“Great Place to Stay in Phoenix”

Maricopa Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Phoenix B&B and Inns
Richmond, VA
“Great Place to Stay in Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2006

My wife and I just spent one night at Maricopa Manor. We loved it. While it's a B&B, it feels more like a small intimate hotel. The grounds are beautiful with a pool, hot tub and several places to have a relaxing meal or read a book. We had booked the Victorian Suite but were upgraded to the Palo Verde Suite. The suites are spacious and most are in small buildings set around the grounds. Jeff, the owner, makes you feel right at home. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank WorldTravelBoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2006

The best way to travel/rest by far. If you are use to B&B's you will not be disappointed If you arent you have to atleast try it. From your private, secure parking spot to your breakfast brought to your room Its like staying at a rich friends house! Very comfortable and clean. Enjoy wine out in the courtyard in the evening or lounge by the pool. There is a great market across the street that has Awesome food you can take back to your suite. The mature landscape helps you forget you are in the city. You dont even see the inn keepers unless you need something and they are right there to help or get you what you need. Book the room NOW !

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank Holly L
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Maricopa Manor for two nights at the end of our two week honeymoon. Jeff the owner of the Maricopa Manor did a fantastic job preparing breakfast in a basket which was dropped off at our door in a basket each morning.

We stayed in the Pasadena Suite which was very spacious and made you feel right at home. When you walk into the suite from your personal car port you enter into a kitchen with its own patio outside. When you walk through the kitchen into the living room with a full sized couch, desk, bookshelves filled with travel information about the area, a large fireplace and big television with digital cable. Through the living room you enter the small hallway through to the bedroom on your right and the full sized bathroom on your left.

As we only had two days in Phoenix I asked Jeff about the sites in the area and he provided us with brochures for each museum we visited as well as provided us with driving directions to get through the city.

The Maricopa Manor was a fantastic way to end a two week vacation our only regrets were we only spent two nights at this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed October 2005
9 Thank cfinlayson
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2006

My girlfriend and I spent New Years' Eve there and were sorry to have to leave so soon. Jeff, the host, made us right at home. The Pasadena Suite is most charming, huge and comfortable. We felt like Phoenix "Old Money". Great breakfast, too. Beautiful courtyard. Nice pool and spa. We also rented the Library Suite for her son. It was also first rate. We would highly recommend either room.

• Stayed December 2005
5 Thank lapsrus
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2005

Came to Phoenix to attend my 40th class reunion at nearby Xavier Preparatory School. Maricopa Manor is truly an oasis of serenity and pampering in urban Phoenix. The grounds of this old estate abound with lush foliage and sounds of birds, fountains splashing, and the Art Deco pool's waterfall. Proprietor Jeff warmly greeted me and my daughter upon arrival, but he remained invisibly attentive throughout my stay: picnic basket of breakfast with fresh fruit, juice, coffee, quiche or egg casserole, and hot muffin would arrive at my door silently and the in-room basket of complimentary snacks (chips, chocolates, crackers, apples, and other delights) would be restocked daily when I was out of the room. I'm fussy about how much cream and sugar I use for my coffee, and Jeff more than catered to my preferences. The mini-refrigerator was stocked with bottled water (free) and a tiny microwave and coffee pot with assorted coffees and teas made me feel like I was at home -- but a luxurious home. I stayed in the Victorian suite in the main house, which opens onto a wooden deck with tables and chairs for breakfast or lounging with a book. Other tables are scattered around the pool and grounds, so you can change the scenery if you're there for more than one breakfast. The bed was very restful, the Manor was quiet, and the location was ideally close to Central and Camelback's shops and restaurants. For day trips, I hiked up nearby Squaw Peak, visited the Desert Botanical Gardens, ate lunch at the Wrigley Mansion with friends (ask for a free self-tour -- the matre d' obliged and we toured by ourselves the mansion's public rooms), and shopped the many stores nearby. It was an easy drive to return to the airport. THANKS, owner JEFF, FOR A WONDERFUL, RESTFUL STAY AT MARICOPA MANOR!

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank TXRed
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2005

The Maricopa Manor Inn is a fun little place with a lot of character. The innkeeper is very friendly and helpful, being a great guide for the amazingly large city of Phoenix. The Library suite is decorated very nicely, with a large comfortable bed. A tasty breakfast sets you up for the day perfectly. A highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank mgcasvtiany
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2005

I loved the Maricopa Manor. I was in Phoenix for a conference, and found this place quite by accident on the Internet. It saved me from a chain hotel, and I am forever grateful. Jeff is wonderful, and was very accomodating with my schedule. I returned from class each day to a relaxing, comfortable, perfectly maintained room, right on the edge of the city.

The daily breakfast delivery was delicious, and the coffee is PERFECT, which is no small feat.

I would go to Phoenix again just to hang out here, I think. I only wish I'd had more daylight time to enjoy the grounds and the Pasadena Suite.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business