“Average - I had higher expectations”

Courtyard Phoenix Camelback
Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was really expecting something a little bit nicer.

Bathroom was really old and worn, as well as the carpet. So it didn't feel nice to take off my socks :(. The location was ok, but overall it was average.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Greetings from the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard,

I wanted to reach you to thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with our property. I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I am also somewhat dissappointed that our recent renovation did not appeal to your liking.

If you would like to speak with me in more details regarding your visit, please feel free to reach me at your convenience.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Mar

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights , found the hotel very conveniently located , however pricey, especially if you include breakfast.
Clear and bright lobby, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Pricey but conveniently located
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on our hotel from your recent visit. I trust that you made it to your next destination with little to no delays.

We are thankful for the kind words you've shared about our hotel product. I can only hope that the services you received and amenities we have to offer outweighs the pricey feel you mentioned. If I can be of services to you upon your next trip to the Greater Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me in advance and I'd be more than happy to assist. We can even look for perhaps a lower priced rate for you.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The setting is lovely. My room was on the second floor facing the pool and had a balcony with a chair and table. From my balcony I had a view of the mountains. Room was very nice, standard for what I expect from Marriott. Housekeeping was especially early (rather than tardy like some hotels) and cheerful. Location is fantastic...I walked to do my shopping and dining. My only complaint had to do not with the hotel, but with the thoughtless guests above me who carried on a boisterous conversation at 2:30 a.m. I finally called the front desk; the staff shut them down within 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains; if that's not available, ask for a pool view; court...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

I hope that all is well with you and yours and that your travels leaving the Phoenix market were uneventful. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our hotel and it's services from your visit with the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott.

I especially want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to share this feedback as I can appreciate our time today and the fact that we do not always have the time to respond to matters as these.

We will be sure to share your experiences with our staff and learn from any opportunities for the future. I am sorry to hear that you were awaken at such an odd hour. I am pleased to see that we were able to resolve it within a relative short matter of time.

If I can be of any future assistance to you with your travels to the Phoenix area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your convenience.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here for a girls weekend in Phoenix. The double suite with the pull out sofa was perfect for the three of us. It was a simply appointed room, very minimalistic, and clean. Two beds in a separate bedroom, small bathroom, living room area, and a tiny balcony.
There was a refrigerator and a microwave in the living area, but no sink, and just two glasses. The room was just near the elevator, but apparently all of the suites were. All rooms overlook the pool as well. It is a nice garden area with a good pool, but it is surrounded by hotel, so all the sound is amplified. And the pool opens at 0600, and plenty of parents let their children run screaming to the pool at 0601. So don't stay here if you are looking for peaceful.
The walls are very thin, and I am pretty sure we heard every noise coming out of our neighbors.
The coffee maker in the room is awful... so they offer free coffee in the lobby, but it is not always full. Since they charge you for Starbucks just across the lobby, I figure they lure you to the lobby with the offer of free coffee, but figure you will drop the two dollars if it is empty and pay. It worked... anything was better than the room coffee.
There is a small yogurt shop in the adjacent shopping center... it was very good!
Parking was easy, but the entire place is behind a shopping center, and off the road... it is just an odd layout with the location, pool, and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank vacationx2

Greetings from Phoenix,

I trust that you had an uneventful trip to your next destination when departing the Phoenix market. I thank you for choosing our hotel for your destination within the Phoenix area.

I'm sorry to hear that you're weekend wasn't as up to the complete satisfaction as you expected. I am very thankful for you sharing your feedback on your experience. I understand how critical our time has become these days and we thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete this feedback on our hotel and it's services as these are truly learning opportunities that we share with our team regardless of level of satisfaction.

I apologize that you were disturbed by the guests using the pool early in the morning. I hope that we were able to respond to this matter in a timely fashion if you shared this with the desk.

If I can be of any assistance to you or if you would like to speak with me in person regarding your visit, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I truly hope that this recent experience does not pursuay you from choosing Marriott in the future for your upcoming travels.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was in Phoenix for a week on business, and I wanted to stay the weekend on my own dime to explore and do some hiking. When work was over I moved to this hotel for the weekend. I'm a loyal Marriott patron collecting my points and occasionally getting those free nights when I travel. For me, this place was a perfect fit. The location was good as it was close to Camelback mountain, which was a great hike.

The hotel itself is perfect. The rooms are nice and clean and well decorated. The pool in the courtyard is well maintained with lots of chairs and a towel service. There are nice cushioned seating areas in and around the pool that are shaded. Those are great places to have a drink, do some reading and stay out of that hot sun.

Just by chance, there is an LA Fitness right next door, and I do mean right next door. I just happen to be a member so this was a fantastic bonus for me.

The only gripe, and it has been repeated before, is that they still do not have wi-fi access in the rooms. Wired access only for your laptop, but that renders my wi-fi only iPad useless. They have wifi in the lobby and common areas. The signal was weak out by the pool and came and went which was annoying. But this is still minor.

There are a ton of restaurants of all classes close by, and you have fast access to the highways to get where you want to go.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view of the courtyard and the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wynchesster
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to reach out to you to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel product and services at the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to accomplish your goals this weekend regarding hiking and other opportunities in the immediate area of our hotel. We thank you for the kind words you've shared about our hotel and it's services. I will be sure to share this with my team.

I can also appreciate your feedback regarding the lack of wireless internet within the guest rooms as today we only provide this feature within the lobby and public space areas. I am, however, happy to share that we understand your feedback and we are actually in the process of adding the feature of wireless internet access throughout our hotel, including the guest rooms. We anticipate this occurring within the next several weeks.

Please feel free to share with me any other feedback you have regarding our property. If I can be of any assistance to you with your upcoming travels to the Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. All the best to you and yours and thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I chose this hotel because of the location, close to Scottsdale and in the Camelback Corridor. For a quoted price of $299 per night my expectations were pretty high. What a letdown. Upon arrival we were directed to a room with one window and no terrace or opening to the outside. It was quite small. When I asked to see something else they did find a room opening to the pool area. This was pretty nice, however, the room was strangely lacking in amenities. No lotion, 2 thin bath towels, and no suitcase stand. As a result we had to work out of the suitcases on the floor. This is not a leisure hotel. Also after we loaded up the car and went back to use the bathroom,, the cleaner was already in there, we were gone no more than 3 minutes and hadn't even checked out! The spartan amenities put it on par with a Super 8. I will never revisit a Courtyard again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hello from the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott.

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our hotel regarding your most recent visit. I understand how important time is to all today and we appreciate your feedback.

I'm dissappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations with your stay. I apologize that you did not experience the value that you were anticipating. I'm happy to see that we were able to move you to a more appealing room with better views. I can only hope that the amenities you were looking for were delivered to your room upon request as we do provide several amenities not located within the room upon request. I can only hope that this trip doesn't influence your future decisions with Courtyard by Marriott. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hotel is a nicely remodeled Courtyard with a strong staff. The lobby is great for getting work done: comfortable booths with individual TVs, separate work stations to print documents, etc. They have Starbuck's coffee, wine/beer and good food in the lobby. I really enjoyed my stay once I got beyond the front door. It is the location that I did not like. This hotel is at the end of an aging strip mall surrounded by office buildings and several blocks away from the mall. There is really nothing in the neighborhood that I felt that I could walk to alone at night. The parking is off to the side of the building with no visibility to the front door. As I generally arrived quite late and departed before dawn, it was always dark outside and the parking situation kind of "creeped me out" as my kids would say. Finally, the price was exceptionally high during the time I was there, likely because of the events in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Hello from the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott.

I want to thank you for the kind words you've shared regarding our hotel and the experience you were able to have while visiting the Phoenix area. I'm happy to share with you that the Town & Country Center is wrapping up it's portion of their renovation that is adjacent to our hotel and we are looking forward to seeing Nordstrom Rack moving in next to us. I can only hope that this upgrade to the center will change the feel of your initial drive in. This will also assist with the feel of an abandoned store within the center.

If I can be of any service to you in the future with your travels coming into the Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me at your convenience and I look forward to seeing you in one of our Marriott products in the future.