“newly remodeled - outstanding staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #99 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Sin City, Nevada
“newly remodeled - outstanding staff”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had stayed here prior to the remodel and ... well, NO.

however, I just stayed here for 5 days due to work and WOW!!

the remodel makes the place 100% better...both in the rooms, and the staff.

they were amazing... very helpful, nice and accomidating.

Room Tip: even though it is very close to I-17, it is actually a quiet hotel. and you would think the room on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bu1larry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Is this really a Motel 6 in disguise? Stayed 5 nights due to their 'no pets' policy since I'm allergic to animal dander. We've stayed with marriott propeties in many cities and this one could use improvement. Feels run down and you have to remind yourself its a marriott. #1: The hallways need vacuumed! Plain and simple. #2: Since the scrambled eggs and sausage served daily are low quality (and obviously both heated from frozen) why, oh why is there not a pot of ready made hot oatmeal?? Yes, I saw the instant packets, but not everyone who opts for something healthier than low rate sausage and eggs wants microwaved, radiated instant oats first thing in the morning. This is a marriott after all. #3: the muffins need refrigerated at some point because the one i tried tasted like spoiled, soured milk. Also very poor quality. #4: why the large, visible globs of lint in the a/c vents in the room? Who wants to turn on the a/c and have that stuff blowing in around the room??? No one. Come on Marriott..I could have sworn I was at a motel 6 a few times. I gave this 2 stars simply because of the easy freeway access to I-17.

• Stayed November 2013
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The room appeared to have been updated and was clean and comfortable. We both noticed blue stains on the bottom of our feet which we attributed to the new carpet in the room, somewhat odd. Although we didn't experience any noise from the freeway or other rooms, the air conditioner was very noisy. Although the bathroom was modern and clean the sink area is way too small. The meager 30 inches around the sink leaves absolutely no elbow room or counter space for toiletries. As a result we had to take turns getting ready in the morning. And although soft ambient lighting might be nice elsewhere it is less than desirable when attempting to get ready for the day. True there's another mirror hanging outside of the bathroom, but it has absolutely no lighting available. The hotel was kind enough to upgrade our room as Marriott rewards member, but I've had much larger bathrooms at other hotel chains. This hotel is a good example of you get what you paid for, a great price, but lacking some comfort conveniences. The lobby area is tiny and with only two "retro" uncomfortable chairs available, impossible to meet anyone there and have a conversation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Draper, UT
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. We were here two nights, and the hotel, in spite of the fact that it is close to I-17, suffered no affect from the sound of the freeway. We slept just great, and the ac was nice and cool. The breakfast was actually pretty good - the fresh fruit was great! We would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Due to the way the hotel is oriented on its lot, any of the rooms that are at the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I took my son to a baseball showcase at the Peoria Sports Complex, and was tired of being gouged by local Peoria hotels ($119 and up per night). I honestly didn't expect much when I booked this hotel for $69 per night, but tried it since it is a Marriot property. It is 8 miles and 15 minutes east of the sports complex. What a pleasant surprise we got. I requested and was given a top floor room which was clean, modern and extremely quiet. When we checked in around 6pm on Friday evening, the manager on duty was a poilte as any I have ever encountered, and appeared genuiniely proud of her hotel! She even called our room 15 minutes later to see if everything was to our satisfaction. Granted, the hotel was not in the greatest area just off the 17 freeway, but it was safe, clean, quite and the staff was excellent. Do yourself a favor and save some money by staying at this property. You are still only minutes from all the amenities of Peoria!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I randomly picked up one of those motel coupon guides you sometimes find at diners etc. and found a great deal for $49. I was somewhat skeptical, having fully experienced cheap rooms before and not enjoying it. Pleasant surprise! Rooms are super cute in a style I like, a retro, kinda funky look with fun colors and cute lamps, etc. had a cool dock for iPod or phone and you can connect and play on the t.v. Also can play it off the clock radio. I just payed $350 a night on the beach and didn't get those things! Also a
Fridge and microwave, two things the radisson didn't have and I payed more money. Not a beautiful location but we wanted to be on north end of town to get out of the city without traffic in the morning. It was a great find for the money.

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have stayed at this location on a couple of occasions. The rooms are clean and updated. The lobby and the adjoining dining area are clean and maintained. The pool looks inviting, though on my trips I avoided the pool. The pool is located outside, and it was 120 degrees, The wireless internet is fast and reliable. The rooms are small. The bathrooms very small. The television options are not the usual Marriott set-up. There are no in room movies to order, so you are relegated to whatever may be on TV. Since is was a 120 outside, I was not in the mood to explore the surrounding area. However there appears to be a dive bar located next door, a Carl's Jr/Green Burrito a bit up the street and a few other dining options located nearby. They do offer a free breakfast.

Check in on each of my visit was always an irritation. I arrived at approximately 12:30 in the afternoon to discover the lobby abandoned. It turns out that all of the employees, and I mean every last one of them were all taking their lunch break at the same time, and were eating in the dining area. The shift manager noticed me and asked if I needed assistance, I stated that I'd like to check-in. I was denied check-in due to the lunch break. I was informed that I would need to wait an hour to check-in. Luckily I had purchased my lunch on my way in, and I just pulled up a seat and ate my lunch. Immediately following lunch, at 1:30, I was promptly checked in. I strongly suggest that the employees abandon their "family style" dining at lunch, and provide coverage of the hotel lobby,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business