desk and they offered me laundry soap.

Lastly, I had to leave on a Friday morning at 4:00am and Thursday night I was told to call down ahead of time on Friday morning, and ask the attendant on duty if I could grab a breakfast sandwich or some fruit before I left. I thought that was very courteous because I was leaving before breakfast was served.

I know this was long but I really wanted to highlight what a wonderful experience I had and I will definitely stay there again when I come back Phoenix, and it is also 2 minutes from my office which is also an added perk. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dsta0125
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I spent two night at the hotel during a business trip. When I made the reservation, I was a little concerned about the low price. One of my colleagues suggested that we'd move to another place, because the place is just too inexpensive to be good.

Well, we had nothing to be concerned about. This Fairfield is a nice, clean, convenient hotel, and I would easily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RBAD2006
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Bathroom: sink outside toilet/tub area, small vanity, poor lightling, thin towels
Bedroom: comfortable bed & pillows, flat screen TV, upholstered chair & ottoman, no full length mirror, had to clip the curtains closed.
Business Issues: No connection issues and sufficient number of outlets, poor desk lighting.
Misc: quiet, contenental breakfast included, No fitness center! (planned in upcoming renovatios) Randy, at the front desk, was alone during my check-in. It was very busy, but he stayed unruffled, pleasant to everyone and professional. There are 3 floors and a laundry.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 09/10 are near the elevator, 111, 113, 115, 117 are near the side door entrance and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DeeDee134
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It is old, and could stand to be upgraded with new carpet and furnishings. Having said that, it was clean, had a great breakfast, free USA Today newspaper, and very friendly staff. They answered our questions about the area, but I don't like the access issues getting into and out of this hotel parking lot. You cannot exit the parking lot and head east on Bell Road, due to traffic, and no traffic lights. You must turn west, do a U Turn, and take risks with the heavy traffic in the area.

The price was affordable, the parking was ample, but make sure you don't park in the spaces marked for the neighboring car rental business. They give you a parking decal to put in your windshield to ensure you won't get towed if you park in the right area. To get to the hotel, you must drive past it on the frontage road, and then turn a hard right to drive around to the front door of the hotel.

The hotel was quiet while we were there, and while airplanes were flying overhead during the day, we didn't hear them at night. The "white noise" created by the air conditioner drowned out any noise we may have heard, and we slept well. I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank emdicker
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here during the spring training season.
All and all, the price was good, the room was clean, and comfortable, The property was well maintained.
The staff was really nice, making our room available a little early...not by our request, but just to be accommodating.
We will definitely stay here again, and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family