“Great for the price”

Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Clean room, great location, close to downtown. The area is sketchy, so be mindful if walking around the neighborhood. Good for a place to sleep while working the weekend. Customer service could be improved. Only wanted to give out 1 key per room which was a hassle. Other than that, no complaints.

1  Thank T R

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is not the Hilton-but was clean and well situated at 1/3 the cost. It was convenient walking distance from the Convention Center.
I chose this Inn because I did not want to be too close to the Convention Center and am happy I made the choice. It is not a perfect location but no threats were felt as a single person walking the 6 - 8 blocks from the Convention Center.

Room Tip: Morning Coffee and muffins available starting at 0630. Unfortunately my conference started at 0630 s...
1  Thank renmar22
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I needed an inexpensive hotel for a conference I was attending at the Phoenix Convention Center. This fit the bill. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport promtly. My room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The bed was good quality and comfortable. The new LG flat screen TV was nice. There was a microwave and mini fridge in my room. Also, ironing board and iron there if needed. It was about a 15 min walk to downtown, which I enjoyed as I needed the exercise after sitting in meeting rooms all day. There are plenty of taxis available if needed or take advantage of the local pedi-cabs around town. Jessica and her family (I assume they were all family) were very accomodating, friendly and helpful. My room was fresh when I returned. I prefer rooms off the ground level, and this probably also makes for a quiet stay.Call them for a reservation to save even more as then there is no commission if not using this site.

3  Thank VICTORIA M
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The location was great. The room was spacious. However, they did not service our room. We left early in the morning and when we arrived at 9:30 pm, the sheets had not been changed and the dirty towels were still were we had left them. I spoke with the onsite manager. He did apologize but did not make any efforts to change us to another room. I had to ask for clean towels. Needless to say, this was a big dissapointment.

Room Tip: You may want to check at the desk to make sure they service your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have stayed at a few of Americas Best Value Inn and it is just that, a clean place to sleep at a great price. This one was newly renovated and the owners are actively working to treat their customers right. We have return business in Phoenix and will use this hotel for our needs as long as this business continues. If you are looking for a clean place to hang your hat for a day or more in the Phoenix area, and you don't need all the amenities of a big hotel/resort, you will be satisfied with this. The only suggestion I would have is that during the renovation, they did not put exhaust fans in the showers which will produce a mildew problem over time for them on the ceiling. The easy way to deal with this is for the owners to have the maids to make sure to look up and wipe with disinfectant periodically. See you next time.

1  Thank psydi
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I've now stayed here about 5 times. It's kind of on the border between downtown & where it starts getting ghetto but don't let that fool you. If you prefer to pay $70 rather than $200 @ the Sheraton then this is the best hotel I've found. The rooms are recently renovated and are very clean. Flatscreen tvs. New tile & carpet. I feel like I'm at a Hampton or courtyard inn. & its not a far walk to the downtown bars & restaurants. The manager Sam is a really nice & helpful guy too.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank jwhite007
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I very much enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. Bed was cozy. People running the hotel were very helpful and pleasant, going above and beyond the call to make things easier for me. I was told the neighborhood is a little sketchy, especially at night, but didn't have any trouble with this personally.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo