“A great stay if you are passing through Phoenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #123 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Hesperia, California
“A great stay if you are passing through Phoenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is our second stay at this property. Yes, it is in an industrial area, so not somewhere you really want to walk around at night, but by no means a dangerous or rough area. Just quiet and deserted after business hours. The rooms were just renovated and everything (carpet, bedding) was fresh and new. Very nice - clean and smelled fresh. We checked in pretty late and the manager bent over backwards to ensure we were taken care of - offered us drinks or fruit from breakfast stock, help with luggage, even offered to leave the pool open an additional 1/2 hour if we wanted to use it. The price is great for Phoenix, and other hotels along the interstate with similar prices are generally not in nice areas. If you are headed through and need a night to stay, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlene J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was traveling with kids and truly felt unsafe outside the hotel, approached by multiple homeless folks looking for money. That alone had me thinking about switching locations, but the family convinced me that we would be fine. We were, but if I had to stop through the area again, I would look for a better area of town.

If the area does not concern you, then the room is basic and will work for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate. It is so close, I bet it would keep you up at night on that...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Pipersville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

It was in a very sketchy part of town and when we showed up we were told our reservation "had been cancelled" which was also sketchy because it was booked under a discounted corporate rate. The guy at the front desk was of zero help and basically told us we were out of luck since there was a convention in town and the room had been rebooked by someone else that same day. Wound up having to travel halfway across the city to stay in an even worse part of town. i would avoid this place at all cost. Choice hotel corporate did confirm for us after researching our complaint that the independent hotel operator cancelled our reservation to rebook room at a better rate. They comped us a free room on our next choice hotel stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
West Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We selected this hotel based on fairly high reviews. First it was located in a more industrial area. We had to travel a distance for dinner. We did have a little time to get some sun by the pool which was kept up well and very comfortable. The pool area was very noisy from interstate traffic near the hotel. The noise did not affect our sleep as the room was quite. We did have some white noise from the air conditioner which had to run constantly and did not cool the room down until the sunset. We wanted to check in early but were told to check back in an hour as the rooms were not ready. The lady at the front desk was on the phone when I stopped in to check on the room and then left and did not return until the phone started to ring at the front desk. I waited for about 15 minutes before I was told I would have to return later. When I returned an hour later I had to search the facility to find the front desk staff as she was taking a break in the breakfast room with housekeeping staff. The bed was comfortable and the room had a good surface cleaning but when you sat in the chair in the corner you could see it was filthy in back of the bed. The toilet kept running and we had to open it up and juggle the lever inside to get it to stop. When I went down for breakfast at about 7 am there was only one sausage patty in the hot food. The eggs were all gone. Would not select this property again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mikegal05
Spokane, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Surprisingly nice! Checked in little late, staff was welcoming and very friendly. Room clean and comfortable. Very tall ceilings. Beds comfortable and rooms seem well insulated and very quiet.

Breakfast was a traditional continental breakfast with waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt and cereals etc... Lady running breakfast was very nice and accommodating, she brightened the day!

All around very nice accommodations. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Van Wert, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

So, I was all ready to give this facility a three, but my wife kept telling me how clean, comfortable and relaxing it was. So, it's a four. Staff were very courteous and friendly, offering to help at every turn. The room was recently remodeled, I believe. There really aren't any "walking" restaurants nearby and those within a three or four block drive aren't the type of place to draw you off the street at first glance. (That said, however, we did find fantastic, authentic Mexican food at one of those places!) Easy access to/from I-10.

The "minor reservations:" I'm not certain why, but the furniture in the (large) room didn't "fit." It was odd. Not a problem, just odd. The largest piece in the room other than the bed stuck out into a doorway. There was a coffee pot in the room, but no coffee packets. When I asked about getting coffee (it was provided when I pushed for it,) if I understood the clerk correctly, they don't put it in the room because "the guests use it." And, there wasn't a convenient place to plug in the pot. The ice machine on the floor was out of service... something you wouldn't notice if it wasn't for the sum of the "little things." There wasn't a stopper for the sink which met I had to let the water run while shaving......

Very reasonably priced. I'd stay there again. But "quirky."

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was given a business suite upgrade, very nice room, enjoyed my stay all except for one thing, to me, any motel that charges $80 or more for a room should have a decent cable tv channel package. This place does not. But it was still a good clean stay.

Room Tip: Would have been a perfect stay if they would have had a decent tv channel package, really not worth...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business