“Great hospitality!”

Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Sedona
“Great hospitality!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed everything about this hotel. Wonderful staff...the manager, Cade, was so helpful and accommodating. Great guy! Clean, super-comfortable bed, good breakfast in a very nice atmosphere, snacks available all night. Everything you would expect from a Hyatt. We will try more Hyatt Place hotels. One important suggestion… Ask for a room that does not face the interstate. We didn't know but got the quiet side when Cade checked us in and made it a point to give us the best room he could.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Nicholas R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Mr. Giampaolo,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Also thank you for your kind comments regarding our hospitality and about myself specifically. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

If there is anything else that I can assist you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. 602-997-8800

Cade A.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Arkansas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights at the end of July into the first week of August.
We were given an early check in thanks to Emma who I must say was super nice. Please forgive me if I didn't get his name correctly but David was just as nice.
Room: Clean with a nice layout. The bathroom was smaller than other Hyatt properties and the room had an air conditioner and not a central system. Please keep in mind this was formerly an Amerisuites property. Having only 3 drawers for clothes was a bit disappointing though. The bed was firm. The next day in passing I mentioned that to the front desk. There were no promises made but the next thing i know they added something (most likely a extra mattress pad) because the bed got really comfortable for the rest of our stay. The bathroom tub had a clog and they took care of that, the air conditioner didn't get cold and they took care of that. The bathroom sink water never got cold and they did their best to address that., The bottom line with all of this is when issues were brought to their attention they handled it. Refreshing to see. The internet in the room was strong.
Breakfast: A nice selection of items. Sadly missing was an omlette station which we absolutely loved at one of their other properties in North Atlanta.
Fitness Center: Very small with no free weights. Again maybe unfair but comparing this property to the one in North Atlanta near Smyrna had everything you needed. We have a Planet Fitness membership so we went to their recently opened facility less than 5 minutes away.
Pool Area: Small but adequate. Towels were provided outside underneath a shaded structure. Of course with temps reaching triple digits the pool temperature was inviting.
Wrap up: The hotel is located right off interstate 17 which made traveling around the area convenient. We would definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice, room was clean and comfortable and for the price you can't beat it.

Hello Sir,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. As the operations manager it is always nice hearing kind comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass them along to both Emma and David. It is also nice to hear that your issues were addressed promptly. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly. 602-997-8800

Cade
Assistant General Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We got a smoking hot deal on this hotel and that alone would be worth the stay. But when we checked in, there was an electrical failure and a slight delay. Certainly no big deal, but when we came downstairs after putting our luggage away and went to the bar for a drink the manager told the bartender that he was buying our first round. What a great surprise!! And totally unnecessary! But what a great touch and recognition of what customer service is all about.

The room itself was very nice - a king sized bed with a mini-suite. Very comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect. Their complimentary breakfast is very good, too. Hot food - sausage, two kinds of scrambled eggs, and oatmeal - along with cereal, all kinds of bread, fruit, yogurt, etc. The staff in all departments was wonderful - very friendly, engaging, accommodating, and helpful. This is definitely one of the nicest stays we've had in the Phoenix area.

Europe
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for 6 days during July 2013 Arizona trip. This is budget-oriented hotel, that also hosts guest that stay for longer periods. Staff very nice, check in was quick, rooms clean, bed comfortable, but AC is a problem, since it is indeed very loud (bring ear-plugs). Also bathroom shower head was not working too well. Breakfast typical Hyatt Place breakfast, that does its job, but don't expect too much. There is nothing useful within walking distance of the hotel, so you need a car; groceries are within 5 minutes of driving, Metrocenter Mall is slowly dying, so choose another one.

Camp Verde, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was in Phoenix for a conference at the Black Canyon Conference center and this Hyatt Place is only about a 1/2 mile away. The decor was very nice in the front lobby and the room. Very clean and very comfortable. It was 114 degrees outside, but my room was an amazingly wonderful 70 degrees. There is a small bar with a limited food menu available. Totally worth not going back out in the heat. The only thing I found to complain about, the guacamole. Just don't order it. The front desk staff were awesome, and I liked their great sense of humor. very welcoming after a long day. I did not try the breakfast, but it smelled good on my way out. Good Job Hyatt Place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nicholas R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix - North, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our Gallery Host associates. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Cade A.
Assistant GM
California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here 10 days for work and to visit friends. Check in was fast. Great service, rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Couldn't ask for a better hotel. Personnel were extremely courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A typical looking Hyatt Place hotel with the same old lobby and room accommodations but as the other reviewers have said, the AC is absolutely horrible!!! It is so unbelievably loud that I kept waking up throughout the night as it kept switching gears like a Nascar automobile. And this was AFTER I had already switched rooms thinking it was just a one room problem....NOT! I even had the inept maintenance man come up to see if he could work some magic but he just stood there with a stupid look on his face and said, "there all like this!" Gee, thanks for the effort, he really earns his pay! I should've stayed at my usual hotel across the highway, The Homewood Suites where I know for a fact that the AC works there, shame on this Hyatt! Don't stay here....

Room Tip: You will NOT get any sleep here, trust me!