“Nice Hotel”

Hyatt Place Phoenix - North
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were visiting Phoenix and the surrounding are for a couple of days, and I chose this hotel, since we'd be coming from the north to get here. The hotel is located in a business district, which was pretty much 'dead', due to the July 4th holiday weekend. Check-in was fast, since there didn't seem to be that many other guests during our stay. The room was clean. I loved the fact that they have bar service for cocktails, until midnight, and if you want a hot sandwich or burger, you can get that 24 hours a day. The room was very clean, from what I could see with my own eyes. Maybe in the near future they can renovate, but the room was still very modern looking. I have family moving to Scottsdale soon, so I'd probably stay with them or choose a hotel in Scottsdale.... but overall, the stay here was very good.

The swimming pool is small; I didn't get into it, but my boyfriend did for a few minutes.

The staff at the front desk (didn't seem to be many folks working, due to being a small number of guests there) were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast served was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Phoenix - North

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. It may not matter to some, but when you see empty trash cans around the outside of the property and filled doggie waste bag dispensers, you know they're paying attention. The breakfast in the morning was well stocked, even as late at 5 minutes before the ending time they were still stocking bagels and donuts. Lots of seating in the lobby for meetings, socializing, or just getting out of the room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, going above and beyond during our stay to make us comfortable. The cafe had a large menu and decent prices - and all the items we had were great. All in all, while it is more of a business park / business hotel, it was a nice stay. Convenient parking and access to the interstate made it better. Also, for families there is a nice theme park / mini golf course across the street from the hotel.

The one negative was the pool didn't have clean towels stocked, and it wasn't well maintained. Lots of dirty towels and trash around when we were using it. Several families peeked left didn't because there were no towels and it was a bit messy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Nicholas R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and for you kind comments regarding our property. We hope that you will be our guest again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Cade A.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed here for 4-5 times now and have always enjoyed the stay here. The location and amenities are good but the service tops it all. I would specially like to call out the front desk professional Michelle who was extremely courteous, caring and very friendly. I can for sure say that her attitude and service mentality has made it very difficult for me to stay elsewhere. Their breakfast options are decent. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is quite small and they can improve on the toiletries. The internet speed is good. Overall the experience was excellent and good value for the money.

Room Tip: Choose the side that is not adjacent to the highway
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank psponsi
Nicholas R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for addressing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your past stays with us. We hope that you will be our guest again in the near future. Again thank you for your review of our property. If there is anything that I can personally assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Cade A.
602-997-8800

Reviewed 2 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This location is a few miles away from downtown Phoenix but it was about $20/night less expensive - if you have a car, save a little money and stay in this freeway-close spot. The room and service was fine, similar to the other Hyatt Places I've stayed at. The college students working at the front counter were very helpful even if they sometimes weren't quite as polished as other hotel staff. My room was on the freeway side - if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs or ask for a room on the other side of the building.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Hyatt Place location takes a little bit of paying attention to reach as you need to access it from a local highway that runs next to the main one. This was a last minute stay and the check in was smooth and painless. They advised me that they don't have room service but you can order food and then pick it up in the lobby. When I asked for a menu they told me it would be in my guest room, which it wasn't, luckily after declining the offer to have me walk back down to the front desk, they sent one up. I ordered some food since it was late and there is nothing in walking distance to eat and the food was decent if a bit under-seasoned. The same can be said of the free breakfast which was under-seasoned but highly attended by hotel guests, requiring jockeying to get any food as the hotel staff struggled to keep food replenished. The room was a bit drab and the bed did sag significantly, but that being said, I got a solid night's sleep. Strangely, this hotel does not have central air conditioning but instead has individual window air conditioning units that can get quite noisy. Not a full service hotel but if you need an inexpensive night near major freeways it fits the bill.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo