“It's good and great location”

Courtyard Phoenix Camelback
Ranked #54 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week - some on her biz account, and some on our personal pay.

It's a great location, the folks who checked us in were great, and it's close to lots of great restaurants, the Botanical Gardens and the D'backs.

It's a little funky to find as others have stated. But you can get pretty much everything you need within a 5 minute walk - nice meals, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Fry's.

Room Tip: I wish I had asked for a better room. The one we had had no lanai and looked over a parking garage.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
cy_phxcc_gm, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We do appreciate your review to let others know how pleased you were with your week-long stay at our hotel! I will pass along your comments on the great experience you had with our front desk team. It appears you were able to take advantage of a few of the many venues in the greater Phoenix Valley of the Sun. Being in the center of the city with easy access to the freeways, guests can take advantage of the entire valley for hiking and recreation, professional sports venues, golf courses and much, much more! Our location is in the middle of a strip mall which provides great restaurants and shopping and has many entrances. Once you find our hotel, parking is easy and you are able to walk to all of the shops and restaurants. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice facility in an excellent location for families. There is a small pool, but it seemed quite nice...too chilly when we were there to try it out. Pool towels seemed in short supply, though.
Nice lobby with attentive bartenders in the evening...morning service staff were a bit abrupt.
Quite a few restaurants nearby for breakfast, however.
Stayed 2 nights before a trip to the Gran Canyon and liked it well enough to return for the last night of our trip.

• Stayed: March 2014
cy_phxcc_gm, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

What a great compliment you paid us! The fact that your first visit was a good one and you returned on your last evening in Phoenix is just what we hope for! Our strip-mall location does offer guests many opportunities for shopping and dining within walking distance! Some of the restaurants are new concepts and quite delicious. Beyond that, we are close to the freeways and travelers are able to connect to anywhere in the valley or state with ease. It sounds like you were able to travel the state and enjoy all the beauty Arizona has to offer. I will pass along your comments on the team! Please visit again!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here for a week whilst visiting relatives in Phoenix. Well appointed rooms, including a small sofa which is always a bonus. My room looked out on to the terrace and pool - never noticed any noise from either area, nor at night (despite the fact that my room - 402 - was right next to the lift.... no noise from that, either, which is impressive!) The staff are extremely welcoming and helpful. No safe in the room itself, but the deposit boxes are right behind the receptionists and they were happy for me to have one for the whole week (when I didn't want to carry my iPad etc around with me). Nothing was too much trouble for them. Good choice of breakfast from the little "Bar" area, from fruit and yoghurt to eggs sunnyside up. Limited food choice available in the evening, but the salads that I had on two nights were very good. There's a little food/drink dispensing area beside reception, too.

All in all, a pleasant place to stay and I would be very happy to return.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the terrace and pool. Noticed that some ground floor/upper floor rooms had...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
cy_phxcc_gm, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your great review! Our team will be pleased that you felt how much they care about each guest! Our intention is to be your local contact to the city and all it has to offer! Of course, our GoBoard has activites, directions and more for easy access to what is happening in Phoenix. We are pleased you found dining in to be delicious as well! Our Bistro has creative breakfast and evening selections that are perfect for the days you do not want to venture out! You can eat and relax in the pool/patio area, in the lobby with comfortable tables and couches or in your guest room. Most guests like the options we offer! Add to that the free WIFI and great team, and you have a perfect stay! Come visit again!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The location of the property is definitely a bit weird as many of the reviewers have pointed out. It is inside a strip mall and getting there the first time is a bit intimidating. However the property is typical of Courtyard. The rooms are nice, bed comfortable. Only complaint was that AC can be a bit loud at times. However that did not stop me from sleeping well.

The plus is the location as well - just couple of blocks away from Biltmore Mall and great dining places nearby. Will stay here again if I am around.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on a future visit! That is the greatest compliment we can receive! We agree on the challenge in finding us the first time as there are many entrances to the mall we are located in! You and other guests enjoy how close we are to the Biltmore Mall and other locations in central Phoenix. Thanks for letting others know you slept well in our comfy beds.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband stays here very often for business and on some occasions I join him with our 8 month old in tow. I really do like this place a lot. The location is great. Kind of in the middle of everything and still close to the airport. But especially for a mom who is left with the majority of the day to fill alone with baby, there are tons of things within walking distance. Whole foods, trader joes, little shops, big shops- depending on how far you want to walk there is a full mall and a movie theatre a small hike up the road. The rooms are always clean, and comfortable. I wish they were a tad bigger now that there are three of us, but we get along fine even with the portacrib set up. Its not super fancy but its more than basic. Love the lobby here and the little cafe. If you are a lover of breakfast make sure you check out snooze next door to the nordstrom rack. Super yummy!

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the courtyard have little patios and are by far my preferred choice. If you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

It is always great to learn that guests find our hotel perfect on all levels! Our location does make it easy to get around the neighborhood with many options for food and entertainment! With easy access to the freeway system, people are able to access all that the greater Phoenix has to offer in the way of major sports venues, the zoo and Botanical Gardens, and numerous museums! Thanks for letting others know of your good experience with your family! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for a week while on business. This Courtyard is pretty much what you would expect from the brand, except that it's in a shopping/strip mall. The area however is pretty nice, so the shopping mall isn't that big of a deal. In terms of eating locations it is great. There are at least five restaurants within walking distance. Staff didn't inform me I received breakfast with my rate, and I specifically had to ask them about it after bringing my confirmation information down to the front desk. Staff seems unaware and unorganized. I asked for a wake up call everyday and it only came two of the four. Would consider staying again, but there are many other good options in this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
cy_phxcc_gm, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I am so pleased you found the location to be filled with both shopping and good restaurants. Guests enjoy the opportunity to be able to walk to so many interesting places. My sincere apologies for our lack of consistency with wake up calls and breakfast information. You give us good information to use with our team to make the necessary improvements! It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the customer service you expect from a Marriott. Thank you for your wake-up call!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

First time in the state of Arizona and I felt like it has been summer during my January stay. Private swimming pool in our own little house.
The spa with the pool which can be mistaken with an non ending one as well design, masseuse with some skills in their fingers........ Wouaw
A buffet as breakfast only description possible : too much choice will kill the "ennui" of all breakfast!
Blueberry pancakes yummy.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Your review will let others know of the great things about our great Courtyard by Marriott in Central Phoenix. The weather this winter has been absolutely gorgeous and we welcomed all of our northern friends from colder climates. We are happy you enjoyed the creative and delicious options for breakfast and dinner along with Starbucks beverages and a full bar. Add to that our free WIFI and great customer service and it makes for a hotel that is worth returning to! We hope to see you on another trip to the southwest!