“Sandwiches Good But Go For Take Out”

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #677 of 3,268 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Soups
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We have had the chain's sandwiches and they are always tasty and fresh. The store however is more like a Subway than other nicer atmosphere Capriotti's stores. It could use a good cleaning. The salt shakers on the tables felt like they hadnt been cleaned in years. The drink station could use some attention and no restoom for customers to wash. Just rely on this store for sandwiches or go to the much nicer Dana Park location.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My daughter has been eating here for years and she finally got me to try it out. Well, I was impressed. The variety was great and the freshness of ingredients couldn't be better. A great option for lunch or an early, quick dinner

2  Thank AZSMF
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I saw the sign a few months ago that adversited "The greatest sandwich in America" so I finally went it to give it a shot.

The place was clean.
The staff was friendly.
The prices were OK.
The taste was very average.

I had the Cole Turkey. The turkey did not taste like turkey. The provolone was fine. If you had not told me there was russian dressing on it I would never have guessed. The cole slaw was nice.

For me a sandwich is all about the meat.

It may be just me because one other guy and his girlfriend/wife were in there and he said to the guy behind the counter at least 3 times how great his sandwich was.

Given the reputation of this place I suppose I should give it a second chance but there are so many good places to get a good meal that I will put this place very low on my list.

5  Thank arizonaac
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Mostly sandwiches, but very good. It's basically a lunch spot. Very popular with the local crowd. The bread is very good.

1  Thank bmb11
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Good cheese steaks but no Whiz. Potato chip brand was mediocre. Ambience is non-existent...definitely a place to do take-out.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook