“Nice stay, brekfast great, staff super friendly”

Hyatt Place Phoenix - North
Ranked #49 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice stay, brekfast great, staff super friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Our stay was great; from the wonderful breakfast with eggs and bacon to the super-friendly and helpful staff. Room was with a King and a hide-away couch. Room was very clean and very spacious. Price was super reasonable at $100/night with taxes... this hotel was on-par with many I've stayed at for $130/night! Staff was VERY helpful, and it was evident they enjoyed their jobs. They went out of their way to help, and did it with a smile. DEFINITELY would stay here again... also, practically next door to my favorite all-time seafood restaurant, Pappadeaux's!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Meridian, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Had a full prepaid reservation for two rooms.
They bumped us because they OVERBOOKED. Why did they give me a reservation!
They paid for a nearby hotel for us to stay in but neglected to insure king beds were available at that hotel and breakfast was included. Service was horrible in explaining the overbooking. It was a cheeper hotel and they were pocketing the change. I made them return my money and went to the Residence inn-Tempe
NEVER NEVER NEVER staying at a Hyatt !!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank iScienceGuy
Nicholas R, Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to apologize with your experience with our property. It is unfortunate that oversell situations do occur with a disposable product like hotel rooms and airline seat. They are a situation that we do try to handle with the utmost care and respect. We also do our best to put our displaced guests into close compariable hotels so as to make the transistion easier. We do recommend that in the future you book directly through the Hyatt.com website instead of a discounted 3rd-party site. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Cade A.
Assistant GM
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our first stay at a Hyatt Place...decent comfortable room, bathroom a bit small, carpet rather grubby. Air conditioning was very noisy, but not enough of a bother to switch rooms for a short stay.Staff in reception very friendly and helpful, offering assistance when needed and multi-tasking while making coffee and drinks in their attached coffee bar.

Breakfast was standard heavy carb fare, not particularly fresh.

The hotel was located for our needs and relatively quiet.

Not impressed with the very narrow and limited parking spaces and dirty stained upholstery on the chairs in the lobby/breakfast area. This was really off-putting, we didn't even want to sit on them.

This hotel seems to concentrate on providing young, perky service at reception, yet they've completely overlooked some pretty basic cleaning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Beech Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

After having several flight delays getting into Phoenix, we arrived late in the evening (11-ish) to check in only to find the hotel overbooked. The front desk staff was very apologetic and gave us a letter from the gm and directions to their sister hotel where we would spend the first 2 days of our four day trip. No problem really, we roll with the punches and headed up the street to the other hotel. I found it nice that the gm had attached the note explaining the situation and the other hotel was very accommodating upon our arrival.

We returned two days later to check in and were met by Cade (said letter writer) and again he personally apologized and made sure we were settled into our room comfortably.

Our room was spacious and in excellent condition. The friendliness of the hotel staff is first rate and they were able to answer any questions and offered suggestions if needed. Very professional! (My daughter who is taking culinary classes and has toured our local college hotel restaurant management facilities commented on how well the staff performed their duties and said you could tell they were well trained)

I would highly recommend the Hyatt Place and again commend the staff and management on jobs well done!

SW Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We like staying at Hyatt Place Hotels while on business trips because we like the spacious layout of the room. One recommendation I would offer... update the rooms with USB ports. During our recent stay the hotel was quite full. The breakfast staff could not keep up at all. Coffee pots empty several times. The front desk staff was very helpful trying to pitch in during the breakfast rush.

El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is the first time that trip advisor has steered me wrong..

I've stayed at many Hyatt Place properties in the past and will do so in the future, but never again at this location. The room's carpet is dirty and sofa looks worn down with stains as well. The housekeeper didn't throw out our trash and left our towels on the floor instead of replacing them (guess I should have expected that since she didn't clean the bathroom at all!). In addition, we left our glasses out so they could be replaced, but instead we found them right where we left them..

All Hyatt properties that we have visited have offered breakfast, but the choices at this location were somewhat limited. Not really an issue, but the choices can be a let down when other properties offer "artisan sandwiches."

The hotel itself is in a decent location but if your room happens to face the interstate then expect to hear traffic all night. We didn't mind this too much as we are using the noise as white noise.

Think twice before booking a room here.

• Stayed March 2014
Nicholas R, Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am deeply sorry for your experience at our location. We take cleanliness very seriously and under no circumstance should you have experienced what you did and again I am very sorry for this. Although it is no excuse, we do have some new Housekeeping staff that we have been training this month to keep up with our extremely high demand during Spring Training. I will definitely share your comments with them and use this experience as a coach tool with all of our housekeepers. I also apologize that our breakfast was not what you expected. We do offer the artisan sandwiches during the week but switch to the scrambles and sausages on the weekends. Again I do apologize for your experience and promise to take all aspects of your concerns up with the housekeeping and gallery host staff. We do hope that you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show you how our hotel can improve from your suggestions. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Cade A.
Assistant General Manager
602-997-8800
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I travel with groups of teens and I have stayed a many, many hotels. I will be coming back to the Hyatt Place Phoenix - North because they've done everything right for me and my group. The reservation process was easy - because Robert, the sales manager, helped me arrange the necessary paperwork, and got my rooms held at a competitive rate. When we arrived, the people at the front desk (Cade, et al.) were very friendly, and got us checked in quickly. The rooms are huge, clean and comfortable. All of the employees have gone out of their way to make sure that all our needs were filled. The kids have enjoyed the breakfasts - there is a good variety for all my students, from the carnivore to the vegetarian. Most of all, everyone has been really, really genuinely friendly, and it's those little touches that count. I will definitely be back and I will recommend this place to all my friends.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the freeway are a bit quieter, but noise hasn't been a problem at all.