“Clean and comfortable... with minor reservations”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #122 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Van Wert, Ohio
“Clean and comfortable... with minor reservations”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

So, I was all ready to give this facility a three, but my wife kept telling me how clean, comfortable and relaxing it was. So, it's a four. Staff were very courteous and friendly, offering to help at every turn. The room was recently remodeled, I believe. There really aren't any "walking" restaurants nearby and those within a three or four block drive aren't the type of place to draw you off the street at first glance. (That said, however, we did find fantastic, authentic Mexican food at one of those places!) Easy access to/from I-10.

The "minor reservations:" I'm not certain why, but the furniture in the (large) room didn't "fit." It was odd. Not a problem, just odd. The largest piece in the room other than the bed stuck out into a doorway. There was a coffee pot in the room, but no coffee packets. When I asked about getting coffee (it was provided when I pushed for it,) if I understood the clerk correctly, they don't put it in the room because "the guests use it." And, there wasn't a convenient place to plug in the pot. The ice machine on the floor was out of service... something you wouldn't notice if it wasn't for the sum of the "little things." There wasn't a stopper for the sink which met I had to let the water run while shaving......

Very reasonably priced. I'd stay there again. But "quirky."

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was given a business suite upgrade, very nice room, enjoyed my stay all except for one thing, to me, any motel that charges $80 or more for a room should have a decent cable tv channel package. This place does not. But it was still a good clean stay.

Room Tip: Would have been a perfect stay if they would have had a decent tv channel package, really not worth...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shirley, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel multiple nights for a family event. Located in the OLD industrial part of the city. Even though we had no issues definitely not the best area. Wasn't any good restaurants or shopping centers located close by. Booked for the price (since it is snow bird season and a lot of events are going on in the area, there weren't many reasonable offerings) and from looking at past favorable ratings. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food offerings for breakfast were OK but could use some improvement/upgrade. Overall the room was clean and adequately furnished. The foot stool for the chair had some stains that either s/b cleaned or the item replaced. Even though we looked out over the pool with highway 10 across the way the noise from the busy road was minimal. When you sat at the pool it was more noticeable.
We did have a large bug in the bathroom that looked like a roach on steroids, about an 1" and a half long. In hind sight I should have taken a picture of it before I killed it and flushed it down the bowl. Freaked out my wife though. There was also a small bug on the mattress on the last night. No sign of bed bugs! Would I stay at this hotel again? Definitely not. But would at another of this chain in a better area.

Room Tip: If you are on business travel and concerned about price this is a good option. For families I would...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

A reasonably priced hotel with a spacious room and adequate facilities. It is very near the highway and the noise can be disturbing from about 5am. Breakfast was more than adequate. Close enough to go into town for dining. Easy parking and pleasant staff. Gave us a pool view but this was also a highway view!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Montgomery, Illinois
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here in late January for four nights and the Comfort Inn West is a good deal for the price. Good accomodations in Phoenix in the winter can be expensive but this was reasonably priced. We had a large but Spartanly furnished two room suite with refrigerator and microwave, a work desk and chair, two flat screen tvs, an armchair, a small dresser, some end tables and a sleeper couch for extra persons if needed. The room was generally clean, the bed was comfortable and linens were very clean. The general manager, DJ, was friendly and very willing to be helpful. The hotel has an exercise room, swimming pool and hot tub which are nice and serves a free Comfort Inn style breakfast with yogurt, mini-muffins, cereal etc. Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby. The hotel is located right next to I-10 with on ramp access heading west right at the hotel. Downtown Phoenix and Mesa are east of here and access heading east on I-10 is not available at 27th street near the hotel, so you'll have to follow signs or use a GPS to find an east bound access ramp. There are No restaurants nearby. The neighborhood is essentially an industral type park with many large trucks and semi-trailers around. One night only we were awakened several times by the sounds of vehicles being loaded and moved around in the huge truck loading lot across the street. It only happened one night but it could be an issue to light sleepers. We did not notice any highway noise from I-10. One consistant issue we noticed was that the north side entrance door was Very Hard to close and so most of the time it was left open even at night (All Night) which did not make the hotel very secure. Many of the reviews talk about the hotel being recently renovated and while this is true especially regarding the carpeting we noticed that it was really a piecemeal renovation rather than a complete renovation so keep that in mind regarding your expectations. It is still a nice hotel especially considering its price level. When we return to Phoenix we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lectricpaul
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We originally planned to stay just two nights but got stuck in Phoenix due to the Arctic weather in the Midwest and ended up staying four. I can hardly think of a better place to be "stranded." The motel is freshly renovated, very clean, has a great pool and hot tub and a good breakfast (not just the standard mini muffins, cereal, waffles) but yogurt, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs... Hot coffee and tea available 24/7 in the lobby. Best of all, though, is the friendly staff. Everyone went out of his or her way to make us feel welcome and to make our stay a pleasant one. When the washing machine was broken and we stranded midwesterners were completely out of clean clothes, the manager allowed us to use one of the motel's machines.

The only possible downside to the Comfort Inn West is the neighborhood. It's actually fine, despite its slightly scruffy appearance, but there aren't many restaurants and there's nowhere to go for a walk (though I'm told Phoenix isn't a city with lots of pedestrian opportunities). But the motel is very convenient to the interstate, so restaurant options galore can be had by hopping on I-10 and driving ten minutes or so. If I were going back to Phoenix, Comfort Inn West would be my first choice motel. Thanks again to the great staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Vicki P
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The location is prefect and the hotel it self is very clean,comfortable and well laid out, the staff make our stay prefect. Also had a free breack- fast , great way start a day.Do yourself a favor and try it.

Room Tip: prefect location
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family