“It was good for a night's stay”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #123 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hesperia, California
“It was good for a night's stay”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had an overall good experience at this hotel. For the price, I think it is a great hotel for an overnight stay on the way through Phoenix. I'm not sure I would recommend as home base for an extended visit, but if I was on a budget, I suppose I wouldn't mind. It isn't fancy, but the beds were comfy and the room was decent. The halls were dirty as mentioned by a previous reviewer, but the rooms were acceptable cleanliness. The neighborhood is light industrial, so not really somewhere you would want to walk around at night, but at the same time not what I would consider a "bad" neighborhood. Just a little desolate at night. I did not feel unsafe at any time. I would stay here again when travelling through Phoenix.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We just wanted to say the staff we encountered from check in to check out was so polite and helpful, We witnessed what sounded like a customer that had one too many somethings and badgering the front desk staff. Management came out and remained calmed, desculated the obviously very loud and rude customer who was cussing and making a scene and then went right on taking care of everyone, If you want a comfortable, well priced, nice staffed place to stay this is it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Michelle S
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at the comfort inn and was very delighted. My check in was very pleasant and the front desk shared all their amenities and also attractions in the city. The breakfast was Amazing and the Host Johnnie was great! I am bringing my family and they will love the comfortable beds and aviance of the Hotel. Thank you Comfort Inn!

Shelly,

Room Tip: ask for a request and it is honored
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank shirley s
Tucson
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I will never reccomend this hotel/motel to anyone!! Ever! Just call here and you can feel the rudeness...They just answer with "Comfort Inn". I can't imagine working in the Hosipitality Industry and being so rude....Ew! Seriously??? Stay far way from here if you like friendly service and a clean room! Atrocious!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank luv2trvls

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Checked in after midnight at this location, did not have an online reservation, but had checked prices an hour before and AAArate online was cheaper than the rate charged directly at hotel. (just 6$ 10% difference so not worth fighting, when I mentioned it at checkout in the morning). In any case, very affordable, lobby was in state of repair (carpet out, no furniture) but mostly presentable. Breakfast area OK, hardboiled eggs, juice, toast, limited cereal, apples, waffles. Bed nice, wall paper aged. bathroom with tiles, clean, although aged. Decent value for money but definitely have to reserve online to get any discount.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We have stayed in this hotel several times, for several days at a time and the stay was always fine. The area isn't the best, but it is convenient! If you get a room facing the freeway its pretty loud and hard to sleep but other than that the stays USE TO be fine.

We checked in around 3 a.m. and that was smooth. Got to the room (not facing the freeway, even better) went to sleep and got up around 8:30 am.( I really wasn't paying attention to much, when we were checking in. 5 hours or so prior). The room was pretty clean but the halls and the elevator area were filthy!

We were sooooo hungry and headed down to breakfast, which we knew wasn't anything too special, but a bagel, cream cheese and a cup of coffee sure sounded good! We got to the breakfast room an hour before they stop serving and there was nothing but cold cereal, oatmeal, waffles and bread and butter??????? No fruit no baby muffins no hard boiled eggs no bagels and no fresh coffee left!!!!

We saw the staff come in and out of the breakfast room a few times and replenish nothing, so I guess that's all you get for breakfast there now? I was disappointed to say the least. We made the waffles eww, took the last of the day old coffee and went back to the room. We took two bites, grabbed our stuff and moved on!

We won't be staying here again any time soon!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank waasseattle8803
So Cal
Reviewed 2 September 2010

A typical Comfort Inn....not fancy, but nice, well maintained rooms. The staff was particularly helpful...above average. Not much within walking distance, but there are good restaurants a short drive away. Access to I-10 is very easy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple