“The encore was as good as expected!”

Arrivederci Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Arrivederci Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #478 of 3,154 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Cross street: 42st and Chandler Blvd
Reviewed 19 November 2012

It has been over a year since we ate here but a groupon set it up. I had remembered that we liked the food a lot and was happy to try again. It was 6pm on a Sunday night and they were just about full! Our waiter, an older gentleman, took good care of us, he was quite busy but he didn't overlook us. The bread, which I had remembered to be very good, still was, hot, soft focacia served with a small plate of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was already poured and it had more vinegar than we wanted. We ordered ravioli di pollo e portobello (chicken and mushrooms) and linguini vongole, cozze, e calamari (mussels, clams and squid), both $17. The ravioli were delicious, 6 of them in a creamy mushroom sauce, and the linguini were covered in jet black mussel shells, small white clam shells and squid rings in a tomato based broth. I ordered the red rather than the white sauce. They put on as much parmesan cheese as you wanted, even if excessive! I am taking away a half star for the pre-poured oil and vinegar and for the pre-grated cheese. Our waiter did everything you would want except smile and show a bit of personality. This is not a complaint but an observation. Arrivederci is a 4.5 star restaurant with moderate prices and a lovely ambiance.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

For being on a street lined with strip malls, we were pleasantly surprised to discover this restaurant, and how yummy their food is! Service was excellent, ambiance was pleasant, wine list better than expected. My only complaint (which is true with too many Italian restaurants) is that the staff need to know how to pronounce the names of the dishes correctly (I'm picky that way).

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Living nearby, I often go to this restaurant for good food and the friendly atmosphere. The happy hour (5-7) is great for a relaxing drink, half price appetizers and a friendly and diverse bar clientele. The dining room is beautifully decorated and the staff members are all personable and helpful. A great menu. Reasonable prices. Reservations normally not necessary unless it's Saturday or you have a large party. Say hello to Max, the friendly owner, and you'll want to come back again.
PS. If you're just passing through, they are just one mile west of the I-10 on Chandler Blvd.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

After living in Italy for 5 years I am hard to please at Italian restaurants in the United States. Arrivederci was no exception. Caesar salad was boring. Eggplant Parmesan was rolled and stuffed with four cheeses and tasty. Chicken Parmesan dry and covered with too much mozzarella. Both entrees came with a small amount of the same pasta.each guest is served one good warm, delicious roll and you almost have to beg for a second one. Service is a bit slow. Overall the experience is a bit lacking!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We love this neighborhood italian restaurant. Great happy hour and dining. I had the shrimp ravioli and my husband had one of their signature pasta dishes, both were very tasty. The customer service is extremely friendly and top notch. We will definitely come here again!