“Great Mexican Food”

Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Chico, California
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The food was good but the service was horrible. I asked for guacamole to go with the chips but they never brought it out nor did they refill the chips after we had eaten them! The server was rude! When I asked which raspberry margarita was better blended or on the rocks, he commented that he NEVER drank raspberry margaritas... and I have no idea what kind of margarita he brought me but it certainly wasn't raspberry! Plus it took a long time to get our food.

Visited May 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Grand old place”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have loved this restaurant for so many years, and we don't understand why it's not packed. It's always good. Best bet: "Mexican Banana Split: The Chimichanga." We don't understand the title (and neither do any of the waiters we've talked to), but we love it!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank dianaholbert
Columbus, Ohio
“Always Great!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I love this restaurant. It is nothing fancy to look at but the food is always fantastic. I had the chimichanga (machaca) and it was so good! The portions are huge. I love the margaritas. My nephew ordered the chicken tortilla soup, it was incredible. It tasted like it had been cooking in grandma's kitchen all day. Our waiter was really busy but very attentive. We have been coming to restaurant for decades, we will keep coming!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Columbus9
Charlotte, North Carolina
“This low rating is a travesty!”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I ate hear last night (03/01/2011) on the recommendation of my 2 dear friends that eat here all the time. Of course, like I always do, I checked Trip Advisor to see what other thought. I was hesitant because it is the 794th ranked restaurant in Phoenix but my friends swore it was great. First off we order a cheese crisp with sliced green chilis on it. OMG, this was the most amazing cheese crisp I have EVER had. So simple and plain but deliash. We had a couple of house margaritas that were good but not the best I have ever had. For entres we had machaca chimichangas and pork carnitas, both which were delicious. DO NOT be scared off by the low rating because this place is a CAN'T MISS!!! Thank you La Pinata!

• Visited March 2011