“Memorable Maricopa Manor”

Ranked #2 of 14 Phoenix B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Memorable Maricopa Manor”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Imagine a retreat that nourishes your spirit with its ambience, yet provides for your every practical need. The suites are spacious, luxurious, spotless, comfortable and elegant. The location is convenient to downtown Phoenix and routes out of town. The on-site owner is a perfect hostess. Truly, you couldn't ask for a more appealing accommodation in Phoenix or anywhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank serena h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Last weekend (June 26) my husband and I got married at this adorable bed and breakfast. The owners, Scott and Joan, were absolutely the two greatest people you will have the honor of meeting. Our families arrived - we booked the whole b&b - on Friday and the owners assisted us with everything. It was such a pleasant and hasslefree affair that I'm still in shock we pulled it off! Scott worked himself to the bone cleaning every bit of the outside patios and gazebo area. By the way, the entire place is exceptionally beautiful. The pictures most certainly do it no justice. The pool is comfortable with half a dozen lounging chairs around it.

There are so may things to say! I'm sure I will miss something! Oh - the breakfast is to die for. I am still having dreams about the spinach quiche. EXCEPTIONAL! BEYOND BELIEF!

Each room has a lovely, unique design to it. We stayed in the Reflections Past suite, absolutely gorgeous furntiture and bathroom. Above all, the best thing is the owners. They are just lovely, lovely people. They even helped take pictures of my wedding! Its quite shocking how you meet people who are the most down-to-earth, compassionate people. Those are the ones to keep close!

I can't begin to tell you how great this place was. We will definitely be staying there again. And please, if you are thinking of staying any where in Phoenix...stay here. :) You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Every room is exceptional!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gbeejunk
United States
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This place has changed management, and from the looks of the new photos, the current owner/manager does not have the same ability to richly decorate the rooms. That aside, this place was awesome!
It's a bit of a pain to get to from the airport and their parking is HORRENDOUS. Tiny, TINY little parking spots that I couldn't get my compact into because of the lack of room on the side street, but . . . there is ample street parking.
Entering here is like entering another world. The pool is ice cold but the fountain that flows into it, the expansive yard with a rich tapestry of grass and trees is extremely inviting. Within walking distance of many, many shops. I LOVED this place. You cannot believe you could possibly be in the middle of the desert, let alone the city, when you are here. HUGE rooms (houses really), very friendly guests . . . I'd return. Decent neighborhood and very close to that whole Phoenix train line (don't worry, you won't hear it at all). Was in love with all the plants, the quiet, the beauty and sheer size of the place. I would definitely return if I found myself in Phoenix again. (Traveled solo).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Boston
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights before we hiked into the Grand Canyon, and then a night or two on the way back. It is in a perfect location for us, and despite being just off the main route, it seemed quiet and peaceful. A real oasis in the middle of the city. We stayed in the Library room, and it was a bedroom and sitting room suite that was perfect for us. The breakfast was served in the room in a basket - there was twice as much food as we needed, but everything was good and fresh, and the egg custard was great even for me - not an egg custard guy.
We will stay there the next time we are in Phoenix.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RHOBoston
Washougal, Washington
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Incredibly nice and hospital owners; perfect location for walking and we enjoyed the fact new light rail was close by. Lots of reading materials in the room and the basket of treats that were stocked daily (this in addition to the daily breakfast basket) was a very nice treat.

We'll come here again in a second.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank milepostsix
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The rooms were great. Most comfortable beds I ever slept in and the area is quiet with much beauty. Fountains and plants make it most appealing . I would recommend this to everyone I know. Barbara Baker Nov. 2010

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank donald_seidel
Lostant, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2010

This was our second visit to this oasis in the desert. It was once again flawless. Beautiful Grounds. Friendly Innkeeper. Wonderful "picnic basket" breakfast. Relaxing, romantic, peaceful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple