“Great room rates and a short drive to Downtown”

Courtyard Phoenix Camelback
Ranked #54 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Most Courtyards are similar--same 3-level exterior, same modern lobby / bistro / market setup and same decor in rooms. They have similar pluses too--free Wi-Fi, free parking, a 24-hr fitness center, and a free business center. This Courtyard is similar to other Courtyards and has all those Courtyard benefits.

There are a few areas where it could have been better though. The room was pretty cool, but I wish the A/C got the room a little cooler given Phoenix's desert heat. Service was friendly but not as friendly as other Courtyards I have been to (customer service is consistently great at Marriott brand hotels).

This Courtyard does feature exceptionally reasonable room rates, but that might be more of a reflection of the area. Lots of Marriott brand properties in the Phoenix area are very reasonably priced. Given that, you may want to stay at a full service hotel or one located in Downtown Phoenix over this perfectly fine hotel.

Pros: Very reasonable weekend room rates, free parking, free business center, free Wi-Fi, comfortable rooms and good lounge areas in both the indoor and outdoor areas, located in a shopping and dining plaza so there are things to do within walking distance

Cons: A no frills hotel, A/C worked okay, but I wish the room was cooler given the Phoenix heat

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
cy_phxcc_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your candid view of our hotel. Our seasonal rates do attract many guests to the area in the off-season. My apology for the A/C not meeting your expectations during the heat of the summer. As you know each unit functions for one room only. It is my hope that you reported that to the team so we could make certain that unit is in tip top condition. Courtyard guests have come to appreciate the standard and consistent look and feel of our hotels. With the new designs throughout the country, there are similarities plus decorative pieces that make each hotel unique. Clearly the intent is to be fresh, modern and to serve our guests. As with everything, it starts with great customer service. While I would like to see that our team was exemplary, I appreciate your feedback so we can address any necessary changes with our delivery. Thanks for being our guest!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I requested an early check-in when booking on-line, and up to this point as a gold elite holder have been accommodated at every Marriott property. Upon arriving, I was told my King room wasn't available and my options were to take a double room or wait 2 and a half hours. I chose to wait, and walked to a restaurant and spent a couple hours there. When my time was up, I arrived back at the hotel and checked in. I went to my room and to my surprise found a guest sleeping in the bed! I went back to the front and explained what happened. The gentleman at the desk was very apologetic and assigned me another room. This room was a downgrade from the previous room (I went from having a balcony overlooking the pool to a corner room with a limited view) At this point, I just wanted a room and wasn’t going back to the lobby to request the same type of room which I originally had.

Housekeeping was above average.... Front desk staff was welcoming each time I entered the property. Breakfast was decent and reasonably priced (With the exception of the overpriced 20oz bottle of Aquafina water that cost $2.75 - guess its supply/demand in Arizona)

Room Tip: Remember that Phoenix is hot.... if heat bothers you, don't get a room on the 4th floor. It took...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Your check in was certainly not what we expect at our Courtyard! I am so very sorry you were inconvenienced . It is our intention to honor every request for an early check-in and we make the best effort to do so. Sadly, some of our guests extend their stays at the last minute which puts us in a difficult situation for the incoming guests. Please accept my apology. On a good note, thanks also for not letting that experience color your entire stay. I am pleased you were happy with the team, the cleanliness and the meals. Please stay with us again when you are in Phoenix and choose Marriott hotels when you travel!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel while doing some college shopping for her- the location of the hotel is great- right next to a Nordstrom Rack! but the staff at this hotel made the experience worth noting! Friendly, warm and welcoming! The amenities in the lobby are incredible!
A Special thanks to Riccardo- he runs a great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
cy_phxcc_gm, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

How pleased we are to note that you found our team friendly, warm and welcoming! They are caring people who enjoy making our guests happy! Good for you to note our great shopping right in the parking lot! Just a note: there is a fabulous Biltmore shopping center 2 blocks away plus some discount shops all within walking distance! Thanks for your great reivew. Please visit again!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a great value hotel in a really great location. It's close to everything. There is not much of a view, because it's in a shopping center, but that's what makes it great. It's great for a stop over or business trip. We stayed for one night before heading up to Sedona for the week. We got some great rest and were able to visit some of the city since we were so centrally located. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. They even let us check in several hours early. The rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. Overall, I would definitely stay here again when traveling to Phoenix.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
cy_phxcc_gm, Management Team at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you sincerely for your review of our Courtyard. Of course we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We are proud of our team and happy you found them friendly and accommodating. Our location does allow our guests to take advantage of this great city. Being in a shopping center and close to the well-known Biltmore Shopping Center is such a plus. We look forward to your return on another visit to Phoenix.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at the Camelback Courtyard while on a business trip. Overall, very few complaints. The hotel is clean and situated near plenty of restaurants. There is a Twin Peaks right next door. The only major complaint is that the fitness room is really small. It barely has enough room for the equipment.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor as your hallway may be used to make it to the fitness room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Courtyard, and were very please by the reception that we received. Our room was large and well designed. This Courtyard is at the east end of a small shopping center. The shopping center had multiple independent non franchised restaurants to choose from, when we did want to eat on property. We were very pleased with the assistance we received from the front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side get the morning sun.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cigarsteve1
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here one night to rest and visit some family on our way up to Sedona. We were greeted as soon as we walked in and we were checked in by friendly staff at the front desk. The hotel has a Bistro which serves decent food if you want to save yourself the drive somewhere. It was quiet and very clean to relax from a long drive coming from California. Our room was spacious and very comfortable to be in. A great hotel to spend a few days, or even one night like we did.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple