“I laughed til I cried and ate the best Mexican food in Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pinata

La Pinata
Ranked #530 of 3,054 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Ballina, Australia
“I laughed til I cried and ate the best Mexican food in Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

A long time between visits - tens of years and nothing has changed. Consistently excellent food and terrific staff and particularly Peter who runs the place with his many sisters and on top of being an excellent chef, is charming and funny beyond belief. Family owned always and started by their father in 1969 it us one of the best in the Phoenix area.

Do not be fooled by the neighbourhood or the outside. Go, eat, drink and enjoy!

2 Thank SaltwaterSchelly

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We went to La Pinata as a party of four. Throughout the meal everyone was raving about the food. From the appetizer through the dessert each our our courses was tasty, fresh and full of flavor. Though I normally avoid Mexican food I was able to relish the fish tacos and the entire meal. The service was prompt and pleasant. Overall, I expect that we would return if we have the opportunity. One note for the owner; dump the FOX news and find a better channel for the televisions. (It takes away from the overall experience).

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DanTColeman
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent! Glad they haven't changed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I hadn't gone there since attending Phoenix College. Had lunch with my parents and it couldn't have been better. Delicious food, attentive service and because it is a small place, holding a conversation within your party isn't difficult. Decor is the same but well maintained. Great unassuming place to take someone for good mexican food with a very pleasant setting. Definitely one of the top places in Phoenix.

• Visited February 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
“Often a first stop when we arrive in PHX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My father-in-law often takes us here when we fly into PHX. I just had a beef taco but appreciated the homemade tortilla and shredded beef. My husband loved his tamale. The waitress was super polite.

• Visited December 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Burned Beans . . . Yum”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Terrible Mexican food! Used to be very good back in the 1970's. The only thing that made this place remotely pleasant was seeing it in the rear view mirror as we were leaving!

Visited November 2013