“Very pleasent stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Melbourne, Australia
“Very pleasent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at the Camelback for 2 nights while travelling through Pheonix for busniess. The location of the hotel was a bit unexpected but it was a good distance from the airport. The recent rennovation of the property meant the hotel had a modern feel and the room was a good size with new furnishings.

Having a Starbucks on the premises was also very handy for a quick & cheap breakfast. Overall excellent value & a very pleasent stay.

1 Thank Lee_thal77
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Hello and greetings from Phoenix. I wanted to reach you thank you for the kind words you shared regarding your recent visit with our hotel. We're very happy that we were able to take care of your needs while you were in the Phoenix market.

Starting the day off with Starbucks is definitely not a bad idea and I'm happy we were able to provide this for you. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our recent renovation.

If I can be of any future assistance, please do not hesitate to reach me at your convenience.

602-293-2020

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My place of choice in Phoenix and not only because of Marriott points. The rooms are comfortable, with big flat screen tVs and the staff has always been extremely pleasant for the 12 years I have been coming back on business trips. The pool gets good afternoon sun and best of all there is a great LA Fitness Center right next door and plenty of restaurants, shopping and movie theatres within a five minute drive. What more could a business guy want.

Room Tip: second floor at back overlooking the pool area and close to parking.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to reach you thank you for the kind words you shared regarding your recent visit with our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we greatly appreciate your continuous usage of our property.

With an average of 320 days of sun in the Greater Phoenix area, it is very nice to be able to take advantage of amenities such as the pool and I'm happy that you were able to do so. I will surely share your comments with my team and again...greatly appreciate your feedback and your time.

All the best and please enjoy your 4th of July holiday!!!

Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a solid hotel in the Biltmore/Camelback corridor. We selected it because it was perfectly located for a family event we were attending. Even better, we were able to use our Marriott points to secure two rooms for 3 days. The hotel has been updated to the new Courtyard style. The rooms were very clean and up to date. The beds were comfortable and the rooms included HD TVs. (It was also nice and quiet - there is nothing worse than a room where you hear every car door and hallway conversation).

The lobby area is nice with the new bistro set up and snack area. The large HD TV in the lobby area attracted a number of folks for the NBA Finals game last night. They also have a large, touch screen display in the lobby that you can use to access local info, e.g. weather, restaurants, things to do, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside I could cite is that our TV remote batteries were depleted, but the staff quickly addressed this issue.

Room Tip: Get an inside room facing the pool as they are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gad38
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to complete such a review on our hotel and it's services. I will surely share your comments with my team.

I'm pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We are very proud of our new Bistro concept that we've adopted with Courtyard by Marriott and even prouder to know that when the commercials air on national television, we can say that this is truly our hotel. Now you can say that you personally stayed at that particular hotel where that commercial was filmed.

I'm glad to hear that the small issue you experienced with the batteries were taken care of quickly. Thank you again for sharing such feedback on our services. If I can ever be of any assistance to you with your future hotel accommodations within the Phoenix area, please feel free to reach me at your convenience.

Warmest regards,

Saratoga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

This one is tough to find, it's hidden in a shopping center behind a mall and the location is kind of awkward.

This is the second time I've stayed in one of the newly remodeled Courtyards, and I really dig what they've done with the lobby and rooms. Great consistency with the layout, design, etc. The lobby is open and bright and it's a great spot to catch up on work, surf the web, etc. The interactive flat screen TV is cool too. Basic but nice.

The staff was great, the food I had was mediocre.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey/feedback via TripAdvisor on our hotel in regards to your most recent visit to the Phoenix area. I understand how important time is and I as well as my team at the Camelback Courtyard by Marriott truly appreciate your comments.

I apologize that our hotel was somewhat difficult to find for you when you originally arrived. We understand how much of an inconvenience this could be when coming into a different city. I’m happy to inform you that we are actually awaiting new signage to add to our current selections for our hotel that directs you to our main lobby. With the addition to the new Nordstrom Rack building to the Town & Country Center that is located adjacent to our hotel, it has become difficult to see the porte cochere and our main doors.

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the new Refreshing Business model we’ve converted to for Courtyard by Marriott. We are receiving great reviews for it and we are happy that we are able to cater to our travelers needs with the new design.

I would like to also apologize that the food offered in our Bistro did not meet your expectations. If you wish to share with me your exact feedback regarding this, I welcome you to contact me at your convenience. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and service throughout.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to be able to service you in the future on your next trip to the Phoenix area.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott International 602-293-2020
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I spent one night at Courtyard Camelback and while my experience was limited since it was such a short stay, I was impressed by the service and had a very pleasant stay. The neighborhood is non-descript, surrounded by strip malls, chain restaurants and generic office buildings. It's perfect for a business traveler.

I had a standard king room which was obviously recently updated. Very clean and well-appointed. Aside from the bed, there was a love seat with coffee table and a work (desk) area with a flat-screen TV. The bathroom had a separate tub/toilet area from the sink. In the sink area, there was an additional counter with a coffee maker and a small fridge and microwave. Nice touches. Bed, linens and bath products were as expected in a Marriott property. In addition, there was a hair dryer, iron and ironing board.

The interior rooms face a courtyard with the pool area. There is also a hot tub. The exterior rooms face random office buildings and parking lots. The property is set back from the major roads, so my exerior room was quiet even if the view was dull.

There were two stand-outs with the property. First was the small bar/bistro in the lobby. Serves Starbucks-style coffee/drinks/snacks but also offers a small but good light meal menu with things like sandwiches, chicken wings, etc. It is also a full bar. I decided to have a quick bite after a film event in the evening and had a drink and chicken wings which were surprisingly excellent. Based on that nice snack, I decided to have breakfast there the next morning. Again, simple but very good. There is an outdoor seating area which was a very pleasant place to have breakfast.

The second stand-out was the overall customer service. Everyone, from the front desk to the bar/bistro staff, was friendly and helpful.

Complementary newspapers were offered in the lobby. There was WiFi in the lobby, bistro area and the outdoor seating areas. In addition, there were three computers for guest use in the lobby (one was just for printing out airline boarding passes.)

I can't really speak to the "value" since I used Marriott points for my stay but the rewards point category for the property, which usually correlates to its price-point, is a moderate level.

Room Tip: Interior rooms face the pool area and have balconies/patios.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Greetings from Phoenix,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I trust that you made it to your next destination with little to no challenges. Thank you for taking the time to complete such a review on our hotel and it's services. I will surely share your comments with my team.

I'm pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We are proud of our new Bistro concept that we've adopted with Courtyard by Marriott and even prouder to know that when the commercials air on national television, we can say that this is truly our hotel. Now you can say that you personally stayed at that particular hotel where that commercial was filmed.

Warmest regards,

Cuenca, Ecuador
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was really expecting something a little bit nicer.

Bathroom was really old and worn, as well as the carpet. So it didn't feel nice to take off my socks :(. The location was ok, but overall it was average.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Greetings from the Phoenix Camelback Courtyard,

I wanted to reach you to thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with our property. I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I am also somewhat dissappointed that our recent renovation did not appeal to your liking.

If you would like to speak with me in more details regarding your visit, please feel free to reach me at your convenience.

Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Mar
Grenoble, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights , found the hotel very conveniently located , however pricey, especially if you include breakfast.
Clear and bright lobby, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Pricey but conveniently located
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Greetings from Phoenix,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on our hotel from your recent visit. I trust that you made it to your next destination with little to no delays.

We are thankful for the kind words you've shared about our hotel product. I can only hope that the services you received and amenities we have to offer outweighs the pricey feel you mentioned. If I can be of services to you upon your next trip to the Greater Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me in advance and I'd be more than happy to assist. We can even look for perhaps a lower priced rate for you.