“great location”

Residence Inn Phoenix North/Happy Valley
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was very convenient to go to northern places like Sedona and Lake Havasu City. Very conveniently located with a lot of shopping and restaurants. Very close to the freeway. They served food on M-W evenings which was excellent after a full day outdoors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I spent a few days at the sprayer to and really enjoyed our stay. He location severed our needs well as we had plans for events in the northern Phoenix area. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. The cleaning staff did a nice job every day. If you need to stay away from home for several days these properties work so well. If I had one comment I would say that the could use more staff for the morning breakfast, often the coffee was empty and food was running low. The breakfast worked hard but they just could use one extra employee to keep things filled. I heard several comments on this.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MIFire
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great location . easy on and off free way. excellent service, friendly staff. The happy hour was wonderful. The rooms were clean and kept up.. Lots of food choices walking distance. Evev bits of shopping was walking distance. Would stay there again,

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank specedgirl
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We are frequent guests of the Residence Inn hotels. They are pet friendly and perfect for a 4+ day stay. We love the fully stocked kitchenette because it allows us to cook our own meals. Eating the same choice fast food or restaurants on the road gets old. The kitchenettes have a range, microwave, fridge, four piece flatware and place setting. All you need is your own groceries. We tried eating at the complimentary happy hour, but gave up after some of the other hotel guests took multiple plates of food leaving nothing for other guests. I guess they assumed it was an all you can eat buffet and they were the ONLY guests in the hotel.
There is guest laundry available. Free wifi. There is a large breakfast spread. (I'd advise getting there early in the morning) Our room was very clean, the linens and towels smelled very fresh and clean. Housekeeping did an excellent job cleaning the room each day. The front desk service was polite and courteous. When I had a problem with the key card reader on my door, they responded promptly with a maintenance worker to replace the card reader. I-17 is located 1/2 mile from the hotel. Large variety of stores, restaurants within 3 miles of the hotel. The price, quality and service are very reasonable.
The next time we are in Phoenix we will be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Floors 4 or 5 are quieter, less guest traffic & noise. The lowers floors seemed to have more kid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I are retired and decide this year we would stay in hotels for extended period during our trip. We had booked a week in a one bedroom suite at this hotel and the location turn out to be everything we expected. However the first room we were put in was next to a mechanical room with a constant very low drumming noise. To the hotels credit they did move us to another room which is always a pain when you have settled in. Well the next room turn out to be much better as long as the HVAC was not running, this was easy to solve by turning the unit off at night. I am sure they have many room were this would not be a problem and I would stay here again but would check it our more before I accepted a room. I did mention it is in a great location.

Room Tip: Turn on your HVAC unit if you are a light sleeper before accepting your room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Overall: Great location, eany access to highway, 10 min drive to Scottsdale. Newer hotel.

Check In: Arrived late, easy check in.

Room: big 1 bedroom with living room and kitchen. Never used the kitchen, but it it was available. Clean room and looked new. Could easily accommodate family of 4 with sofa bed.

Hotel: good breakfast, not the small continental breakfast. The pool is outside and it was February. .. so I never used it.

Check out: got the room on Priceeline and prepaid. But the hotel charged me again when I checked out... I never got the receipt slipped under my door the night before check out and I didn't go to the front office to check out. Called Marriott and they easily credited my card. No problems or hassle.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank dpbdmd
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I should start out by saying that staying at this Residence Inn wasn't our first choice. It worked out as our dearest friends were staying there, and it allowed us to have the maximum amount of time with them, which was great. We were in town for my best friend's father-in-law's funeral. It was a sad occasion, but he had lived a full and rich live (he was 94). From the minute we checked in, the front desk staff were fantastic and very welcoming. When they asked why were in town, and I told the woman at the front desk that it was a funeral, she was very respectful. We had a suite with a full kitchen and bedroom, and the room was very clean. After check-in, we immediately received a call to see if everything was in order. We were greeted enthusiastically every time we were in the lobby. I used Marriott points, and they were right on top of that as I checked in.
Listen, this isn't the Ritz, but it worked very well for our purposes. After the funeral and get together with family, we got back to the hotel and joined our friends for a late takeout dinner in their suite and toasted our friend's father. It was perfect to be able to eat privately at the hotel that evening. I would like to thank the staff for being so helpful and concerned. The only negative is that our friend did not like the breakfast at the hotel, so we went out each morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple