“the best hotel!”

Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #90 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“the best hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is my 6th stay at here and it continues to have the best service, most comfortable beds and nicest people. New to the staff is McKenzie and he was extremely helpful when we arrived. The hotel had been completely booked the night before and housekeeping was still cleaning the rooms at 5:30 when we got there, and McKenzie personally went from room to room talking housekeeping, to find me a king bed in a room that had already been cleaned and to make sure no one had smoked in the room. This is a non-smoking hotel, but people still smoke in the rooms some tines. I really appreciated the help and concern after a long day's drive. This continues to be my go-to hotel in Phoenix!

Room Tip: There's a big dog park near by and a great stretch of grass just across from the hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Oxford, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Following our flight in from Pennsylvania, my wife and I were cordially greeted by the front desk person. She was very nice and made us feel welcome. Our room was nice and cool as we opened the door, much appreciated since it was 110 degrees outside. The following morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast with enough items to please all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Before I made reservations (I am a choice member), I called to confirm that the room I was booking, was indeed a “nonsmoking room”. I was assured that ALL of the rooms were NS. When I arrived, and opened the door to the room, there was no mistaking a strong smoke odor. I advised the front desk, and a very nice staff person, came to the room and sprayed the AC filter and the drapes. This did no good. They did offer to change my room, but as I am partially disabled, the room offered would not work for me. By the way, many of the rooms had a “no smoking room” sign on them but a few did not (mine included). If they recently changed to “All Nonsmoking” they should remove the drapes and furnishings, from the formally “smoking rooms”.
I stayed 2 knights (Monday and Tuesday). One of the reasons that I stay with this group, is so that I can get a quick breakfast, before leaving for the day. On the first morning, eggs and sausage were stone cold, even though they were in a “warmer”. On the second morning, same was true, plus there was no syrup for the waffles, empty coffee, and no jelly. I advised the front desk. A woman came out and informed me that they “were out of several items”, and besides that, “breakfast would soon be over at 9AM” (it was 8:15AM). I do not understand why someone could not go to a local store (on a Wednesday morning), in the heart of Phoenix, and re-stock.
I also tried the exercise room, and found that it was more like a sauna, as the air conditioning had not been installed correctly (I am an experienced contractor, as well as an owner of a restaurant, in downtown LA).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Dennis S
CSPhxGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Dennis S.,

Flagstaff, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The only + on this place is the beds are comfortable if you like soft beds. The rooms are ok.The bathroom in the room smelled of urine. The indoor pool is not well maintained. It had a stink to it, mold in the cracks of the floor and the light was really dim fluorescent. To check out there was nobody at the desk but just a sign that says to go down the hallway and call. You go down the hallway to call and a kid on the other side of the wall picks up the phone and comes and checks you out. This is what I would call a Motel 6 experience, not a comfort suites experience. Not coming back. It'll cost you $60 or so, and is not worth half that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our room and the pool on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff to ensure we address your concerns.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Phoenix.

Kind Regards,
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed one night on the way to drop high school students off for a summer camp. The rooms were large, very clean, and comfortable. A big bonus is Sweet Tomatoes and two other restaurants are right next to the hotel, so you can walk to lunch/dinner.

The staff was amazingly friendly and even remembered which rooms we were in. One of the kids left his phone charger behind and the staff found me and returned it to me before I checked out-This was amazing service.

We arrived a bit early and my king room was not available, rather than having me wait around (after a 6 hour drive from San Diego) the staff gave me a free upgade to a king suite, which I was very pleased with.

The pool is small, but a perfect temperature (I hate pools that are so cold nobody wants to go in). It is an inside pool, which is great when the outside temp is in the 100's. Also, no need for sunscreen.

Several reviewers complained about the breakfast, so I'll just say what was there and you can decide:
Blueberry light yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal packets, cereal, juice station, coffee/tea, milk 2%, scrambled eggs, sausage, bread, muffins, apples, bananas, and oranges. Also a toaster and make your own waffles, syrup, peanut butter, jelly, butter.

The only downside was that I had a room facing the freeway, so there was some freeway noise. Bring your earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear DebraSanDiego,
Thank you very much for your resent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure that we offer the best service to all of our guests. Our indoor pool is set to 84 degrees which is a very nice feature that our hotel has to offer. We do offer a very nice breakfast buffet that has hot food that alternates on a daily basis. Hope to see you and the students again very soon.
The Old Pueblo, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Phoenix/Metro for three nights. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, however we prefer a firmer mattress. The room sofa was not comfortable, the cushions had little support and sank way down when sat on. The breakfast selection was adequate and kept well stocked. We prepay-ed (requires Choicehotels membership) for three rooms and received a better rate. The negative with the prepay is you loose flexibility, you can not make any changes to the reservation, and there are no refunds if you have to cancel. Overall I rated this hotel a 4 out of 5 because of the prepay-ed lower rate, about $55 per night. Had I paid the full rate about $70 per night I would have rated it 3 out of 5. At either rate I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for two nights with my dog, Annie Oakley. The staff was great, all smiles and ready to help. There is A LOT of good grass around, but no doggie bags so you need to bring your own. There's a really nice doggie park about a 15 minute walk or 2 minute drive. They separate it for big and little dogs, and there is water. But the water is a distance so bring a water dish with you - others do, too and all the dogs share the dishes.

The beds and pillows are to die for!!! The breakfast is good, with hot waffles that you make to order and egg patties and meat patties, and the usual cold stuff and a toaster. But breakfast shuts down at 9:00 am on the weekdays (10:00 am on the weekends).

The front desk will take your mail for pick up by the postman, but there's also a mail box across the parking lot on the college grounds (with a 4:30 pm m-f pick-up)
There's a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant next door and a steak place next to that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
CSPhxGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Phoenix North, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Nikki H.

I am glad to hear that you and Annie Oakley had a great stay with us! Thank you for all the wonderful tips for guests that like to bring their furry family members with them. The dog park is a great place for them to run around and get their exercise. We love having your pets as our guests. Hope to see the two of soon!

Thank you again!