“Economical gem”

Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

For a downtown hotel it was quiet and economical The service at check-in was exceptional. The staff was friendly. It was close to the museums and other attractions and it was convenient to the freeway and downtown businesses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne J
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear, Anne
Thank you for time to write your feedback, we glad that you enjoy your stay with us, we are proudly located in downtown close to the major attraction, hope your short feedback will help our future guests to make selection of motel. see you again in phoenix!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and wanted a place that was close to downtown and also economical. Clean room, friendly staff. Good service. They let me use their computer to print out my boarding pass before my flight and even though I had missed breakfast, let me get some orange juice. Airport shuttle was vet convenient and the driver was very nice. I would stay again and recommend to everyone.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jenna T
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear, Jenna
We are so happy to see your feedback on TripAdvisor, thank you so much for taking time for your kind comments, we glad that you enjoy your stay with us and had a great service from our staff, your few words say much more to future visitors, hope you have great trip to back home, hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Nice clean well kept motel. I was at a 3 day conference at the convention center. It was a comfortable 10-15 minute walk. The area is safe. The room was large and clean. The value was incredible! Staying at a big name hotel a few blocks away would have been $200 or more per night. As I "just slept" at the motel it was just great, and not paying for amenities or fees for things I would not have used. Plus free parking!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank merles557
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear, sir
Thank you for your kind remark for us, your feedback is very short & sweet and describe everything in few words, we appreciate your understating for true value of service and facilities and proud to having guests like you! we are waiting to welcoming you again when you are in phoenix! let us know your next trip plan we will happy to make your stay enjoyable!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had the nicest time staying here while attending government workshops/seminars. It is walking distance to Central Station where you could jump on the light rail or take a bus around the Phoenix/Mesa/Tempe area. The hotel is walking distance from downtown Cityscape Phoenix where you could see a baseball game, catch a movie, grab a few drinks, and workout (Gold's Gym Elite). The nightly hotel rates are insanely cheap with decent living quarters, continental "grab and go" breakfast and free wifi. This place is great for business travelers. I had a two part series of trainings within two weeks in Phoenix...you betcha I booked myself to stay at Americas Best Value Inn again! For future references, if ever I end up in Phoenix again for training or on a vacation; I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank cnmiislandgirltravel

Dear, value guest
We are very happy to see your feedback and glade that you enjoy your stay with us, we are proudly located on central phoenix and near all major downtown attraction, your review will help us to improve our service and future travelers to choose their place to stay, we are very thankful to you for your recommendations and willing to stay with us in future if you need it, hope it’s come soon and we Weill see you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was a travel fool and left my business laptop and backpack at the hotel and a late Sunday night arrival and early Monday departure while make a court appearance on Monday morning. I went all the way back home to California and didn't realize that I had left it in my room on the top of the dresser. I called Sam three days later and he had found it in the room. I had asked if he could ship it back to me in California if I gave him my corporate FedEx info and he said that he would be glad to and that it was his job. My problem was solved and I mentioned to him that I work in Hospitality in Executive management in the IT division of our company, for a Hotel management company that manages 5 High End resorts in California. I had explained to him that if the staff at my hotels treated me as nice as Sam did, that I would be a happier man. I also just came from a Hospitality conference in LA and that was a major point of their IT / Hospitality break out sessions. "The guest wants a better experience and are now expecting it more.".

Sam is truly someone that understands what the guest experience is all about. Giving your customer what they want and need without hesitation.

Great Job Sam!

Room Tip: Pick any but call ahead if it is summer time and you want the room to be cool when you arrive. That...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CSmith2015

Dear, Mr. Smith
Thank you for staying with us and opportunity to serve you, guest satisfaction and best service make everybody’s happy like you! our management committed to provide same service after checkout as well, your feedback and comments make us more happy, appreciate for taking time to write you feedback, for your future reservation need please contact us, we are proud to having you again! Hope to see you in phoenix !

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This America's Best Value Inn isn't much to look at -- the sign is probably the nicest element of the exterior decor -- but if you want to walk to a baseball game, ride the light rail, or have a quick drive (3.8 miles) to the airport rental car facility, this place fits the bill. And the hotel bill is remarkably cheap. I stayed one night at this facility. Ample parking, by the way; always a perk when you can park near the stairs to your room when you have to lug luggage up those stairs.

I first have to compliment the very accommodating hotel staff. I arrived before check-in time at the hotel since I was attending an afternoon baseball game at Chase Field (which, as an aside, is one of the best indoor facilities -- when the retractable roof is closed -- to watch a major league baseball game and is served by the nicest stadium employees I have ever encountered at a major league stadium.) The hotel clerk was friendly, polite and perfectly fine with me storing my bags behind the counter until I returned from the game and also allowed me to use the desk computer and printer to print my morning flight boarding pass. He also offered some suggestions about places to visit in Phoenix after the game.

Returning to the hotel, I checked in and checked out my room. I was "greeted" by a huge (old) stain on the carpet and nearly unbearable heat in the room. (It was 109 in Phoenix that afternoon and the room air conditioner was not turned on.) Once the quite large room cooled down, my experience was fine. The bed was very comfortable and the room furniture was practical and in very good shape. The shower and toiletries were very good quality. And there was enough breakfast food -- waffles, cereal, bananas -- to provide an energetic start for my flight back to Michigan the following morning. (Not a lot of room in the breakfast "area, though;" three chairs and a counter constitute the breakfast space.)

Another aside, this time to a previous reviewer: not sure why you described the area as "seedy." Somewhat deserted, yes, on the walk to downtown; but certainly not threatening by downtown city standards. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and walkable downtown Phoenix was. (Not that I recommend a lot of walking around when the temperature is 109!)

Check out was quick and pleasant. A good hotel stay at a very good price, I would say.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bigcitydiner
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear, value guest
Thank you for taking time for your brief review, we glad that you enjoy your stay with us, and sorry for that your air-conditioning was not on when you arrive, we have lots of sports lovers like you who staying with us at game time, your feedback is very helpful for improve our service and future guests, promise to meet your perfect expectation at your next visit, for your future reservation need please call us directly to make your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked this room so that we could check out "down town Phoenix".
Our first issue was that we were unaware that the free shuttle service had to booked at least 24 hours before hand, so when we rang for collection from the airport, we were unable to get the shuttle.
We ended up catching the airport train then light rail into Phoenix city then walked the few blocks to the motel.
The location made us feel a little uneasy as there wasnt much around.
The room itself was adequate, with lots of space for our luggage, a large bed, a wet area, TV, bar fridge and a clean bathroom.
The room felt "old" but it was fine for the one night stopover.
The breakfast in the morning was basically cereal which was set up in the small reception area. We got our food and took it back to the room to eat as there wasnt really anywhere to sit.
We booked the free shuttle back to the airport for the next day with the receptionist, who was very attentative and helpful (suggested some popular eating places and provided us with a map).
Unfortunately, our shuttle bus was very late and arrived 30 mins after the time we booked it for. Luckily we had booked it well in advance for our outgoing flight and didnt miss our plane. My suggestion however is to either book the shuttle with plenty of time to spare or catch a taxi/light rail.
Although the room was "Okay", I wouldnt stay here again, simply due to its location.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms mean you dont have to cart your luggage up stairs (no elevators) and easier to ta...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear, Valued guest
Thank you for opportunity to serve you and appreciate for your feedback, sorry for inconvenience for shuttle service but we advertise on website that please book it advance, we glad that you enjoy our room, cleanliness and hospitality from our staff. Sorry to hear that you don’t enjoy the location but we can’t do anything about it, we hope that this experience does not deter you from returning, hope you have great trip to back home!